Exactly what to order at Flying Fish?

Mama Twinkles

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Here's a question for all you fabulous foodies: What would you recommend ordering (appetizer, main dish and/or dessert) for a most delectable adult dinner at Flying Fish? Many thanks for your always helpful input.

Wow great question and I can't wait for the answers since DH and I will be dining there for the first time:D

Yes, fish is their specialty, but honestly, FF has the best steak dinner at WDW (IMO of course ;) ).

The Char Crusted New York Strip Steak is charred black, on the outside, and perfect inside, served with a bearnaise sause.

Give it a try!

I had a great scallop entree when we were there. It was amazing.

The gentleman sitting next to me (DH and I were at the counter) had one of their specialties -- I think it was wrapped snapper. He said it was excellent.

Oooh. Lots of great suggestions already. I can't wait. Thanks for all the replies so far.

we ate here in july 7 of us we all had something diffrent even the children and not a bad meal had by anyone

My husband usually gets the steak and he loves it. I usually order whatever fish they have that is oak-grilled and served with risotto - it changes frequently. In May, however the hostess and then our waiter raved about the special which was a whole crispy yellow-tail snapper and it was out of this world, the best fish I've ever had. Anyhow, the moral of my story is to ask your waiter what they recommend, there may be a special.

Oh, and don't forget to save room for the banana napolean for dessert - delicious!

the potato wrapped red snapper is out of this world. Not just the best snapper I have tasted but simply the best fish i have ever eaten.

The mussels as an appetizer are also truly delicious.

We just returned from a 2 week Disney vacation where we tried all the restaurants we had always been meaning to go to. The Flying Fish was definitely our favorite.

All your input is really great because I swear I would never ordinarily have thought to order any of the dishes anyone has mentioned here (except maybe the scallops), but now they all sound like must-tries. Do tell us more about the Bananas Napoleon, KCritter! Any other desserts to die for there? Thanks again, everyone.

Originally posted by Mama Twinkles
Do tell us more about the Bananas Napoleon, KCritter! Any other desserts to die for there?

Oooh, it's layers of pastry and creme brulee and bananas all topped with a warm caramel sauce. Sooo yummy. I can't tell you about any other desserts, because this is the only one I ever order.

I have to echo everything faithinkarma said! I love the mussels, and the potato crusted snapper is out of this world.

I'm also a big fan of their frisee salad with beets and goat cheese, and of course, the banana napoleon. Do they even have other desserts? I've never gotten past that one on the menu!

Okay, you have convinced even this die-hard chocoholic to order the Bananas Napoleon. Now please excuse me while I go eat a chocolate-covered cherry (at 8:46 a.m.). :wave2:

What a great bunch of replies thanks everyone. Now the only problem is waiting to try them :tongue:

A cab to the California Grill? :teeth:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :) (I know basically everyone but me loves the FF, but I'm just not a fan.)

:hyper: The Flying Fish .... MMMMmmmmmm..... on my last trip, July 2002... with 2 newbies.... This was easily our favorite restaurant... now.. normally I would not eat here.. and never did in all of my trips down as I am SEVERELY Allergic to seafood... however. .my 2 friends are HUGE seafood lovers.. soooooo to make a special night for them I figured we would try it... WOW.. I now realize what I was missing... I had the steak... Best steak anywhere.. .and I am from New York... home of Peter Luger's....I can still taste it... my friends both had Salmon the first time we ate there (yes the first.. we went again in our 5 night stay!!!) and I believe the red snapper thing the 2nd time... I once again had the steak.... The atmosphere is great.. and another plus.. they serve Berringer White ZInfandel... my fave ..... Dinner is a bit pricey.... (but what isn't in DW???) but well worth it!.... I will definitely make this restaurant a regular stop on ALL of my future trips. Enjoy a glass of wine for me.... :wave2:

The potato-wrapped red snapper is great, the steak is great,

The scallops taste good, but not much else there if you are hungry, just 5 scallops and some odd tasting sauce.

Carol

the tuna tartar apetizer is perfection itself. The banana napolean is to die for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter