Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

You do know that every time I'm in the soda aisle at the supermarket from now on that I'll start giggling when I spot the Yoo Hoo.

:laughing: :laughing: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That is so funny! Thank God Yahoo is not yellow.....or I would never drink it again!! :scared1: :cool1: lol

Travis

two most shocking things...

How much I spent on BINGO on my 2nd DCL cruise OMG:eek:

Them leaving someone in Nassau... they are serious when they say all aboard::yes::

One night on the Magic I was sitting on the veranda when we were docked in Nassau. Another ship was directly across the dock from us and I could see into many of the staterooms. It must have been just before dinner time becuase I counted seeing about 10 different people changing clothes in their rooms with the blinds wide open. Now I am certainly no prude...but sadly these were not the type of people I would have preferred to see naked...:scared: :crazy2: :p

While I consider the "natural" method of feeding an infant the best for the child ........ right at the coffee station on deck 9, with NO COVER AT ALL, is not the proper place. I was stunned to see 'it".:earseek: :o

Originally posted by brack
While I consider the "natural" method of feeding an infant the best for the child ........ right at the coffee station on deck 9, with NO COVER AT ALL, is not the proper place. I was stunned to see 'it".:earseek: :o

That had to be a more attractive sight than the fat speedo wearers eating *their* lunches . . .

gross.jpg

:wave:

We were lucky to be on the first ever DCL cruise back in its beginning in July of 1998 and on that maiden voyage one day we were sitting by the pool. All of a sudden we look at the hot tub and see tons of foaming bubbles cascading down the steps and onto the pool decking...soon to be entering the pool itself. Yep, some little darlings took a box of detergent from the laundry room and poured it into the hot tub. The CM's were standing there with their mouths open and I had to remind them that it was slippery and they really should rope off the area until it was cleaned up...they agreed and then roped the area off. It was pretty funny afterward but not at the time!!! Don't think the culprits were ever caught...

Then once at Orient Beach we saw these gentlemen posing for pictures.....not really shocking, but funny.....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/76180824/76181062QVbKrd

http://community.webshots.com/photo/76181073/76181073dhJIzy

They were actually playing a joke on their wives we found out...they came to the beach in regular bathing suits and were apparently dared the day before to wear thongs...so...once they were at the beach they all dropped their regular suits and pranced down to the water's edge in these beauties.

And then another time we were sailing and a teen jumped off Deck 4 into the harbor at St. Thomas. We was not hurt but again was on a dare.....the crew found out because when he went to get on the ship and scan his KTTW card it already showed him as being onboard and the fact that his clothes were soaking wet alerted the crew that something was amiss.....the Captain put him under house arrest for the remainder of the cruise and supposedly he was not allowed out of his cabin unless with his parents.

MJ

We were waiting in a lounge to go on an excursion. A family came just inside. Their son, a pretty big kid threw up right in the entrance.

They just went on to find a seat. They didn't say anything to a CM or try to usher people around it. We sat horrified as someone right behind them.....you guessed it, walked right through it.

A nice person right next to it, took their towel and covered it. They then moved to another area. go figure!!!

Unfortunately, the shocking moment came from a member of my own family. Ya know how powerful the toilets are on the ship?....We had just gotten to our stateroom and my shy, well-behaved (he didn't put anything in it he wasn't suppose to...) son had to use the toilet. Well, needless to say, he must've been saving up for the past Month! I was SHOCKED when I saw what came out of that little bitty body and the toilet was stopped up. Yes, we had to ask for a plunger and yes I did it myself. I just told my son the toilet was probably already "sluggish" so as not to embarrass him anymore than he was already.:p

we also had the ship pull up and dock across from you experience. Golden Princess docked in St. Maarten right next to us in the morning. Woman in the balcony cabin across from us didn't realize they pulled in to port while she was in the shower. She walks out to talk to her husband with some "onlookers" she was not aware of. Bet it was more shocking for her. :teeth: :hyper: Always close those blinds when docking hehehe

Great thread!!! I'm loving every bit of it!!:earseek:

The worst thing I saw was at Castaway Cay!! My wife and I got off the ship first thing in the morning. We were heading straight to serenity bay. We walked the first part from the ship, but then sat down at the tram station for the ride down the old runway. After a few minutes, a couple of CM's walked up and sat down. We waited and waited, but no tram. Well, after about 10 minutes, one of the CM's stood up, went to a bush, right under the roof where we were sitting, and started urinating in the bushes!! :earseek: My wife and I just looked at each other, totally shocked! After he was done, he just put it away and sat back down. We were totally disgusted. It almost ruined our day. I am even in construction, so seeing this sort of thing is not uncommon for me. I guess being a Disney employee, I just expected a little more from him. ;) Heck, he had the entire island to use, but he chose to do it right there.

WEIRD!!!!:sunny:

Originally posted by WDWDennis;

The worst thing I saw was at Castaway Cay!! My wife and I got off the ship first thing in the morning. We were heading straight to serenity bay. We walked the first part from the ship, but then sat down at the tram station for the ride down the old runway. After a few minutes, a couple of CM's walked up and sat down. We waited and waited, but no tram. Well, after about 10 minutes, one of the CM's stood up, went to a bush, right under the roof where we were sitting, and started urinating in the bushes!!

You're joking! Not much leaves me speechless but this has. What a charmer! Don't suppose he washed his hands either.

This is more surprising than shocking but on our cruise last week I couldn't get over the number of people who seemed to think the only purpose of the stairs was to sit down on them to wait for the elevator.

I have never been on a cruise (DCL or otherwise) but you all might find this surprising.
A few years ago on my flight back to Baltimore from Orlando there were several DCL CMs just finished with their 6 month stint. They were pretty drunk and rowdy and had many warnings from the flight attendants to settle down. They were saying stuff like "Free at alst, thank God almighty... and I remember specifically one of them saying something downright rude about the clientelle on the ship. I remember this because the people sitting in a few rows in front of us had just completed their DCL cruise. (I assumed because they had a DCL gift/tote bag) I felt bad for that family.

On our first cruise (3 night wonder) my DS's (10 & 11 yo) wanted to try the slide at the Mickey pool. I was standing there while they waited for their turn, all of a sudden there was screaming a lot of eeewww's, kids scrambling to get out of the pool. You guested it someone had an "Accident" in the pool. Well there was this elderly man with what I assumed was his granddaughter in the pool and the little brown log was floating right at him. Maybe he didn't speak English, because he didn't move even though people were pointing and yelling at him to get out of the pool. Well the little brown log smacked him right in the chest. :crazy2: :faint:
A CM was on the way over to them when the granddaughter finally spotted it and they got out of the pool.

ewwwwww, that is gross. Where is Bill Murray when you need him???? :teeth:

A couple of cruises back...we cruised with what DH called "The
Tacky Family". The TF consisted of two or three young couples, with 2 or 3 kids each, and the grandparents. They were the people that saved a chaise lounge at The Mickey Pool for everybody(including the little kids), they saved the tables and chairs at the MP, they brought their strollers and parked them in the walkways, saved the seats in the WDT....that type.

And like a previous poster, I'm not bothered by too much, as I work for the fire department and if I haven't seen it, I've heard about it....but anyway, one morning we rush up on deck to find TTF already at the pool. So, I snap when I see the tables and chairs saved, AGAIN, this is about the 2nd or 3rd morning of the cruise. I politely move their stuff from one table (and yes it was their stuff...I'd seen it all week) to the railing behind the tables. Other people came up and did the same thing, as TTF were all lounging by the pool in the chaise lounges.

Soon I see all the kids, who are coming down the Mickey slide, come down the slide, then stop and stare over to where these people are lounging. So, along with one or two other Moms, I walk around the pool to see what all the kids are staring at. One of the TTF young ladies was hugely pregnant(I know she was past the required time to be cruising) but, and she is laying in the chaise, with her naked belly exposed to the sun. One of the Moms goes and grabs her son by the arm and storms over to the CM on duty at the pool. Well, the pegnant lady was evidentially not happy when the CM came over and asked her to cover herself up. So, she gets up, pulls her swimsuit top down and stops in her tracks, when she discovers that all the tables and chairs are now occupied by other people!!! So, then all of them get up, get their stuff together, which takes about 20 minutes and stomp off!!!! I don't know what she was the most shocked about...the fact that they asked her to cover up or that people had taken the tables!!!!! Anyway, we never saw them at the pool again.

Phyllis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter