Ever heard of a - car seat swap?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by DisneyDreamer0610, Feb 16, 2013.

1. DisneyDreamer0610

DisneyDreamer0610 Earning My Ears

I'm going to Disney in June 2013...I am buying a stroller to take through the airports with my 2 year old along with all our luggage...I REALLY don't want to bring a car seat through the airport as well...is there such a thing as a...car seat swap? :confused3:scratchin

A standard car seat for toddlers can be purchased from walmart for like $35-$55..and the cost of reserving and renting a car seat through the rental company is $75 + tax...I absolutely HATE spending more than I have to if I can find ANY other way to save...so splitting the cost with just 1 other family for a cheap car seat from Walmart sounds like a REALLY smart way to go if it can be worked out....anyone know if this thing is common or exists? Anyone want to point me in the right direction? :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. xmansmom13

xmansmom13 Earning My Ears

I haven't heard of a car seat swap however if you google renting baby gear in Fl. There are several companies that you can rent from for your stay. Not sure if they will drop off at the airport but they are typically cheaper then what the rental car company is going to charge you.

4. Shelly F - Ohio

Shelly F - Ohio Disney Extraordinaire

I would shy away from a swap. You never know if the car seat was ever in an accident. Not worth risking it.

5. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

I think the big issue is that you would have to do the swap at the airport and there is no Bell Services there to hold it for the next guy.

6. jmartinez1895

jmartinez1895 DIS Veteran

I too would be hesitant to swap a car seat as you do not know the history of it. It could have been in an acident or it might be expired or recalled. Are you a member of AAA or some other type of company. Right now AAA members get a free child seat with car rental. If not then I would just bite the bullet and bring my own. you can often curb side check it or you can take it to he counter and check it so you would not have to lug it all the way to your gate. Toys R us has special bags that you can buy for strollers and car seats to keep them clean under the plane and to help protect them.

7. ccgirl

ccgirl DIS Veteran

Not sure a lot of people would want to do this. I bring the car seats and have my toddler sit in it on the plane. They always seemed more comfortable and safer. I wore the car seat on my back like a backpack (with the back of the car seat against my back) and i really wasn't that inconvenient. Just an idea to save money.