Ever had to decide between a Disney and Non-Disney vacation?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Casey's Mommie, Sep 6, 2013.

1. CAFarmerGirl

CAFarmerGirl Mouseketeer

Haha...we even took our son to LV when he was 1; I was also pregnant. and we were poor. We also don't gamble with more than a few dollars. Uh, yeah, that was a bit of a waste. :) I just had to see it, though! I could see enjoying it with hubby, though...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyJamieCA

DisneyJamieCA DIS Veteran

Oh we've taken the kids, too. That's why I don't feel so guilty going without them ;)

4. Phoenixrising

Phoenixrising Mouseketeer

Sometimes you have to decide what's important, a trip or bills. Our situation is one of them. We had a choice of keeping some money aside for bills or fly the family to a wedding. The trip to the wedding won out, but it's driving me insane planning that trip, as we return 14 hrs before I leave on my solo trip to DL in Nov. I personally enjoy traveling without the kids, as I'm a stay at home mom, who every 2 to 3 years takes a well needed vacation without the family. After the insane year we've had, I deserve some alone time without the kids.

5. Susie63

Susie63 Dreamin' of Disney

After our first trip to DL in 2010 we were hooked. We don't sit in the sun, so beach holidays are out. I can walk for a long time, but only on level surfaces.
    Sitting around on a holiday is out because we like to be busy and explore.
    Disney is a perfect fit for our holiday style.
    We do go to Nova Scotia every 2 years, to see my family, but I can't think of any other place in North America where I would want to go.
    However, since DD is in Jr.high this year, we are going to have to change our travel times. We did buy AP's for our 12 day trip in February this year and we will visit the resort 3 times, but it will cost us $4800 for flights for the 3 trips.....$5000 for hotels and food on top of that.....so we are done for a few years.....and we are eating Kraft dinner everyday:rotfl2: