Everything Old Is New Again! - A Dec 2010 Trip Report : THE FINAL ENTRY page 45

We had some time to kill before Chef Mickey was expecting us, so we drove over to the Contemporary for a Monorail ride around the resorts loop.

Riding the monorail just for the heck of it? I know a family that would do something similar.

IMG_3006.JPG

:thumbsup2

It sure was an interesting ride. As much as we enjoy the "highway in the sky" and always make it a point to ride it each trip (even if we took a bus to MK and don't need to), watching first timers ride it was a treat. Stopping at the Poly and Grand Floridian have become common place for us, but Kaylene - and Kayden especially - peering out the windows and doors to catch a glimpse of the lobbies, the decorations, the landscaping, etc really gives you a new perspective on how special the Disney World Resort is.

Very well put.

After a few stops to "wait for traffic to clear"

:headache:

I also took the opportunity to snap a few picture of Bambi's handy work with the Mickey themed beads that she but in Madison's hair before the trip. (I would like to point out that I helped. I picked the different colored beads out of the container and handed them to her.)

Nice work on the beads Barry! :thumbsup2 I suppose Bambi did ok, too.

Why can't it be showing classic Disney cartoons like just about every other TV on property? The kids have four or five DVDs of the classics that they can watch over and over and get just as manly laughs on the 100th viewing as one the 1st.

::yes::

Or the football games would have been good, too.

We were seated around the buffet to the right, directly underneath the Monorail tracks. Every few minutes, there would be a "whrrrr" and the area would shake just a bit.

The kids kept pulling your finger, didn't they?

Time to wave your napkins and dance! (Side note: I'm sure the cleaning crew just loves whatever guy in the entertainment division came up with little move. Let's have the kids twirl their used napkins in the air, throwing little bits of discarded food all over the carpet!)

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

You'll have to excuse Evan's mouth. He was in the middle of his Oreo Mickey dessert when the head cheese came by. Evan' list of what is important:
  1. Food
  2. Everything Else

No further explanation is required. My list looks very similar, actually.

I've heard lots of people complaining about the food at Chef Mickey's. Maybe there's another "Chef Mickey's" on property that everyone else goes to, because I've never had a bad meal here. Everything that I tried - and that would be just about everything - was delicious. And if there is something that you don't care for, it's a buffet! Push it to the side of your plate and go get something else.

:thumbsup2

Again, well said. I may have shared similar sentiments in my TR... yup, sure did. I couldn't fault anything on the menu there.

HOLY PEANUT BUTTER YOU GUYS ARE EXPENSIVE TO FEED!

:lmao::lmao:

Thanks Evan! Now, about chipping in for actually paying for the dining plan...

Let me know how that works out for you... :sad2:

Barry, I'll say one thing about you -- you sure are a heck of a lot faster at posting updates than Tim, Marv, Glen, Dan, Mark, etc. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I agree Kathy, well at least about the Tim part. I haven't made it to the others TR's yet to see how they are progressing.

No, not at all. It's a lot like being "mostly dead" in the Princess Bride. Barry's only Mostly Bad, which means he's Slightly Good. :thumbsup2

:rotfl: :thumbsup2 Any comparison to the Princess Bride gets a thumbs up in my book. I love that movie. :)

How cute that Evan wanted to pay for dinner.

We said "sure", and he made sure to remind us about it every 30 minutes or so for the rest of the day.
Sounds like he was a little too excited to buy dinner... I'm sure he'll soon learn to temper that excitement once money actually leaves his pocket.

Waiting at the Magic Kingdom stop. And probably wondering why we aren't getting off.
Well, if you got me that close to the Magic Kingdom and didn't let me go in, I can guarantee I wouldn't be paying for dinner. :mad:

Evan had forgotten his wallet in the car
Hmmmm... so maybe he doesn't want to buy dinner.

After the picture, we got our pager and headed over to the holding pen - sorry, waiting area, to relax and take a load off.
No, I believe you had it right the first time.;)

(I would like to point out that I helped. I picked the different colored beads out of the container and handed them to her.)
That color scheme looks vaguely familiar... now where have I seen that before???

They had a TV on in the waiting area, but Hanna Montana was not keeping us entertained.
You had the best of both worlds and still couldn't keep entertained??? Wow.

Time to wave your napkins and dance! (Side note: I'm sure the cleaning crew just loves whatever guy in the entertainment division came up with little move. Let's have the kids twirl their used napkins in the air, throwing little bits of discarded food all over the carpet!)
Is there a PSA asking you to refrain from twirling your napkins in the vicinity of the buffet??? :confused3

Evan' list of what is important:
  1. Food
  2. Everything Else
You have taught that boy well.:thumbsup2

Soon enough it was time to settle up the bill, so Evan pulled out his wallet.
Ok, maybe it is worth buying dinner for the group if it gives you a chance to show off that cool Lightning McQueen wallet.:cool2:

Maybe if I open it slowly, it won't be so expensive...
Slowly, nah, it's like a yanking a band-aid off. Make it quick and get it over with.

He needed a little help signing his name
I believe that is called "sticker shock":eek:

You never know... I found a $20 in the parking lot when I was 5... my parents thank me for paying for our first visit to Crystal Palace everytime we go there and I don't even remember it.:confused3 I'm also pretty sure that $20 would have been a bit shy even by 1985 standards.

nice update barry. well,well, the other resort i will stay at, the contemp.!!!!:lmao: nice pics.! i feel like your son sometime also, laying across the seats.:lmao: love the beads!!:thumbsup2 the rule in our house, he who toches the bill, pays for it!!!:lmao:

I was about to comment...then I got distracted...

Naturally, the best throwbacks (and I'm not biased at all :rolleyes1) belong to the Eagles, with the classic Kelly green:

050310-Kelly-green-0031.jpg

As we all know, Philly teams would never, ever, ever put something out there that could be considered an eyesore.

eagles.jpg

:love:

You know Philly's the most depressed football city? :sad2:

...also: is the eyesore McNabb or the jersey??

Wish my vacation could Last as long as I have to wait for this trip report to be finished!!!:rotfl2:

Evan thought that was the coolest thing and asked if he could pay for dinner with his key. We said "sure", and he made sure to remind us about it every 30 minutes or so for the rest of the day.
Was Evan willing to pay for anybody?

From the monorail, looking at the giant Mickey shaped wreath hanging on the outside of the Contemporary.
IMG_3006.JPG
So that's what it looked like at night!

Love this pic...

Photo0001FourBySix.jpg

Madison has that 'did I do that' look... LOL

IMG_3123.JPG
Look at it this way... you get to keep someone employed by making a mess! :thumbsup2

You'll have to excuse Evan's mouth. He was in the middle of his Oreo Mickey dessert when the head cheese came by. Evan' list of what is important:
  1. Food
  2. Everything Else
IMG_3101.JPG
I'm glad he has his priorities straight!

Did he have enough pennies for the tip?

Great update... so when is the next one? popcorn::popcorn::

Wish my vacation could Last as long as I have to wait for this trip report to be finished!!!:rotfl2:

I will have to give Barry a break on this one. It has been a long week at our house and about to get even longer.

I will have to give Barry a break on this one. It has been a long week at our house and about to get even longer.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope the weather will be done there by the weekend for you and your family. :grouphug:

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope the weather will be done there by the weekend for you and your family. :grouphug:

I'll echo Tim's thoughts here. :grouphug:

Thank you very much. It was not unexpected but still sad. :sad1: It is nice to know that I have one more person watching over us. :littleangel:

It is also tough when you have a little girl that is sick. Barry was nice enough yesterday to stay home with her so I could work and get some things done that needed to be done. So thank you honey. :hug: He went to work and I stayed home so he could get some work done.

The weather is a whole other issue. At this moment it is not the snow that I am worried about. I am terrified the wind is going to blow my house away and carry us the mile to the freezing lake.

I see no good reason why you have not had an update. You are currently just sitting on the couch watching TV. Get on with it. At this rate you will have to do two in a row.

I'm sorry it has been a difficult week. :hug:

What is up with Barry's Packers? I hate to admit I'm actually cheering for them being a diehard Bears fan, but I hate the Steelers.

I hope you and the house don't blow into the lake.

Barry, I'll say one thing about you -- you sure are a heck of a lot faster at posting updates than Tim, Marv, Glen, Dan, Mark, etc. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Usually, yes. However, as you can see, It's been quite a while since the last update. I'm hoping life will be back to normal enough so I can get a few updates banged out.

No, not at all. It's a lot like being "mostly dead" in the Princess Bride. Barry's only Mostly Bad, which means he's Slightly Good. :thumbsup2
Awwww...that's the nicest thing anyone has every said to me:hug:

Riding the monorail just for the heck of it? I know a family that would do something similar.
I can't think of a better way to spend 20 minutes. :thumbsup2

The kids kept pulling your finger, didn't they?
No, there's usually giggling involved when that happens. And sometimes the kids laugh too. :rotfl2:

How cute that Evan wanted to pay for dinner.
He was very exited to be able to do it.

Well, if you got me that close to the Magic Kingdom and didn't let me go in, I can guarantee I wouldn't be paying for dinner. :mad:
I prefer to call it "building the suspense"
Hmmmm... so maybe he doesn't want to buy dinner.
No, it wasn't one of those "Oh, gosh, I seem to have forgotten my wallet. I'll get it next time" sort of things. That kid would forget his head if it wasn't attached. :sad2:

Is there a PSA asking you to refrain from twirling your napkins in the vicinity of the buffet??? :confused3
That's why they have sneeze guards.

nice update barry. well,well, the other resort i will stay at, the contemp.!!!!:lmao: nice pics.! i feel like your son sometime also, laying across the seats.:lmao: love the beads!!:thumbsup2 the rule in our house, he who toches the bill, pays for it!!!:lmao:
I can just see you laying across the seats like that. Your DD poking you in the ribs to wake you when the pager goes off. :rotfl2:

...also: is the eyesore McNabb or the jersey??
You beat me too that question! :lmao:

So, Barry...I don't believe you've gotten the snow yet, so where is our update? :rolleyes1:rolleyes1
Ummm...tomorrow? Yeah, probably tomorrow. :rolleyes1

Wouldn't that be great? But do you have people harassing you to finish your vacation?:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!