excursion time vs port arrival time

stacaka4321

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving in Tortola at 8am but our excursion time is 7:15am. Is this type of scheduling typical? Or do you think they may change the time? Thanks!

Stacy

We will be arriving in Tortola at 8am but our excursion time is 7:15am. Is this type of scheduling typical? Or do you think they may change the time? Thanks!

Stacy
Your "meet" time onboard is 7:15. You will be in the first group of people debarking once the ship is open for debarking.

Your "meet" time onboard is 7:15. You will be in the first group of people debarking once the ship is open for debarking.
That is kind of what I thought that meant but then I thought 45 minutes seems kind of early! But it will be neat to be one of the first off the ship I suppose :) Thank you!

It is possible that they are going to have the gangways open much earlier than 8 AM however.

We were on the Wonder on the South Caribbean itinerary a couple of weeks ago and even though the "official" arrival time at each port was listed as 8 AM they had the gangway open before 8 AM at every single port. There was a couple ports in which the gangway was open by 7 AM!!

So I would guess that they plan to have the gangway open before 8 AM and that your excursion will be given priority off the ship so make sure you are on time.

That is kind of what I thought that meant but then I thought 45 minutes seems kind of early!

Assembly for the port adventure can take some time - you meet in a common space such as the movie theater or night club, check people in, get people into the right groups, pick up towels, etc. So 45 minutes ahead of when you group is supposed to disembark seems pretty common.

If you do an excursion booked through Disney, do they organize transportation to and from the excursion?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter