>> Everything We Know About FREE DINING 2012 <<

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by CanadianGuy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Silenceisgolden96

Silenceisgolden96 Earning My Ears

I would like to know the answer to the question posted a few above about whether dining goes for the duration of the stay as long as it is booked in one of the dates listed or if it is only for dates listed. So for example, (and this is purely hypothetical because I know there are no free dining dates out for this time yet) I arrive November 1 and free dining ends November 1. I am checking in during the free dining opportunity, but staying through November 8, do I get free dining only November 1 or do I get dining for the entire stay?

I am looking to go this fall, but I have noticed a trend that there is no free dining around the dates of November 1- November 9. Is there a reason that those dates are excluded?

Thanks for your help!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

With free dining, as long as your check in date is included in the promotion then you will get free dining for up to 14 nights. Of course, no public free dining offers have been announced for 2013 yet, so only time will tell if that continues to be how it works. Jersey Week happens in early November, so that is likely the reason behind the lack of discounts for that time.

4. Silenceisgolden96

So could you pay for an extra day to get the free dining and without actually being present check in online and arrive the next day? I don't know if that would be worth it, but it might since free dining for a family of 5 will save about $2,000!

5. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, no. You must physically check in on the covered date.

6. Silenceisgolden96

Thank you for your help!!

7. Huff

Huff DIS Veteran

You have to physically check in on 1st day. We've thought about having one of us fly in a day early when the others can't travel that day. We'd then have the FD for the trip and have extra credits to use towards a signature dining or dinner show later in the week.

8. chipshotj

chipshotj Disney Dad Vacation Planner

Last year I had booked Friday - Saturday. I would have been getting in late, but was held up in terrible traffic in Atlanta, and did not make it until Saturday morning very early. They let me check in at that time for my Friday reservation since I had paid, etc. I thought about doing this planned now, for 2 reasons. To get the discount associated with travel on that day, and also it is worth it to me to pay a nights rate to be able to check in before 3:00. Wouldn't that also work for your situation?

9. disneypingirl

disneypingirl disneypingirl

When do they usually announce the dates for fall free dining. We are going with 10 people and REALLY need free dining to afford the trip. Hope for Novemeber, but will go in October if needed.
    :love:

10. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Mid-July/early August :thumbsup2

11. DisAgt

DisAgt Earning My Ears

In 2012, Disney World had to different free dine offers.

1) First one you had to book between 3/5/12-5/18/12, for stays between 8/25-9/27/12

2) The second one you had to book between 7/12-9/29/12 for travel on select dates between 9/30-12/13/12.

Hope that helps and good luck this year! :cool1:

12. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

:welcome: to Disboards!

13. mommy2lucas

mommy2lucas Earning My Ears

I have a question. If I have already booked for 9/6 to 9/14 & a free dining discount does release can I take advantage of it? I am also a disney visa card holder. Also how does it work if we have ddp and it is for qsdp? Do they just have you pay the difference?

14. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

As long as they have availability under the promotion for the room type you have booked, then you can call to have the discount applied. If they offer QSDP, you would just pay the difference between the two plans. If you have placed at least $200 toward your package with your Disney Visa, then you can call the day the deal is released for Visa holders without making an additional payment that day. If you paid with some other form of payment, then you can call that day and put $200 toward your balance with the Disney Visa to take advantage of the offer. If your room type/resort has no availability under the promotion, you can switch to one that is available or choose not to use the discount. Good luck! :goodvibes

15. pennyring

pennyring Thrift Ninja

Does anyone know if the Carribbean Beach pirate rooms are included in the free dining room blocks? Thanks!

16. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Usually, yes, but not very many. They sell out pretty quickly.

17. CindyNewYork

CindyNewYork Earning My Ears

If you are booked with a room discount using a bounce-back offer, and free dining comes out for that timeframe, do you have to give up the BB discount in order to get the free dining?

18. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Yes. FD requires a full price room and ticket package. Disney does not allow the stacking of discounts. You always need to do the math to see which is the better deal. :goodvibes

19. CindyNewYork

CindyNewYork Earning My Ears

Okay, thank you very much! :)