Everyone loves ________ but I just don't get it!

Everybody loves ___Disney Transportation___ but I just don't get it...

I love the Monorail and boats, but seriously, my family spends the extra few hundred bucks every time to NEVER have to sit on a bus!

I love the Monorail and boats, but seriously, my family spends the extra few hundred bucks every time to NEVER have to sit on a bus!

Me 2!

Everyone Loves _____________ but I just don't get it!

Le Cellier (overpriced (even for Disney!) mediocre steakhouse IMO)
Soarin
Turkey Legs :scared:

Would be interested to hear your opinion of the holiday version. Hope you will post on the site. Have a great trip!

While I much prefer the original IllumiNations to the current incarnation, I have to say that I do really like the holiday ending for the current show. For me, a lot of why I like the holiday ending is the "wow" factor of the fireworks and the stirring music. A previous poster also stated it well - that the original Illuminations had familiar music, which is also true of the holiday ending.

I get it. I spend all of my working days commuting 45 mins to an hour, each way. On my vacation, I really appreciate that someone else is doing the driving, if it is not the most efficient way to get around. This is valuable to me, although I understand that it is not for everyone.

I'm going to build a nice flame proof fort before I say this....:scared:

Everybody loves Wishes but I just don't get it...

Wishes is just fireworks set to music. I prefer Illuminations and Fantasmic. Atleast they have more stuff going on, like fire, lasers, or actors. I even skip Wishes sometimes and go on rides.

Please feel free to fill the blank with......

Soarin'
Space Mountain
Fantasmic
MNSSHP
HalloWishes
Fantasmic
Jungle Cruise
M:S
Festival of the Lion King
CBJ

.....and many more, but these are my major :confused3 attractions. Maggie

Why the h*ll do you go to Disney? It seems like you do not like anything.

The food at the restaurants. It's decent, but I haven't found a restaurant onsite that was anything special to me.

The Poly. To me is just says "the Brady Bunch goes to Hawaii"

Well, I'll start by saying I absolutely LOVE the Poly. But I understand why you'd say that. The purists will say "no, it doesn't scream 70's, that's authentic Polynesian style." I'm sure it is authentic Polynesian style, but that just means authentic Polynesian style screams 70's! I happen to like that it reminds me of the 70's, maybe because I grew up with the Brady's!

I am not going to say everyone loves this but a lot of people do: IASW. I can't stand this ride at all. Once you here that music, you can't get it out of your head.

I am not going to say everyone loves this but a lot of people do: IASW. I can't stand this ride at all. Once you here that music, you can't get it out of your head.

Tell me about it! Last year it was coming out of my son's snorkel at Discovery Cove. He would not stop singing it. :scared1:

Why the h*ll do you go to Disney? It seems like you do not like anything.

Rarely does anyone like EVERYTHING. If I met people who liked everything I would think that's abnormal. I am thankful; for people who dislike my favorites. Less of a wait for me. This is why Disney has so many different rides and attractions, in order to suit all kinds of people.

Living with The Land.

I just dont get why people would sit through this again.

Everybody loves illuminations, but I just don't get it.
Does it symbolize something? It's short, and just doens't touch my heart the way Wishes does.

Everyone (at least among the DISers) . . . loves split stays at more than one resort . . . and I just don't get it. Why do people find it fun to pack up in the middle of the happiest place on earth and move to another hotel room in the middle of their precious vacation? You can visit any resort you want to visit. Using different pools just isn't reason enough to so this. The "experience" of actually staying at a different resort is not materially different resort-to-resort.

ALSO- I am also noticing a lot of "Everybody loves . . ." that clearly don't come close to being loved by everybody. For example, someone said, "Everybody loves Alfredo's restaurant in Italy at Epcot". Any DISer spending any time on the Disney restaurant thread will tell you that that restaurant has always received a great deal of complaints and criticisms over the years.

Another one was the Bear Jamboree at MK- this has never been universally loved.

Everybody loves..pin trading...but I just dont get it!

It seems like a waste of money and time to me.. and if you liked something enough to buy it and spend $10 on it, why would you want to give it away?

I dont understand why people are saying the characters aren't real.. they are real... they are standing right there!

The "experience" of actually staying at a different resort is not materially different resort-to-resort.

Got to differ with you here. The experience of staying at WL this year was much different than the experience of just visiting on prior trips. And, though, the two are architecturally similar, it is quite a different experience to start off at AKL and then switch to WL mid-trip (same as it was on our last one to start out at AKL and move to the Poly). I understand not everyone's going to want to pack up and move, but experiencing Disney resorts is a BIG part of the fun for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter