Excuse me, you'll need to see security. What has Mickeystoontown done? Update 3/25x2

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by mickeystoontown, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Tiggerrn2

Tiggerrn2 DIS Veteran

Fun suprise!!! And great updates!

Hope you have a magical and happy birthday!!:bday:party:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday!!

I commented yesterday, and I don't see that it showed up.

Your meals and desserts look awesome at HOB. I haven't eaten there since Lisa's MAW trip when Rachel played there. I saw a menu change since then and was scared to go back. I think I could definately go back for what you got!

What an awesome surprise for everyone! I'd love to see that show some time. In all our years here we never have.

4. ronnmel

ronnmel DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday! December 28th seems to be the birthday of lots of great people : my sister-in-law, my friend's baby, and you!

5. Kathy Jetson

Kathy Jetson DIS Veteran

Oh no I missed your birthday party! Let me catch up on the partyin:banana::dance3::cake::bday:party:

I hope you had a great one!

6. Angies1274

Angies1274 DIS Veteran

All caught up!!:goodvibes

I hope you had a great birthday!!

As for the updates....loved them!!!:thumbsup2 Great picture on Dinosaur! Whew! So glad the rats and snakes weren't real!:scared1: It is cool to see how much detail there is at Animal Kingdom though....

Glad to hear you enjoyed the House of Blues! Adding it to our list of places to try! And Yay for the Cirque surprise! So happy you had a fantastic evening!

7. clynngibson

clynngibson Mouseketeer

I've been reading your TR for awhile now and am finally caught up!! Yay! It is excellent!!! Your family seems like so much fun!

8. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Hope your Birthday was great!!!

9. Bridora

Bridora DIS Veteran

Happy belated birthday and Merry Christmas!

That was a great picture of all of you in the booth. :thumbsup2

We've never been to House of Blues, but it sounds like a place we'd like. I guess we could technically check it out in May! Yep, we just booked our room this afternoon! It was just too much to not be going, lol! :rotfl:

I'm thrilled that your kiddos were so excited about Cirque! Doesn't it make you feel good when they're appreciative?

10. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Happy New Year to you and your family.

[​IMG]

11. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    [​IMG]

12. Tiggerrn2

Tiggerrn2 DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!!! Hope you have a wonderful ringing in of the New Year!!

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

14. mickeystoontown

Thank you all so much! We had a wet and rainy new year so we didn't do much of anything which was perfectly fine by me.

15. mickeystoontown

Did ya'll get snow last week? I always think about you when I watch the local weather in your area.

Oooh, you're going back in May? What are your dates?

It does make me feel good when my kids appreciate the things we do for them. Of course, it helps that I'm always reminding them of how spoiled they are. ;)

Thanks Jen! It was great!

Yay for being caught up. I write so slowly. :rolleyes1 We do like to have fun together especially when on vacation.

I did have a good birthday, thank you!

The Animal Kingdom has so many details and I know that we overlook a whole lot of them. This time, I was paying a bit more attention.

Thanks! My guys took me to see Cirque du Soleil at the movies! Wonderful!

Aww, a lot of folks celebrating on the 28th! I hope that you are enjoying your trip.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! We were very surprised at how good the food was at House of Blues but I don't know why we were since it was supposed to be good Southern food.

Thank you!

16. mickeystoontown

Thank you all! John and Hunter took me to see Cirque du Soleil in 3D and it was fantastic! I'd like to go back and see it again!

17. MissLiz

MissLiz DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa!

So, I guess I have a bunch of stuff to say:

Merry Christmas!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!

and

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I've missed all of the holidays. I have no excuse except....yeah, no excuse. Hope you had a great time on all of them.

House of Blues food looks fantastic! We may have to try that someday.

18. mickeystoontown

I can't believe that it showed up on the screen. I figured that the picture would have been eaten by a dinosaur or something.

Time always seems to get away from me when I know we have to be somewhere at a certain time.

Dinner was very good. So good, in fact, that we have an ADR there in May.

Cirque wasn't in the cards at the beginning of the trip but when I received the % off email, I couldn't pass it up.

They are both pretty picky eaters so it definitely is no surprise when they order the samet hing.

I bought that dress at Sam's Club of all places and it was less than $20.00! It packed so well.

If you ever get a chance to see Cirque again, I'd suggest that you go. Especially if you can get a discount on the tickets. Just make sure that you don't drink before you get there or you'll forget all about it. :rotfl:

Oh Po-Boys! I love 'em and, being in Louisiana, we can get there everywhere.

Heck ya, you and Vinny could travel with us. There's always some sort of surprise...can't guarantee another Cirque surprise though. :laughing:

The performance was extraordinary!

My mother could have never even looked at the snake flower pot. She's deathly afraid of snakes and even a picture of one makes her sick to her stomach.

I think that Maddie would love Cirque. Even if you didn't understand the storyline, the performers are magnificient.

There's a Cirque show coming to North Little Rock which is several hours away from our hometown but we are thinking about going for John's birthday. I need to see what it's called and ask if you've seen it.

Thanks for the Christmas wishes! Mama's wiring problem was fixed within 24 hours so we were certainly blessed!

The portions at House of Blues were big! So big that we could have shared.

We did go see the new 3D movie. It was amazing! I wanna go back and see it again.

Thank you! Woo hoo! I'm so happy to hear that you and the family are going to Disney next December! And Happy Retirement!

All of the desserts were so good but too big!

Thank you! We had a wonderful Christmas despite Mama's electrical problems.

Thanks! April will be here before you know it! Are you going to do a pre-trip report?

Once the girls are old enough to sit through an hour and a half show, put Cirque on your list of things to see. It's soooo good!

Glad to see you back! Definitely add House of Blues to your list of restaurants to try. We were impressed with the quality of food there.

Cirque is amazing and I'd love to be able to do it over and over again but it's pretty expensive.

19. mickeystoontown

Is that Clark W. Griswold, Jr?

Today was our second EPCOT day and Lacey and Jesse’s first. We were at the bus stop right around park opening time which is on par with our usual routine. No matter how hard we try, we just can’t seem to get ready in time for park opening. At least Caribbean Beach is close to EPCOT so the ride wouldn’t be long. (Timed it: 10 minutes). The bus was pretty empty when we got on and I felt comfortable taking pictures.

Jesse and his Paw-In-Law:
    [​IMG]

Jesse’s “Brother”, Hunter:

[​IMG]

Lacey and I:

[​IMG]

Lacey’s ridiculously ugly toe shoes which John called “her ape shoes”:

[​IMG]

Also on the bus with us was a family who reminded us of the Griswold Family. The father had on super short teal colored shorts that looked like something that Clark W. Griswold, Jr. would wear. Given that you can’t see their faces, I don’t mind posting a picture of the man’s shorts:

[​IMG]

Clark’s shorts:

[​IMG]

See the similarity? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not judging. Back in the day, both John and I wore our “short shorts” but that was back in the 80's. I am sure that we looked a little something like this: (found on Google Images and can you believe that it’s a Disney picture too?)

[​IMG]

Anyway, we had a little giggle over the teal Clark Griswold shorts as we walked towards the front of the park. Lacey and I went through bag check and met up with the guys on the other side. Soon, we were in the park and ready to get our ride on!

[​IMG]

Where would we head first?

[​IMG]

Well, I headed towards Soarin’ to get Fastpasses since I’m the fastest walker in the bunch. Fastpasses obtained, I headed back towards the front of the park where I met back up with my family and we headed to:

[​IMG]

Every time I see a bed of marigolds at EPCOT, I remember a day when we were at the Flower & Garden Festival admiring how beautiful the flower beds were and how bright the marigolds were. Along came a grumpy old lady in a scooter who took one look at the flowers and said, rather loudly, “those flowers STINK!”. We still, to this day, say that same thing every time we see the flowers at EPCOT. Funny thing to remember but we do.

We walked into the pre-show area just as it was ending so Jesse didn’t get to see the whole thing. We really like Ellen Degeneres and hated that we missed it but there was nothing we could do about it other than go out and come back in. That wasn’t happening so we stayed put. I know that the Universe of Energy isn’t a favorite amongst everybody but we enjoy it. We have a nice laugh at Ellen during the last segment of the show and she’s whooping “Stupid Judy’s” behind.

After the show was over, it was almost time to use our Fastpasses but not quite. We decided to make a stop at Club Cool and have a sip or two of the delicious and not-so-delicious Coke products.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can’t see it in the picture but this was Jesse getting his first sip of the Beverly. He said that it wasn’t as bad as he thought it was going to be but one taste was enough for him.

[​IMG]

Sippin’ done, it was time to use our Fastpasses for Soarin’:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oops, there’s a line forming:

[​IMG]

But, we were through the line in no time and I even had enough time to give the camera some jazz hands:

[​IMG]

So, how did Jesse like Soarin’? He loved it! Yay!

**Up next: Searching for my lost shaker of salt!

20. mickeystoontown

No reason to say sorry! It's the most busy, hustle bustle, freakin' exhausting...I mean wonderful time of the year!

Hope that you had a wonderful holiday as well!

21. oopsiDAISY

oopsiDAISY DIS Veteran

Your google image of the 80's outfit had me doing this... :rotfl2::lmao: !!! Because that girl could have been ME too! Seriously, I had the sandals with the criss cross in the center, the pleated khakies, the haircut...the only difference would have been her lack of creativity with the shirt, I mean REALLY? the 80's were the years for bright, splashy, and gaudy and she wore a plain white shirt...come on! SO UN-COOL!!! :sad2: :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: