Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Typically, no.

One of you waits in the stairwell by the exit and then swap off when the first person finishes.

We did this once and the Cast Member walked me through a back hallway.

Pretty much anyone can experience the pre-ride areas. For us, it was only as we approached the loading area that we separated.
Wow! Thanks. I didn’t know that and kept our 3 year old outside.

Edit: we’ve done this for Test Track but that was because it was park closing.

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks. I didn’t know that and kept our 3 year old outside.
We had someone who was tall enough to ride but did not want to.

I’m not sure they’ll let someone under the minimum height restriction into the queue area.

Does it seem like the BG lines are shorter in the morning, or does it not really matter? Mostly just curious since people can show up any time after their boarding group is called.

Does it seem like the BG lines are shorter in the morning, or does it not really matter? Mostly just curious since people can show up any time after their boarding group is called.
Each time we rode it said it was a 30 minute wait, but it didn’t feel that long.

It’s 1:01 pm and it looks like BGs will sell out. Wait time is saying 475 (almost 8 hours).

So if you’re going during Christmas/New Years don’t expect the 1 pm to last for hours.

Last edited:
It’s 1:01 pm and it looks like BGs will sell out. Wait time is saying 475 (almost 8 hours).

So if you’re going during Christmas/New Years don’t expect the 1 pm to last for hours.

Common sense says busier days are going to fill BG sooner. But you can always check.

As for wait time, it’s rarely accurate. Each time I was called at least an hour before. However, if the ride is down during the day, the time could be more accurate.

Today was not a sold out day at Epcot (Mk and Hs are completely booked) and I don’t think BGs lasted past 2 pm (checked a few seconds after).

Important info to know for those that are banking on park hopping and getting a VQ.

For the most part (assuming the ride doesn't go down or have issues), the wait times are shorter earlier in the day. We just got back from a trip and rode it 4x. The two times we rode in the morning (10-10:30) we only waited about 10-15 min before the first pre show. The two times we rode in the evening (8:30-9:00), we waited 45-60 min.

For the most part (assuming the ride doesn't go down or have issues), the wait times are shorter earlier in the day. We just got back from a trip and rode it 4x. The two times we rode in the morning (10-10:30) we only waited about 10-15 min before the first pre show. The two times we rode in the evening (8:30-9:00), we waited 45-60 min.
Good to know! We're not early birds so we'll likely just have to deal with a bit of a wait. We're going late January so the hope is that crowds in general may be a little lower (but it's WDW so who knows).

We were there on Saturday and had BG 47, we were called around 10.30 and probably got into line close to 11. It was a fairly long wait at that point, at least 30 minutes.

We had also bought an ILL for late afternoon, and that line was a complete walk on.

Hi everyone-

I am sure this has been discussed, but I apologize that I cannot locate the answer. I am a new FL resident and a new AP holder (Pixie pass). I have a reservation at Epcot for Monday. I won't be arriving until after work around 6 pm. What are my options (if any?!) for riding Guardians of the Galaxy? I rode it this past summer as a tourist while staying on-site and loved it so much. I'm not sure of my options as an AP holder.

Thank you all

Hi everyone-

I am sure this has been discussed, but I apologize that I cannot locate the answer. I am a new FL resident and a new AP holder (Pixie pass). I have a reservation at Epcot for Monday. I won't be arriving until after work around 6 pm. What are my options (if any?!) for riding Guardians of the Galaxy? I rode it this past summer as a tourist while staying on-site and loved it so much. I'm not sure of my options as an AP holder.

Thank you all
How the VQ works is the same for all.

At 7AM, anyone with a park reservation can try to get a VQ BG.

If unsuccessful, guests can try again at 1PM (and as long as VQ’s last) but the difference is, to try at 1PM or later, a guest must have tapped into the park, regardless if they have an Epcot reservation or not.

In your situation you’re best to try at 7AM. If unsuccessful you may wish to purchase an ILL$ (at 7AM if you have a resort reservation or, at park opening without one.) You May still get a VQ at 6PM but chances are unlikely given it’s a busy time of year.

Post 1 of this thread has additional details too.

I apologize in advance because Im sure this has been asked but I couldnt find it with a search. Do you have to be onsite to try for the 7am BG as long as you have a park reservation that day and an annual pass? We live about 1.5 hours away and will be leaving for Epcot Monday morning. I am hoping we can try for the 7 am boarding group!

I apologize in advance because Im sure this has been asked but I couldnt find it with a search. Do you have to be onsite to try for the 7am BG as long as you have a park reservation that day and an annual pass? We live about 1.5 hours away and will be leaving for Epcot Monday morning. I am hoping we can try for the 7 am boarding group!
No. Anyone with a park reservation can try from anywhere.

So , Looking at thrill data, assuming you get a boarding group, you still have to wait in line upwards of an hour?

So , Looking at thrill data, assuming you get a boarding group, you still have to wait in line upwards of an hour?

It changes all day long. Many report waiting only 30 mins but, there's no real pattern as to when this happens.

A BG allows a guest to return at any time after their BG is called so if a number of people choose to return at the same time the wait gets longer and the opposite can happen too.

We were just down there, first time riding Guardians. We failed to get VQ at 7:00 and because we were hopping, couldn't do the 1:00pm VQ, so I bought ILL$. Again, my first time riding it or having any experience with VQ, it felt like VQ = standby and ILL$ = fastpass. Even with paying it felt like we had a bit of a wait, 15-20 minutes, and the VQ looked like it could be pushing an hour. Crowd levels and time of day I'm sure factor in.

We were just down there, first time riding Guardians. We failed to get VQ at 7:00 and because we were hopping, couldn't do the 1:00pm VQ, so I bought ILL$. Again, my first time riding it or having any experience with VQ, it felt like VQ = standby and ILL$ = fastpass. Even with paying it felt like we had a bit of a wait, 15-20 minutes, and the VQ looked like it could be pushing an hour. Crowd levels and time of day I'm sure factor in.
Yes, essentially the VQ is a 'controlled' standby line to wait for the attraction, and $ILL is a paid FP/LL. We decided to pay ILL last week, mostly because we had a full day and needed a particular time frame mid-afternoon - we waited about 10 minutes max to begin the attraction. The VQ line was very long at the time - but since we've not gone through the regular queue yet, tough to guesstimate how long a wait that was.

We've ridden close to 20 between various VQ and ILL, mostly VQ. I probably should sit down and count but that's a lot of effort, LOL
Never have we waited more than 45 min.
95% of the time it's less than 30 min
Including July 4th and NYE, two of the busiest days at Epcot.
ILL is quicker, but VQ is still not be more than 30 min except a couple of times where there had been technically issues where it pushed closer to 45 min.
Not to say it's impossible to wait an hour, but I'm going to say it's an exception not the norm

Yes, essentially the VQ is a 'controlled' standby line to wait for the attraction, and $ILL is a paid FP/LL. We decided to pay ILL last week, mostly because we had a full day and needed a particular time frame mid-afternoon - we waited about 10 minutes max to begin the attraction. The VQ line was very long at the time - but since we've not gone through the regular queue yet, tough to guesstimate how long a wait that was.
We rode on Sunday VQ where the line started at the entrance to the attraction. Were on the ride vehicle in 30 min.
That was the longest VQ line I've been in to date. No other has ever started that far back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter