Excuse me, you'll need to see security. What has Mickeystoontown done? Update 3/25x2

Wow...those shorts are something else! :lmao:

Sorry about the rain soaked New Year's festivities. That stinks! We didn't get rain, but it's really cold here. I'd rather have rain!

Not sure yet about a PTR. I've been contemplating....and mulling over titles in my head. We'll see! I'll be sure to let you know! :thumbsup2

Okay, listen up all you CSR and POR fans out there. I know that this has been a back and forth, back and forth issue with our family for several years but I need brutally honest opinions.

I was able to add the Disney Visa promo to our May, 2013 vacation and saved $637. Mama and Lacey's reservations need to be changed now that the promo has been made public. I've called twice this morning to try and modify the reservations and each time the process starts, the computers go down and they aren't able to make the change. Others over on the Discount and Codes threads have been able to modify their reservations. My fear is that all rooms at the CBR will be taken by the time I am able to get through.

If I have to change moderates, I'll have to chose between Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs because the percentage off at Port Orleans French Quarter is just 5%.

So, I went over to the CSR page to reconfirm (we already knew about it) that there is a convention there for two of our nights. I'm thinking that since the convention ends on a Thursday some conventioners will be bringing along their families and will stay through the weekend. I went to the company's website to see how many attendees they had planned for and found this:

Fusion is the IFO's (Institute of Financial Operations) flagship event, with over 2,000 attendees and five days of breakout sessions, thought-leader sessions, keynotes, and networking opportunities covering the full spectrum of financial operations, including AP, AR, automation, and procure-to-pay and BPM.

According to the convention schedule, it looks like most events will be ending at around 4:00 or so.

There's also one evening that they are going to have a block party and someone posted that it would require the beach being blocked off for the evening.

The over 2,000 part scares the bejeezers out of us. I'm wondering how many of those attendees will be staying at the CSR and how much of an impact it would make on a stay there. I figure a large number of those folks will bring their families along too and that will add to the crowd there.

BUT, since there are only a certain number of rooms blocked off for the convention would it really matter? Do the convention goers (even those not staying at the CSR) have full use of the resort while there?

Now, over to the POR questions. We are from Louisiana and I'm not quite sure that we would appreciate the "vibe" of the resort since it's something we see every day.

If we were to get put in an Alligator Bayou room, I know that we wouldn't have enough storage room. I would absolutely not want to be put in one of those rooms.

However, we do like to go to Downtown Disney and it'd be nice to take the boat over.

I've heard that the two Port Orleans resorts sometimes share bus transportation. Have any of you been mid to late May who can share their experiences?

Anyway, all these questions may be mute once I get through to Disney again but I need to know our options just in case.

Those shorts are something else! :rotfl: Love the photo comparisons.

So glad that Jesse enjoyed Soarin! It's such a fun ride, we all love it.

We've never stayed at CSR or POR so I don't have much to add. However, we did stay at French Quarter and in the week we were there only shared buses with Riverside once-and that was at an 'off' time--like 2 pm or such. Good luck!

Okay, listen up all you CSR and POR fans out there. I know that this has been a back and forth, back and forth issue with our family for several years but I need brutally honest opinions.

I was able to add the Disney Visa promo to our May, 2013 vacation and saved $637. Mama and Lacey's reservations need to be changed now that the promo has been made public. I've called twice this morning to try and modify the reservations and each time the process starts, the computers go down and they aren't able to make the change. Others over on the Discount and Codes threads have been able to modify their reservations. My fear is that all rooms at the CBR will be taken by the time I am able to get through.

If I have to change moderates, I'll have to chose between Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs because the percentage off at Port Orleans French Quarter is just 5%.

So, I went over to the CSR page to reconfirm (we already knew about it) that there is a convention there for two of our nights. I'm thinking that since the convention ends on a Thursday some conventioners will be bringing along their families and will stay through the weekend. I went to the company's website to see how many attendees they had planned for and found this:

Fusion is the IFO's (Institute of Financial Operations) flagship event, with over 2,000 attendees and five days of breakout sessions, thought-leader sessions, keynotes, and networking opportunities covering the full spectrum of financial operations, including AP, AR, automation, and procure-to-pay and BPM.

According to the convention schedule, it looks like most events will be ending at around 4:00 or so.

There's also one evening that they are going to have a block party and someone posted that it would require the beach being blocked off for the evening.

The over 2,000 part scares the bejeezers out of us. I'm wondering how many of those attendees will be staying at the CSR and how much of an impact it would make on a stay there. I figure a large number of those folks will bring their families along too and that will add to the crowd there.

BUT, since there are only a certain number of rooms blocked off for the convention would it really matter? Do the convention goers (even those not staying at the CSR) have full use of the resort while there?

Now, over to the POR questions. We are from Louisiana and I'm not quite sure that we would appreciate the "vibe" of the resort since it's something we see every day.

If we were to get put in an Alligator Bayou room, I know that we wouldn't have enough storage room. I would absolutely not want to be put in one of those rooms.

However, we do like to go to Downtown Disney and it'd be nice to take the boat over.

I've heard that the two Port Orleans resorts sometimes share bus transportation. Have any of you been mid to late May who can share their experiences?

Anyway, all these questions may be mute once I get through to Disney again but I need to know our options just in case.

I replied to you on FB on your question and gave you my honest opinion. :)

Those shorts are something else! :rotfl: Love the photo comparisons.

So glad that Jesse enjoyed Soarin! It's such a fun ride, we all love it.

We've never stayed at CSR or POR so I don't have much to add. However, we did stay at French Quarter and in the week we were there only shared buses with Riverside once-and that was at an 'off' time--like 2 pm or such. Good luck!

When I go back and look at pictures of John and I when we were dating, I have a case of giggling fits. We looks soooo stupid! But, back then we were cool and hip. :hippie:

I really really want to change resorts but the rest of the family aren't sure about it. Disney may make the decision for me and tell me that there are only rooms available at X resort.

Wow, your New Years Day sounds strangely familiar. We spent the afternoon cleaning out a couple of bathroom closets. You wouldn't believe the stuff we found!

I don't have much input on the resort thing. I love CBR about as much as you do, so I'd want to stay there.

Wow, your New Years Day sounds strangely familiar. We spent the afternoon cleaning out a couple of bathroom closets. You wouldn't believe the stuff we found!

I don't have much input on the resort thing. I love CBR about as much as you do, so I'd want to stay there.

Oh I bet I would believe it! I found so much "stuff" a/k/a junk in the drawers. It's crazy how it piles up.

I am going crazy trying to figure out what to do if they hit me with "there are no more rooms available at the Caribbean Beach Resort". I've seen several folks saying that they can't get the room they want at their preferred resort. I would just do it online but then I'd have to put down a new deposit, have all of the payments that have already been made credited back and then pay them all over again. So, I wait and wait and wait on the phone at lunch. After 30 minutes, I had to hang up. Guess I'll try again later.

I.was.so.behind.again! I laughed my way through the last 15 or so pages and had some comments. Now let's see what I can remember.:laughing:

Your AK day looked great (minus the EE breakdown of course). I'm with you on thinking I could spend a couple of days at this park but it always seem like we are only there for one. The FOTLK is one of my very favorite shows so I really hope the rumors about its demise aren't for real. You got some good pics there. I usually don't try cause I'm so caught up in watching the show. I'm very impressed again that you all can pose for your Dinosaur picture so well. I'm never sure when it's coming so I guess we'll have to adopt your policy of just pose for every big dino you see!!

Dinner at House of Blues looked delish! What a great surprise to take everyone to Cirque.

Lacey's shoes.................um...........I got nothin'. I guess they're unique how's that!!:)

I hope your holidays AND your birthday were wonderful! I have a December birthday too and half the time I forget about it myself..........too much going on!! :confused3 Oh, and btw, your new little nephew is so very cute!! Hope you've had a chance to love on him by now!!

Waiting to see if you get your rooms......................pixiedust:

I.was.so.behind.again! I laughed my way through the last 15 or so pages and had some comments. Now let's see what I can remember.:laughing:

Your AK day looked great (minus the EE breakdown of course). I'm with you on thinking I could spend a couple of days at this park but it always seem like we are only there for one. The FOTLK is one of my very favorite shows so I really hope the rumors about its demise aren't for real. You got some good pics there. I usually don't try cause I'm so caught up in watching the show. I'm very impressed again that you all can pose for your Dinosaur picture so well. I'm never sure when it's coming so I guess we'll have to adopt your policy of just pose for every big dino you see!!

Dinner at House of Blues looked delish! What a great surprise to take everyone to Cirque.

Lacey's shoes.................um...........I got nothin'. I guess they're unique how's that!!:)

I hope your holidays AND your birthday were wonderful! I have a December birthday too and half the time I forget about it myself..........too much going on!! :confused3 Oh, and btw, your new little nephew is so very cute!! Hope you've had a chance to love on him by now!!

Waiting to see if you get your rooms......................pixiedust:

Hey! Good to "see" you!

Yep, just pose for each and every big dinosaur that pops out at you and you'll get a good picture. That's what we always do.

It's funny that you said that you forget it's your birthday. I did that this year. I completely forgot.

Our nephew is growing like a weed but we have only seen the growth in pictures. The doctors advised them to get through the flu season before getting him out or having a lot of people around him. It's killing me!

Oh I got a whole lot that I could say about those gosh awful shoes! They are so ugly and I laughed and shook my head every time I laid eyes on them.

Dear Lord Jesus, I pray that you'll give me strength to go through the procedure of modifying reservations, breaking the news to family members and dealing with the aftermath. In Your precious name, Amen!

No, I am not being facetious. I needed that prayer and have uttered it multiple times over the course of the afternoon and evening.

A very wonderful Dis friend who is a travel agent, read of my plight and sent me a text message saying that she would hold two rooms for me at the CBR with the new promo. If I needed them, all I had to do is let her know.

Once I had the boss out of the office, I called John and asked him, IF, for any reason, I had to change resorts which one did I need to chose. He was no help at all and basically said "whatever". :(

I started trying to call Disney Travel immediately after talking with John. The first phone call was about 30 minutes and I couldn't hold any longer. I locked up the office at 5:00, got in the car, dialed Disney and laid the phone on my lap. Via speakerphone, I listened to the soundtrack from Lights, Motor, Action and Oh Canada 954,000 times.

Finally, just as I was pulling into our street, a castmember picks up and was able to apply the discount to both Mama's reservation and Lacey's reservation. Woo Hoo! :woohoo: Mama saved $575.70. :cool1: Lacey saved $433.74. :banana: We had already saved $636.99. :yay:

I get home, grab up the paper that I scribbled the figures on and walked over to Mama's. She was super excited to see the new price and was happy with the discount. We sit down in the living room to chat a minute and she says "well, I wouldn't have minded staying at Port Orleans". Good gosh! You've got to be kidding me. In my mind, I was saying over and over "I love my Mama. I love my Mama". Bless her almost 79 year old heart. She wasn't complaining, she was just stating what she was thinking.

We finished up our chat and I walked back to the house. John asked if Mama was happy with the money she saved and I told him what she said about Port Orleans. He almost fainted too.

This weekend, I am going to sit each and every person down, put Lacey and Jesse on speakerphone and we are going to discuss this for the very last time before we go to Disney in May, 2013. Do we stay at Caribbean Beach Resort or do we change to Port Orleans? (Mama told me again, this evening, that she's super nervous about the convention at the CSR and I can't get her to think otherwise.)

By golly, I don't like this resort choosing roller coaster. I prefer the twisting super fast Rock N Rollercoaster thank you very much!

I'm glad you are staying at CBR...I think you'll be happy. Perhaps on a trip in the future when your mom doesn't go you can switch things up a little.

I'm glad you are staying at CBR...I think you'll be happy. Perhaps on a trip in the future when your mom doesn't go you can switch things up a little.

I was in shock when she said that. Like I told you earlier, I am ready for a change. Really ready for one but I will do what the majority wants this time. I'm thinking the same as you.....go with another resort in 2014.

Good luck!!!! :goodvibes:rotfl2:

This is really out of character for Mama. She's usually the one who doesn't like any change and doesn't want anybody to go to any trouble to please her. That's why it's so shocking to us.

John said to just change it to Port Orleans and not tell her. He said to print out the CBR confirmation and then change it. But, Mama's such a stickler when it comes to keeping up with her paperwork that she's going to want a copy of everything every time she makes a payment.

I am very confused! :rotfl2: Are you now staying at CBR or CSR?

I'm confused too! :lmao: Right now, we are booked in three rooms at the CBR. When I couldn't get through to Disney Travel earlier, I was afraid that the standard CBR rooms would be booked by the time I was able to place another call. So, I was trying to make the decision on another moderate to try if the CBR was all booked up.

Fortunately, I was able to modify all three ressies and keep our rooms at the CBR. When I told Mama, she made the comment about not minding if we had switched to POR.

I ain't changin' nothin' 'til everybody comes to a consensus.

We are planning our October trip, and I am back and forth between POR/POFQ and CSR. I am also worried about the theming being too close to home! :)

We are planning our October trip, and I am back and forth between POR/POFQ and CSR. I am also worried about the theming being too close to home! :)

I'm glad to hear that it's not just me who wonders if the PO resorts would feel like I'm at home. I see that you are from North Louisiana. So are we!

Sorry -- I LIKE Lacey's shoes!! My sister was dying for a pair at one point.

So glad you were FINALLY able to get through to Disney and get the discounts applied!!

We stayed at POFQ in May 2010. I do not remember sharing a bus with POR at all.

Yay for getting through...finally. I totally understand. The waits are HORRID and the system keeps going down...over and over. Someone needs to be fired and the whole system should be restarted from scratch.

I laughed when you mentioned you saw that movie. it actually kind of intrigued me a bit. It must not be doing wel lthough, because only 1 theatre of 6 is showing it in our area and only during the day.

I have not been on the Ellen ride in years. I think the one time we thought about it with Claire, it was closed. One of these days we will do it again. I think it's been at least 12-15 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter