>> Everything We Know About FREE DINING 2012 <<

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by CanadianGuy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and Moderator

Ouch. Clearly they have carved out those dates because they feel those dates are busy enough with out a promotional offer.

Unless there are a rash of cancellations on those dates, I really wouldn't count on them becoming included.

:-(

Sent from DISBOARDS Mobile App

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. paudams4542

paudams4542 Earning My Ears

Almost all of the information is placed in the article. It is a god feature.

4. crazy4tig

crazy4tig Mouseketeer

would someone be able to give me the January 2012 dates from last years free dining promo? please:worship:

5. chiefs614

chiefs614 Badmamajama

6. kddisney502

kddisney502 <font color=blue>P: What's the problem with Goofy?

Free dinning has been extended to Dec. 20. Now those arriving Dec. 14 - Dec. 20 can take advantage of FD. :) You can book online or by phone. All other dates are the same.

7. jagfanjosh3252

jagfanjosh3252 #1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

I have never done free dining before, so I have a question.

I'm an AP holder, so I know FD is usually not the way to go. Question is: If I am staying 6 nights, can I just buy a minimum ticket (2 day base) and still get FD for the remaining days?

8. smidgy

smidgy dimples

yes, that's what we are doing. if you don't use the tickets you have to buy with the package at all, they don't expire (the 14 day limit doesn't start until first use) so you can use them when your passes expire. use the tickets for the First day,(of your future trip) then bridge the 2 day ticket to whatever you need for that future trip

9. mizliz

mizliz Mouseketeer

we already have a flight booked to arrive on Nov. 30, so I'm missing FD by one day. Has anyone here ever had any luck paying for the extra day, without actually being present? could I book for the 29th, checkin online, but arrive on the morning of the 30th and still get the FD?

10. ctl

ctl Mouseketeer

When checking in with the FD package, do they combine the ticket as part of your resort card, or can you ask for the actual separate tickets (2day base ticket). I already have tickets that I bought before the price increase so if I book to get FD for next year, I don't want to have to use the 2 days at that time, but save them for later. Does anyone know how to get the tickets separated from the resort card key if you don't plan to use them at that time?
    Thanks.:laundy:

11. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

....I may be wrong here, but I was under the impression that Free Dining was until Dec 20, not the 13th....

12. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

....the free dining is for length-of-stay, not for number of days on park passes....unless that has changed recently....:confused3

13. Slivedjn

Slivedjn Earning My Ears

Hi I am a Disney Visa cardholder and am checking into Saratoga Springs November 5 as a DVC member. Reservations are already made. Can I still add FD? or did I miss the boat on this one? Thanks in advance

14. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

The offer has already expired, but people staying on DVC points are not eligible for free dining anyway. Free dining requires (among other things) paying full rack rate for your hotel, and DVC does not qualify as you are staying for far less than rack rate. You can, however, purchase the dining plan, but it must be added to the stay and paid in full prior to arrival.

15. MMS1125

MMS1125 "You can design and create, and build the most won

You can't stay on dvc points and get FD. You can add dining plan to your stay though and pay for it

to the previous poster you get dining by nights staying not by ticket days purchased

16. 3PRINCESSMOM

3PRINCESSMOM Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a P

When I booked the December trip in July I was certain oldest DD would NOT be able to join us because of final exams. Well she just found out most of her professors will administer exams during last week of classes so she can come. Can I add her to our current reservation that includes FD? The twist is that adding her means adding an additional room, as we are already a family of 5 in one POR room.

HELP!!!

17. nebo

nebo <font color=red>sharkbait<br><font color=teal>Uh o

ooh, that's a tough one.. I would start by calling and right away asking to speak to a manager. sometimes a man. can ok something the regular phone CM can't. we have had a couple times where we needed an ok for something.

if not, maybe you could book the 2nd room with the 30% off code , and just pay out of pocket or purchase the dining plan for her. then you could spread out a little!

18. 3PRINCESSMOM

3PRINCESSMOM Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a P

We can certainly do just fine without the FD, and just do another room with AP discount, if available (DD has AP because she travelled with friends this summer). Adding via FD offer would just make it simpler. I will report back after calling tonight. Thanks for weighing in.

19. BigKid45

BigKid45 Mouseketeer

Please help settle a dispute....DW says the rules for FD have changed in that you only get FD for the days included in the offer, not for your full trip. She was told that it changed this year by a coworker. I hadn't read that and I'm on the DIS almost daily! I was under the impression that as long as your check in date is within the FD offer you get FD for the duration of your package. Am I correct or did something change?

20. Lifted07Duramax

Lifted07Duramax Earning My Ears

Can DVC members get any kind of discounts if using our points?
    It'd sure be nice to get like 10% off on points or free dining, anything would be great.

21. MissieTodd

MissieTodd Earning My Ears

any info on free dining in 2013?