Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes

Then the CM didnt put the code in properly.

If a pincode is sent to person A at address A then anyone listed under person A's address can use it without person A being on the res

I am confused and hope this doesn't sound too stupid...

But how do you get these codes? I have been to WDW twice and have a Disney Visa and have never received anything.

Is there something I can do to get these deals?

I have recieved them by registering on the Disney site and updating when I am interested in visiting. some times up to 5 times a year. Hope this helps.:cutie:

I receive emails from Disney frequently. Are the emails with the codes obvious and different from the typical "info" emails?

Hi- I ave never been to Disney, but have a planned trip to the World dec 13-21 through a TA since last January. I got a random free dining pin code in October (I feel) because I signed up on the website saying when I wanted to visit (mid-late december) and they seem to want people around my time period. I now have free dining during my visit. I think they where trying to "sweeten" the deal after I showed intertest, but had no "seeming" ressie. Does that make sense? I think more deals will be offered in this ecomony. Sign up on the D website, but work through a TA or other service.
Happy travels=R/

Bumping this up.

wanted to ask your opinion on difference between music and POR?
want to know room sizes .... read lots that value is small .....we have 8 people and need 2 rooms....worried that value "is smaller: than POR
please help or direct me to web site to answer ?
thanx

I just returned from a stay at Disney (CR) earlier this month. We are now looking at another trip in April/May.

I see the suggestions about calling a CM and asking if a code is associated with my name. Can I ask that before I have a reservation, or do I need to make a reservation for my next trip first, then ask about a code? Which gets to my other question, say I book now and then get a discount offer. Can I call and have the discount applied to my already booked vacation?

I've tried searching and I'm just not finding an answer...

I am ready to book for early Dec 09 (thinking 12/5 - 12/12) at the Grand Floridian and was going to pay in full but then I found this board....and I have some questions :).

1. Can codes be used at a place like the Grand Floridian?
2. If I pay in full, can I still use a code when/if I get one and be refunded the difference? If not - do the rest of you just put down the deposit and pay as time goes by and apply discounts as you can?
3. I see current codes for this December are more towards the middle of the month - does that seem to be a trend that others have noticed or is it truly hit-or-miss on when they decide to offer codes?
4. I did apply for the Disney rewards card and am hoping to get some shortly (crossing my fingers...) - do they offer better discounts than Disney or does it all just depend on what's being offered at the time?

TIA and I'll keep searching for my answers! I'm sure they're out there somewhere!!!!!

Check your dates to make sure you are not hitting Pop Warner(crowds), if you can be flexible that would be great to go earlier or later.
I planned out trip 1 year in advance, when the codes came out I was able to "tweak" my trip. We leave Dec. 13 (this year).
Hope that helps...but re-check dates to see what is going on.
R/

Thanks for that! We were there for POP Warner in '01 and it wasn't that bad but your post (and pm - thank you!) made me do some research and it seems to have gotten rowdier over the years! I do think we're going to go a week later...again - thank you!

Check your dates to make sure you are not hitting Pop Warner(crowds), if you can be flexible that would be great to go earlier or later.
I planned out trip 1 year in advance, when the codes came out I was able to "tweak" my trip. We leave Dec. 13 (this year).
Hope that helps...but re-check dates to see what is going on.
R/

What is POP Warner?

What is POP Warner?

Hi Vicki-
Did that help? Some other thread :confused3 has info on most of the fall visits. This year, in December, is Mousefest, popwarner and a few others. Not supposed to be a huge addition to the crowds and I think the pop warner issue is about hotels at night . There are many threads on this under resorts;)
I chose dec 13 due to many of these issues.
PM me if you would like to chat. I am going down with my three kids, and they don't know yet:goodvibes
I do believe I got lucky in choosing my dates for many reasons. Then they started throwing :cool1: discounts at me. Free dining private PIN, low crowds, reduced rates....
Have you checked Touring plans? They give you crowd levels (expected) at the parks and are very well regarded. Like everything else, you can search them in this forum.
good luck
Rebecca

A week of cheerleaders, thankfully we are going in February. My DD would love seeing all of the cheerleaders, but I think all of those teenage girls would push me over the edge. haha

POP Warner is a week when cheerleaders compete at Disney, so you'll see cheerleaders everywhere.

Hi Vicki-
Did that help? Some other thread :confused3 has info on most of the fall visits. This year, in December, is Mousefest, popwarner and a few others. Not supposed to be a huge addition to the crowds and I think the pop warner issue is about hotels at night . There are many threads on this under resorts;)
I chose dec 13 due to many of these issues.
PM me if you would like to chat. I am going down with my three kids, and they don't know yet:goodvibes
I do believe I got lucky in choosing my dates for many reasons. Then they started throwing :cool1: discounts at me. Free dining private PIN, low crowds, reduced rates....
Have you checked Touring plans? They give you crowd levels (expected) at the parks and are very well regarded. Like everything else, you can search them in this forum.
good luck
Rebecca

Yes it did. Thanks! Have fun on your trip:woohoo:

I have booked the QXD code from way back at POR Nov 30-Dec 6. If I want to upgrade to WL or CR can I still get that code if it is still available or would I have to pay rack rate?:confused3 When I called CRO and talked with a CM they seemed clueless to that question?:scared1: It would be so nice to get a nice CM that I could understand and answer this question!pirate:

Maybe I missed this, but if I book online, where do I enter the offer or discount code. I dont see anywhere on Disney's site to enter this?

If you have a pin code, you'll need to call the number on the email or post card and give them the pin number. :thumbsup2

Those are usually on the disneyworld.com site under Special Offers - if not, just call. :)

Although the nearby states special that was offered this yr could not be booked on line.

Anyone else receive a promotion from Disney for the kids play,stay and eat for free. We just booked 05/02/09 to 05/09/09 for 2 adults, 4 kids (2,5,7,9). 7 day park hopper, with the dining plan at the port orleans riverside for $2652.
I think this is an amazing deal.. Any one else think so:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter