Ever see anything totally shocking and unexpected on a cruise?

Shocking & unexpected? Hmmm...

I'd have to say it was when just dh & I cruised a 3nt. on the Dream not long after its maiden voyage. Our OBC covered our gratuity + some extra for our MDR servers who were awesome.
It was so nice to just BE on the ship, exploring it all so new, we didn't even spend anything extra!
I doubt I'll ever see a bill like that again! :goodvibes

There was an elderly lady on our recent cruise who pushed around two teddy bears in a double stroller the whole time. We saw her in Grand Cayman, at Senor Frogs in Costa Maya where the teddy bears were getting shots from the waitress, and pushing the stroller on Castaway Cay.

I remember there was a post here...it may even be in this thread...about the reborn babies on the Disney Dream.

I can't copy and paste on this computer but if you go to youtube...type in "Reborn Disney Cruise Part 1". Dang, they look real! I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I remember there was a post here...it may even be in this thread...about the reborn babies on the Disney Dream.

I can't copy and paste on this computer but if you go to youtube...type in "Reborn Disney Cruise Part 1". Dang, they look real! I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Uhm....so I'm trying really hard not to be judgmental and to each his/her own,

but

These reborn things are kind of creepy. They're giving me the willies.

Uhm....so I'm trying really hard not to be judgemental and to each his/her own,
QUOTE]

Yes. I didn't understand it at first but after seeing those videos on you tube I realized they are a hobby. :thumbsup2 As long as they are not chair hogs. :) LOL

As long as they are not chair hogs. :) LOL

bahahahaaa!!!!! I'm glad I rented our CC tubes ahead of time (If I kick one of those off my floatie, will I get busted for child abuse or vandalism??). What would they do? Call me immature (uh, they're playing with a doll).

Honestly, I pray somebody with one of those does not end up sitting next to me at dinner. I'm liable to jump ten feet up in the air and accidentally throw my Mickey and Minnie silverware out the portholes trying to revive the little sucker.

What was shocking and unexpected to me was when I went to deck 12 last week about 7am and there was a man lying in a pool of blood. As I approached the stairs to go up from deck 11, I noticed CM's running. I initially thought that someone had gone overboard, but luckily that wasn't the case. I then proceeded to go up and saw a man motionless on the ground with a lot of blood around his head and on his face. It appears that he had a seizure and hit something as he fell. It looked really bad, but he was ok. I saw him the next day walking around with a bandaged hand and he seemed fine. :thumbsup2 And seeing our ship pick up 2 stranded people was unexpected too. We had an eventful cruise.

I was in the spa, waiting to get my facial, and there was a man around 70 yrs old standing in the door way of the men's locker room.....naked. Let me tell you, this I could have gone my whole life not seeing. When I booked a cruise on the Wonder, this was not what I was expecting. I mean this was across the women's locker room, and you have to pass it to get to the gym. I would say, at lease 5 people went by. All I can say is nasty.

On a flight from London to Barcelona for the WBTA last year, there was a very loud British family (older mom and dad, 20-something son and daughter) that made an impression on us as soon as they boarded the plane. The mother and daughter were pleasant but very boisterous (the type you really don't want to sit by). I don't think the son ever said a word. They were seated a few rows behind us, so we were treated to their "family dynamics" for much of the flight. Fast forward, and who boards the ship with us? Of course. During our two week sailing, the daughter was quite visible and seemed to enjoy making a spectacle of herself (but not in a mean or rude way).

One day, as DH and I were delivering FE gifts, we stopped to speak with another Disser who "caught" us in the hallway. Just then, the father of the British family comes out of the cabin across the hall. We exchange pleasantries, and he moves on. A few minutes later, the mother opens the door, looking for the father. The daughter then appears, wrapped only in a towel. The mother retreats, but the daughter steps out into the hall to join our conversation. She makes a joke about just having showered and proceeds to adjust her towel, opening it fully at one point. My DH, who was standing directly in front of her, almost choked; I missed the "show", since I was standing off to the side. The mother then came back out and insisted she go get dressed.

For the rest of the cruise, she was known to our family as the "Naked British Girl" or NBG. One of our tablemates was a very attractive young man traveling with his GF and other family. When we shared our story at dinner one night, he knew exactly who we were talking about, because she had blatantly propositioned him! It was actually very funny, and we still talk about her when we think of that cruise. Ahhh, memories! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

EPCOTatNight said:
What was shocking and unexpected to me was when I went to deck 12 last week about 7am and there was a man lying in a pool of blood. As I approached the stairs to go up from deck 11, I noticed CM's running. I initially thought that someone had gone overboard, but luckily that wasn't the case. I then proceeded to go up and saw a man motionless on the ground with a lot of blood around his head and on his face. It appears that he had a seizure and hit something as he fell. It looked really bad, but he was ok. I saw him the next day walking around with a bandaged hand and he seemed fine. :thumbsup2 And seeing our ship pick up 2 stranded people was unexpected too. We had an eventful cruise.

What cruise were you on ?

When leaving from the Hyatt, meeting in the lobby, I saw a fight between a hubby and wife in front of us. It wasn't shocking, but ackward and embarrassing. I felt bad for the man. He was getting reamed. He forgot a form. I just elbowed my hubby and said, "see, it could be worse!" :rotfl2:

I had to see them the entire trip. :duck:

Since we were first time cruisers, this was unexpected...

Our server brought us out 5 desserts for just DH and I! Apparently he thought we needed to try them all.

Lady at CC with teeny bikini, who never heard of a bikini trim and was quite furry. Looked like a French Poodle with an eye-patch.:eek:

HA!!!!!! I wasn’t going to post mine but since you did it first... I had and experience like that on the upper deck of the Quiet Cove on the Dream. The bikini wasn’t small but the lady was "breaching" on both sides.

Poodle with an eye patch... classic! :rotfl2:

On our second or third (maybe fourth) cruise we came back to our room after dinner and the show. We were on deck 8 at the front of the Magic. Our room had the normal night time turndown look. Dim lights, towel monkey hanging, curtains drawn. We put on our jammies and then I heard a funny sound. I told my DH and dd to shhhhh and then I opened up the curtains and there was a coast guard helicopter hovering about 5 feet directly in front of out veranda! It was so close I could have reached out and touched it. It was there to lift someone off the forward deck with a basket. It took quite a while but we ended up running upstairs in our jammies to watch. Never expected that when I flung those curtains open!

Hi there,
Whilst we all have our little foibales, these babies are weird, something is amiss with these people. I saw a lady holding a very large bear on the 2011 Westbound Transatlantic well we saw the bear everywhere and in Tortola one of the near tablemates explained that the crew had gotten into trouble because they hadn't served the bear quickly enough. OH YES it got a meal each meal time. We saw the lady in tons of photos with said bear, I thought it was for someone with additional needs or something similar, no, she was just BARKING !! It takes all sorts.

You have got to love the thread, our own little mishap was when my sister ,41, was sunbathing with Don Ducky Williams at the adult pool on the WBTA 2010, her first Disney cruise. I took a few general pictures of us all on to realise she was having a wardrobe slip and exposing herself to all and sundry, being a good brother I left never said a word and showed her the evidence later. She didn't bat an eyelid. However we no longer speak!!

This is the best thread I have ever read! Sadly in 4 DCL Cruises I have nothing to share. Hopefully in Sept I will!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter