Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

If we have a family of 3 with 3 suitcases and 3 carryons.Do we get a regular uber car or do we ask for a bigger one?

I am staying at PoP and have a reservation for dinner at yachtsman. Can uber drop off at yacht club? How long do you think the ride between pop and yacht club would be?

I am staying at PoP and have a reservation for dinner at yachtsman. Can uber drop off at yacht club? How long do you think the ride between pop and yacht club would be?
Yes, under 10 minutes. But allow 15 minutes for your ride to show up. It usually doesn't take that long, but it could.

Reactions: pdz

What about a regular taxi? We have grandparents traveling from MK and HI Orange Lake. I'm not sure they will "get" Uber, but will likely feel comfortable with a traditional taxi. Any ideas how is/hard it is to get a taxi when leaving the parks and how much to go to HI Orange Lake?

They should be available at all hours
It's 30 min from WDW to MCO (not sure about from US, I'd guess similar)
So how early you call depends on how early you like to get to the airport.
We call for it 2 hours before our departure but I cut it closer than many others like to. We also have PreCheck so know we'll have shorter lines than those without. And we use RAC at WDW so no bags at the airport either.

We use Uber all the time to go to the airport. Most of the time we have early morning flights, so we have to request our Uber/Lyft in the wee hours. We've always been able secure a ride. I recommend loading both Uber and Lyft to give you choices. Sometimes early morning rides are harder to get with one, so I try the other and have always had luck.

Do the drivers have car seats or boosters for kids?
Not sure if this has been updated, but when you call for Uber, you tell them you need a driver with a car seat/booster and that is what will be sent to you. If you do not specify, you will not get it. Uber drivers must apply to carry car seats, to be a "family" driver and purchase the seats themselves.

Not sure if this has been updated, but when you call for Uber, you tell them you need a driver with a car seat/booster and that is what will be sent to you. If you do not specify, you will not get it. Uber drivers must apply to carry car seats, to be a "family" driver and purchase the seats themselves.
The exact thing you want to do is request Uber Family when you select the vehicle. There is an upcharge for Family to cover the costs of the carseat.
They'll only have 1, by the way. Not sure how many PP needed.

The exact thing you want to do is request Uber Family when you select the vehicle. There is an upcharge for Family to cover the costs of the carseat.
They'll only have 1, by the way. Not sure how many PP needed.
PP posted about a year ago, so they're probably beyond help anyway. :)

Just got back from our 5 night stay at Wilderness Lodge and thought I post an update.

#1 This was our 5th Disneyworld Trip. Usually once we got on the "magical express" bus after airport arrival it would get going shortly after. This time we sat on bus for 30 minutes before the bus headed to resorts even though nobody got on the bus after us. We might consider uber or another car service to and from airport next time but would still is magical express for our luggage.

#2 Wilderness Lodge is MUCH better than Port Orleans Riverside. We loved that even rooms farthest from lobby were only a 5 minute walk. Rooms were cleaner/nicer too. Also liked that WL is a hotel unlike Port Orleans Riverside which is like a huge motel (doors opening to outside.)

#2 Wilderness Lodge had big LCD Screens at the hotel bus stop showing (in real time) when buses for parks or Disney springs would arrive. This was a HUGE perk. I had not seen it at other resorts but I'm not sure if it's just WL.

#3 The buses to parks arrived promptly at WL and were typically only a 12-13 minute ride to the parks. We found out that the first bus of the day for each park (aprox 1 hour b4 opening) would go from resort straight to park. If you caught bus later in morning it would stop at another resort before taking you to park.

#3 We took boat rides directly to magic kingdom and for Chef Mickeys we took boat ride directly to Contemporary. The boat rides lasted 5-10 minutes. It was awesome and not having to fold the stroller and get on crowded bus after a late night at Magic was sweet. Taking the boat back to WL was sweet too.

#4. On the first night we ate at whispering Canyon. Very loud and silly but the food was VERY good.

#5 The heat was terrible. Would never go back in September.

#6- uber family was often unavailable.

Just got back from our 5 night stay at Wilderness Lodge and thought I post an update.

#1 This was our 5th Disneyworld Trip. Usually once we got on the "magical express" bus after airport arrival it would get going shortly after. This time we sat on bus for 30 minutes before the bus headed to resorts even though nobody got on the bus after us. We might consider uber or another car service to and from airport next time but would still is magical express for our luggage.

#2 Wilderness Lodge is MUCH better than Port Orleans Riverside. We loved that even rooms farthest from lobby were only a 5 minute walk. Rooms were cleaner/nicer too. Also liked that WL is a hotel unlike Port Orleans Riverside which is like a huge motel (doors opening to outside.)

#2 Wilderness Lodge had big LCD Screens at the hotel bus stop showing (in real time) when buses for parks or Disney springs would arrive. This was a HUGE perk. I had not seen it at other resorts but I'm not sure if it's just WL.

#3 The buses to parks arrived promptly at WL and were typically only a 12-13 minute ride to the parks. We found out that the first bus of the day for each park (aprox 1 hour b4 opening) would go from resort straight to park. If you caught bus later in morning it would stop at another resort before taking you to park.

#3 We took boat rides directly to magic kingdom and for Chef Mickeys we took boat ride directly to Contemporary. The boat rides lasted 5-10 minutes. It was awesome and not having to fold the stroller and get on crowded bus after a late night at Magic was sweet. Taking the boat back to WL was sweet too.

#4. On the first night we ate at whispering Canyon. Very loud and silly but the food was VERY good.

#5 The heat was terrible. Would never go back in September.

#6- uber family was often unavailable.
1. 30 min from time first guests boards ME till departure is their "range of normal". Learned this a few years back when we were the first to board. The driver told us that we would leave in 30 min or when the bus was full, whichever comes first. The reason is there are no reservations for arrivals. Just a general idea of who's coming. So they'll have the bus there from X till X and whoever gets on during that 30 min window is who they take. Next group waits on next bus. Unless something changes before your next trip you won't be able to take Uber from the airport.

2. You don't say when your last trip was but LCD bus arrival screens are at most, if not all resorts now, including POR/FQ. Have been for a while now (year at least)

Our Last trip was Dec 2014 and POR didn't have lCD showing bus arrivals. Even if POR has them now, WL is still vastly superior in my opinion.

The bus was 80% full when we got on. Sat for 30 minutes and then the driver took a wrong turn and went to Grand Floridian first instead of WL as he stated he would when the bus got going.

In the future might arrange a private driver (black SUV) service so our driver is waiting for us and ready to go as soon as we arrive.

Our Last trip was Dec 2014 and POR didn't have lCD showing bus arrivals. Even if POR has them now, WL is still vastly superior in my opinion.

The bus was 80% full when we got on. Sat for 30 minutes and then the driver took a wrong turn and went to Grand Floridian first instead of WL as he stated he would when the bus got going.

In the future might arrange a private driver (black SUV) service so our driver is waiting for us and ready to go as soon as we arrive.

WL is a deluxe resort, POR is a moderate. So yes, WL is an upgrade. And more $$

We've done that for our last 2 trips. It's quite nice indeed.

We also got a view of the Castle and fireworks but didn't pay for upgraded view.
Because for now they don't have anything but Standard and Courtyard. That's a trade off for staying in the construction zone. I'm certain once that is done they'll be re-categorizing those rooms with TPV now.

Funny thing is we find the total opposite of you. WL was our favorite resort. The only place DH wanted to stay. Till we tried POR last April. Now that's the only place we want to stay. Money wise, we can swing any resort we want. We want POR. It's not because of construction, that doesn't bother us at all. And we still love WL 2nd (though I may battle with DH for picking BWI as my 2nd favorite) but POR is now our HOME. We are doing our 4th stay there this year in November.

We'll be returning to WL sometime though, since we like to switch things up every now and then.

We didn't really care about the view but it was a fun free bonus. I was worried about construction but it was hardly noticeable and we never saw or heard anywork being done when we were at the resort (we left 7-7:30am each day and returned after parks closed)

I found WL superior in every aspect but would like to know why you prefer POR.

We didn't really care about the view but it was a fun free bonus. I was worried about construction but it was hardly noticeable and we never saw or heard anywork being done when we were at the resort (we left 7-7:30am each day and returned after parks closed)

I found WL superior in every aspect but would like to know why you prefer POR
It's one of those things that I can't put an exact finger on. It's sort of like when house hunting and you walk in to the house that is the one for you, you just feel at home the moment you walk in. POR felt like that to us. We love the grounds, the rooms, the location to all parks, the staff that we interact with, the meals. Just all of it works for us. Not to say we didn't feel the same way on our WL stays, we did. I especially liked staying there during the construction since it's very quiet. Half capacity feels really different than our stays when the resort was full.

POR has several bus stop locations on property and I always felt it was a long walk to our rooms at the end of the night no matter which stop we walked from and tiresome when at the end of the night your stop isnt the first one.. I also felt like we got to parks quicker talking buses from WL. The longest bus ride was to Animal Kingdom and that took 14 minutes. AND.....I liked that WL had only one bus stop (Lobby) and that our room was only a 5 minute walk in air conditioning even though it was one of the furthest from lobby. We also thought the grounds at WL were beautiful (not that POR isnt) but we liked WL better.

Staff at WL were super nice and accommodating. We did notice several staff members in the parks lacked the usual "Disney" friendliness. I think it was due to the heat. The heat was BRUTAL. I underestimated how bad it feels in 92 degree weather when humidity is super high and I'm from Texas!!! We were so beat down and tired at the end of the night that short bus/boat rides and shirt walks from bus to room were like gifts from heaven compared to Previous Disney trips.

Btw: We walked an average of 12 miles a day while on our Disney trip. I wonder if that's typical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter