Excursions & tipping

Liz

Make a miracle!
Are you supposed to tip anybody after your excursion or is the cost of the excursion all that's expected to be paid? Don't want to be rude and not tip if everyone else is.

Thanks!

On our 1st 2 cruises, we didn't.

Our 1st one was a very large group that was simply taken to the beach.

The 2nd was a catamaran sail. Again, there were quite a few people on this and nothing special was really done. I didn't notice anyone else tipping.

On the last one (St. Thomas Capt. Nautica), this was a small group, the guides were awesome and informative. They did mention that if we would like to tip it would be appreciated, but it was no big deal if we didn't. I was just glad we had brought some cash because they really deserved it.

Technically, an excursion booked thru DCL includes everything. On some, you will see a tip jar, and of course, can hand some cash to a driver or guide. However, it is not expected or forced in any way.

Excursions on your own, tip cab drivers, etc. as you would at home.

Yes, we tip drivers and guides on excursions. :sunny: Have been told that many of the workers for the excursion companies depend on tips.

I tipped the driver/guide for the Historic City Tour of Nassau. He was very nice and gave us what I thought was more than our 2 hours worth. I only tipped $5, but there were two other families in the van with us and they tipped too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter