Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

This past Wednesday they downgraded all the uberblack drivers to Select. So there was an illegal price cut that happened along with that.
I wondered what was up. I decided to use Uber to go from MCO to Swan on Thursday. Expecting it to be Black and about $75. I called for the car and it was Select and $62. Thought maybe my memory was faulty. So is this a permanent change or did it have something to do with Matthew?

Hi, we are staying at Saratoga Springs this weekend and would like to uber my 17-year old son and his friend to HHN at Universal on Saturday night. Can anyone tell me what we are looking at cost-wise, and will uber drivers be readily available when the event ends at 2 am? Thank you so much.
We took Lyft from Dolphin to Universal, and back again from Hard Rock Hotel to Dolphin last Sunday. I paid $20 ish (with tip) each way. We didn't still till the event ended, left about 11:00 and there were lots of drivers around. I have a feeling they stayed out for this, even for locals.

Is the first page info still accurate? We will be at Disney next week and will probably use Uber between several of the parks, especially Epcot to HS and back.

Is the first page info still accurate? We will be at Disney next week and will probably use Uber between several of the parks, especially Epcot to HS and back.
Best I can tell. We have taken Uber/Lyft from to and/or from every park (CR for MK) numerous times. It's super easy.

Best I can tell. We have taken Uber/Lyft from to and/or from every park (CR for MK) numerous times. It's super easy.

Good! I live in a teeny, tiny town and have no experience with Uber or taxis. A few days after we return from Disney I'll be going to NYC for the first time and will be forced to use Uber and/or taxi service to get around and I'm stressing hard over it. Figure I'll give Uber a try at Disney next week to break me in gently before arriving in the Big Apple and feeling like a country bumpkin. :crazy2:

Good! I live in a teeny, tiny town and have no experience with Uber or taxis. A few days after we return from Disney I'll be going to NYC for the first time and will be forced to use Uber and/or taxi service to get around and I'm stressing hard over it. Figure I'll give Uber a try at Disney next week to break me in gently before arriving in the Big Apple and feeling like a country bumpkin. :crazy2:
Same here for our first time. We have taxi's/Uber here but it's minimal and not something I use at home ever. So it was foreign to us that first time. But it's so very easy and now we use it all the time. We discussed using one of them for driving to and from our airport but not sure it's a good option since we like to leave really early and get home really late. I checked availability of a car when we arrived Tuesday, just to see, and there were none.

Updated to reflect new pickup and dropoff zone at epcot

Thank you so much for all the useful information in this thread. I will be at WDW in December and am planning on using Uber to get from Hollywood Studios to the International Gateway at Epcot one evening around 7 PM. I am a little confused over where to ask to be dropped off. Do I ask to be taken to the front of Beach Club or Boardwalk or is there an even closer place to be dropped off? Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you so much for all the useful information in this thread. I will be at WDW in December and am planning on using Uber to get from Hollywood Studios to the International Gateway at Epcot one evening around 7 PM. I am a little confused over where to ask to be dropped off. Do I ask to be taken to the front of Beach Club or Boardwalk or is there an even closer place to be dropped off? Any advice is appreciated.
Out of curiosity why?
That is a boat ride away and very easy. I don't think calling for an Uber is going to be any faster.
But if you insist, you would get off at Boardwalk or Beach Club. Each are about the same distance, though I think Beach Club may be a tiny bit closer. And you can't get any closer than one of those 2 resorts, unless you take the boat from right there at HS

Out of curiosity why?
That is a boat ride away and very easy. I don't think calling for an Uber is going to be any faster.
But if you insist, you would get off at Boardwalk or Beach Club. Each are about the same distance, though I think Beach Club may be a tiny bit closer. And you can't get any closer than one of those 2 resorts, unless you take the boat from right there at HS

We have ridden that boat before and really enjoyed the ride. We only have one evening at Hollywood Studios/Epcot and want to quickly get to Epcot after the new Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show at HS to enjoy a few holiday things in WS before closing. I was assuming the boat line would be very long at that time with Hollywood Studios closing at 7 and that Uber would be faster. If the boat wait would be quicker, we would happily take it.

Are uber rides normally available early am from wilderness lodge area.. Ie:630 am... Heading to US / IOA.

We have ridden that boat before and really enjoyed the ride. We only have one evening at Hollywood Studios/Epcot and want to quickly get to Epcot after the new Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show at HS to enjoy a few holiday things in WS before closing. I was assuming the boat line would be very long at that time with Hollywood Studios closing at 7 and that Uber would be faster. If the boat wait would be quicker, we would happily take it.
It is possible the boat line will be long but it is also possible the traffic line will be long too. Hopefully someone else will chime in which way they think is faster. HS has awful traffic leaving the park

I think the lady in the Mercedes is new..Ive been hearing about her lol

As for the tipping thing, the person who put up the link didnt actually quote it. So i will:

"You don’t need cash when you ride with Uber. Once you arrive at your destination, your fare is automatically charged to your credit card on file — there’s no need to tip."

You do not need to, but that doesnt mean you should not tip or that it wont be accepted. As a general rule, you should always tip for good service..at a restaurant, in a cab, or in uber/lyft

I know you say you "should" tip. But please be completely honest, do most Uber drivers rate their customers very low if they don't?

We are doing EMM at MK one morning, coming from the Boardwalk. I am hoping to use Uber but we have 2 adults, 3 kids (one is 2.5) so will need an Uber XL plus carseat. What are the chances one will be available around 7 a.m.? I've never used Uber in Disney, but have plenty of times back home and have never had an issue, but know it's extremely local. If an Uber isn't available, is a cab a back-up option, can the concierge help with that? TIA.

I know you say you "should" tip. But please be completely honest, do most Uber drivers rate their customers very low if they don't?

Rating of passengers is completely up to the individual driver. It used to be that nobody knew the tipping policy so I never used to fault someone for not knowing. However, given that this has been more broadly publicized and many of us now have in vehicle signage, there's really no excuse. (What? No cash you say? Oh no problem! I have a Square reader right here..).

While we are on ratings..Some of things that contribute to low rider ratings:You make us wait for you, you entered a pickup location several minutes away from the actual one, you're rude ( Do not act like you own the car for 65 cents a mile. It doesn't end well), you make a mess, your kids make a mess, you are LOUD (usually paired with drunk in my experience), you try to take all 500 lollipops from the container with you (seriously!), you steal my iPhone or andrioid charger (it happens more often than you'd think, and yes we notice and put in for a $25 surcharge), and I'm sure there's probably a few others I'm missing.

Its a Golden Rule thing really, treat your driver as you'd like to be treated and you'll get 5 stars everytime. :)

I wondered what was up. I decided to use Uber to go from MCO to Swan on Thursday. Expecting it to be Black and about $75. I called for the car and it was Select and $62. Thought maybe my memory was faulty. So is this a permanent change or did it have something to do with Matthew?

It was presented to us as a permanent change. However, in my opinion, it will be short lived. MCO/City of Orlando VFH is actively ticketing uber select and selectxl drivers (the cars you can order via the app)who pickup there since the lower rate is in violation of their permits. Not only is there a lovely fine (which uber will pay) but there's a suspension from the property which increases to a permanent trespass ban for subsequent offenses.

Rating of passengers is completely up to the individual driver. It used to be that nobody knew the tipping policy so I never used to fault someone for not knowing. However, given that this has been more broadly publicized and many of us now have in vehicle signage, there's really no excuse. (What? No cash you say? Oh no problem! I have a Square reader right here..).

While we are on ratings..Some of things that contribute to low rider ratings:You make us wait for you, you entered a pickup location several minutes away from the actual one, you're rude ( Do not act like you own the car for 65 cents a mile. It doesn't end well), you make a mess, your kids make a mess, you are LOUD (usually paired with drunk in my experience), you try to take all 500 lollipops from the container with you (seriously!), you steal my iPhone or andrioid charger (it happens more often than you'd think, and yes we notice and put in for a $25 surcharge), and I'm sure there's probably a few others I'm missing.

Its a Golden Rule thing really, treat your driver as you'd like to be treated and you'll get 5 stars everytime. :)
Wow, takes all kinds, doesn't it

Though Uber's stance on refusing to include Tipping on the app is just mind boggling to me. Since we rarely have the cash needed to tip I find we use Lyft now. I hadn't thought about Square Reader but wonder, how many drivers have that?

It was presented to us as a permanent change. However, in my opinion, it will be short lived. MCO/City of Orlando VFH is actively ticketing uber select and selectxl drivers (the cars you can order via the app)who pickup there since the lower rate is in violation of their permits. Not only is there a lovely fine (which uber will pay) but there's a suspension from the property which increases to a permanent trespass ban for subsequent offenses.
Interesting. One has to wonder what they are thinking. Classic pissing match I guess

From Future World at Epcot, is the Uber pickup area near the resort bus stop area?

Near, yes. It's more or less behind them
It's been moving around lately. As of Sunday, it was in the lot next to the taxis, while it used to be behind them. Go to the bus load area, and take the crosswalk between load zones 5 & 6 to the taxi lot. Follow the walkway to the left along the taxis, and turn right on the walkway up the middle of the lot. The pickup is in the part of the lot on your left.
Epcot to Uber pickup.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, takes all kinds, doesn't it

Though Uber's stance on refusing to include Tipping on the app is just mind boggling to me. Since we rarely have the cash needed to tip I find we use Lyft now. I hadn't thought about Square Reader but wonder, how many drivers have that?

Interesting. One has to wonder what they are thinking. Classic pissing match I guess

Its probably not many that have Square readers. Ive only ever taken a card twice in 2000+ trips. The first time was last food and wine, and the second was 2 weeks ago (He must have read the sign I have up..I was so caught off guard when he hands me a visa and says "put $20 on this" when we got to the airport. For the record, I totally want them to put the tip function in app but as long as Travis K is in charge, it wont happen.

As for the riders, being bad..I've had all of those things I described. But 99.999% of everyone is fine. Nothing crazy happens to me. But a friend of mine had to have Disney security physically remove a woman and her 7 kids from his car at typhoon lagoon. He refused to take her because there were too many people. XL only holds 6 and he drives an $80k luxury SUV. And this was literally a week ago. Fun times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter