Everything You Need To Know About Discount Codes

I think at some point I saw a link to the old Disney site somewhere, where you could book with your pin code? I will be contacting my TA about booking but just kind of wanted to play with some options in the meantime. Is it still possible to do this online?

We were lucky enough to receive pin codes for the dates we are expediting to go this year that give discounted room rates. There was also one for free dining, but the dates didn't cover our trip. So, if we book with the room discount, is there still a chance that we could get future discount possibly for free dining or will our chances of a future code be slim if we have a reservation? From reading past posts it sounds fairly random on who and when pins are sent out. Has anyone ever received a new pin code with an existing reservation?

We were lucky enough to receive pin codes for the dates we are expediting to go this year that give discounted room rates. There was also one for free dining, but the dates didn't cover our trip. So, if we book with the room discount, is there still a chance that we could get future discount possibly for free dining or will our chances of a future code be slim if we have a reservation? From reading past posts it sounds fairly random on who and when pins are sent out. Has anyone ever received a new pin code with an existing reservation?

I always get PIN codes even after I've booked. Book with what you have now, and switch to something else if a better deal comes along. Good luck! :goodvibes

In the past a code would apply to your entire stay. Have they changed that?Thanks

It depends on the type of offer. For free dining, as long as you check in on a covered date, you can get it for up to 14 nights. Room discounts will only be applied to the dates covered by the deal, with the rest being rack rate.

It depends on the type of offer. For free dining, as long as you check in on a covered date, you can get it for up to 14 nights. Room discounts will only be applied to the dates covered by the deal, with the rest being rack rate.

Thanks for your reply and assistance. :):woohoo:

I got something in the mail today from Disney Destinations, and I think I finally got a PIN code.... but I'm not sure! How silly is that?

The mailing looks like a gameboard and it says "Game On, **** Family". Then in the middle it says "Experience the Magic in May when you purchase a 6 night/7 day Walt Disney World Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations and Theme Park tickets!"

Then it gives an example of a discount on a value resort and it has a CST#. Is that the PIN?

We already booked a trip for May in a Moderate and we can only go for 4 nights. Could I get a discount on the 4 nights I already have booked, or would this PIN offer only be good on the 6 night/7 day package as the letter says?

I got something in the mail today from Disney Destinations, and I think I finally got a PIN code.... but I'm not sure! How silly is that?

The mailing looks like a gameboard and it says "Game On, **** Family". Then in the middle it says "Experience the Magic in May when you purchase a 6 night/7 day Walt Disney World Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations and Theme Park tickets!"

Then it gives an example of a discount on a value resort and it has a CST#. Is that the PIN?

We already booked a trip for May in a Moderate and we can only go for 4 nights. Could I get a discount on the 4 nights I already have booked, or would this PIN offer only be good on the 6 night/7 day package as the letter says?

If it has a 3 digit code, that is just a promotional flyer. If it has a 15 digit code, that is a discount PIN. Length of stays in the example do not reflect the minimum stay requirements. 4 nights should be fine.

If it has a 3 digit code, that is just a promotional flyer. If it has a 15 digit code, that is a discount PIN. Length of stays in the example do not reflect the minimum stay requirements. 4 nights should be fine.
It has the long digit code. I guess I will call and see if I can save anything in addition to the % I already saved with the current promotion. Is it usually better than the current promo? It doesn't give a clear cut percentage.

It has the long digit code. I guess I will call and see if I can save anything in addition to the % I already saved with the current promotion. Is it usually better than the current promo? It doesn't give a clear cut percentage.

Let us know what they tell you. I'm anxious to see if the pin is better than the general public offer and what dates it covers.

Let us know what they tell you. I'm anxious to see if the pin is better than the general public offer and what dates it covers.

I am confused though because the mailing does say "mention package code ULD" which is the generic offer, but then it says "Walt Disney Travel Company CST# *******-**"

Maybe that is just a code for something else and not a PIN?

ETA: Duh. I think that is just the company ID code or something. No PIN for me. :(

Found some older info here, but sounds similar: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2829825

I am confused though because the mailing does say "mention package code ULD" which is the generic offer, but then it says "Walt Disney Travel Company CST# *******-**"

ETA: Duh. I think that is just the company ID code or something. No PIN for me. :(

Found some older info here, but sounds similar: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2829825

Sorry it wasn't a PIN, but at least you are being targeted. That is still a good thing. :thumbsup2

Like smitch said, at least you know that you are in their marketing system. We received a pin for our household but it only went through May 31st and we are staying until June 7th. So, the new promotion, while being a less % off, it covered all of our dates and we saved more money than we would with the pin.

Hi I recieved a pin code via email and I accidently deleted it! How can I go about trying to recover my pin? Can I find it via the Disney web site? Or will I have to call?

Hi I recieved a pin code via email and I accidently deleted it! How can I go about trying to recover my pin? Can I find it via the Disney web site? Or will I have to call?

You have to call. They will have it attached to your name/address.

smitch425

Thanks so much. Ok so will I have to book through Disney once they find the pin?

If I have to book via phone can I make changes to my reservation online or do I have call to make changes?

smitch425

Thanks so much. Ok so will I have to book through Disney once they find the pin?

If I have to book via phone can I make changes to my reservation online or do I have call to make changes?

You will have to book by phone, but you would have to call to make any changes to the reservation even if you you booked online.

I had my 6 day vacation for my family of 4 booked for pop at the end of May since early December. Can I call my travel agent who I booked through to add the current 20% room discount and 1 free day ticket to my current package?
also, if I can get the free day ticket do i need to add a day on my current trip or will they just credit me the ticket price for 1 of my scheduled days?
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter