Excursions or weather

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SleepyDeb, Nov 8, 2012.

1. SleepyDeb

SleepyDeb Mouseketeer

Hat happens with excursions if the weather is rainy or cold. Are the excursions cancelled?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SleepyDeb

SleepyDeb Mouseketeer

Sorry, I mean what happens.

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

It depends on how rainy or cold. If the weather is such that an activity is unsafe, it will be canceled and your account will be credited (if booked thru DCL). Cold is a lot more subjective.

We had an issue once where a morning excursion was "delayed" and was then put on the schedule for the afternoon. We asked if we could get out of it since we had other afternoon plans and our scheduled excursion had been effectively canceled. The CM in charge of the group had to call GS, but the answer was that yes, we could opt to not go and would not be charged.

We've also had activities flat out cancelled from the get go due to rough seas or bad weather. On Castaway Cay, rough seas can prevent the operators from getting to the island, resulting in cancellations.

5. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

Just colder weather than you were anticipating or island-type rain will not cancel it however! We did a lovely hike in St Johns in rain! It stopped, fortunately, but I do NOT like being wet in my clothes!! I didn't complain and made the best of it though!

6. wendyoconnor

wendyoconnor DIS Veteran

We had a snorkelling excursion cancelled in Cozumel because it was too windy for the small boats. DCL refunded our money.