evening entertainment

Pudding mum

Earning My Ears
we check in Saturdy :cool1: for our first visit!!
We will be staying at Pop. we are thinking of visiting other resorts in the evening and just wondered which resorts have what entertaiment for families that are worth seeing
thanks guys :grouphug:

Hi @pudding mum!

I like to watch the torch lighting ceremony with fire dancer around 6 or 6:30 pm at Polynesian (right outside the Great Ceremonial House.) You can also see the Electrical Water Pageant (usually around 9pm) and Wishes fireworks (scheduled for 10 pm this Sat.) from the beach there.

Yehaa Bob performs at Port Orleans-Riverside Resort. Schedule here:
http://www.yehaabob.com
The first show is family oriented.

I also like to stroll along the Boardwalk and see the entertainers there. Sometimes there are carnival games set up. Love that area at night. You can also rent a surrey at Boardwalk Resort and pedal around Crescent Lake.

I second the Boardwalk area. We've seen some very fun entertainers in the evenings. My 21 year old DS still has a stuffed animal in his room here (didn't take it to college thankfully) that he won at a carnival game on the Boardwalk when he was around 12.

Yee-hah Bob at POR in the lounge in the Main Building; you can take a resort bus to DTD and then take the water taxi over to POR. He is there Wednesday through Saturday from 8:00 pm to midnight.

If you have a special occasion, he will announce it to the group for you.

Elliot Dyson at POFQ is great - he plays Wed thru Sat nights. He sings, plays 4 different saxes (soprano, alto, tenor and bass), flute, steel drums, keyboard, guitar, and electronic wind instrument. He loves kids (will usually do a song just for them) and is very personable - so good that a lot of locals go there in the evening. We always go see him no matter where we are staying - even if we go to the other side (Universal hotels). Brought our grandchildren (ages 6 thru 14) and they liked him . In fact, our FL grandkids want to see him each time they go to Disney and plan an evening at POFQ each trip.
http://www.elliotdyson.com/

The resorts offer movies under the stars so you might want to check and see if they are offering it today. We went to one last year at BC and had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter