Evening EMH

dr&momto2boys

DIS Veteran
Are the wait times really good during evening EMH? We're WDW vets but have only done morning EMH. We love the first hour in parks with virtually no wait (as long as we head to the main attraction first.)

We're planning to do DHS EMH 7pm-9pm in September. What's the best strategy and likely wait times for the 5 rides? Can we do them all in 2 hours with child swap for the 3 with height restrictions?

How about MK evening 11pm-1am on a Saturday in September. Just my DH and DS will do this. Is it basically walk on for everything? Is everything open?

OK, I do see some rides/attractions close earlier than EMH, but it looks like not many (railroad, TS Island, Riverboat, Main Street vehicles).

How about MK evening 11pm-1am on a Saturday in September. Just my DH and DS will do this. Is it basically walk on for everything?

The later the EMH, the fewer the guests.

After 10:30-11:00PM, there will be shorter lines at MK.
The 12M to 1AM hour will offer much shorter lines.

OK, I do see some rides/attractions close earlier than EMH, but it looks like not many (railroad, TS Island, Riverboat, Main Street vehicles).

Correct. (Although the Main Street vehicles will stop running at about NOON (give or take) everyday, anyway.)

MK evening EMH are my favorite! 12-1AM can still have more crowds than you think, but the lines are better! MK at night is beautiful and worth the late night touring.

I still enjoy MK late at night, but the drop off in wait times isn't what it used to be when evening EMH was longer. I think the days of walking on Space Mountain late at night are long gone. The main advantage now seems to be that there are no FP+ returns so the standby lines move more quickly.

One essential tip I've gotten here that needs to be passed on - the posted wait times are inflated late in the day, sometimes quite dramatically. We got line for Anna & Elsa at 11:00ish on a night when their meet & greet closed at 11:30 and the park closed at midnight. It was posted at 50 minutes but we'd done everything else we wanted to do and they were can't miss so I didn't mind spending the last bit of the night on it. By 11:20 we were out the door and on our way for one more ride on Small World and Haunted Mansion before calling it a night. We've run into that elsewhere too; I'm not sure I've ever seen the posted wait at Space Mountain at less than 40 minutes, even when it was such a short wait that we were riding over and over.

We also use the E Morning Hours but this trip will be using the Extra Evening Hours at MK. It closes at 2:00 and I really looking forward to walking around the park at night!

I have never done DHS EMH, but I asked a question about it last week, and the consensus was that especially when it only lasts until 9 or 10, it remains very crowded until the end.

I have never done DHS EMH, but I asked a question about it last week, and the consensus was that especially when it only lasts until 9 or 10, it remains very crowded until the end.

Ahhh, too bad. Good to know. Maybe we won't do it then. We have a very good time for the first few hours of the day and can knock out the rides pretty fast then. We're spoiled by short lines with good planning.

We were in MK last week till 2am and I was surprised how crowded it was. So many people pushing sleeping babies in strollers. We usually do the morning EMH and I feel like we get more done in the morning. We did have fun being in the MK that late though. It was also so hot during the day, so being there at night was a lot better.

Last edited:
Ahhh, too bad. Good to know. Maybe we won't do it then. We have a very good time for the first few hours of the day and can knock out the rides pretty fast then. We're spoiled by short lines with good planning.
The problem with EMH at HS is that there are so few rides, so you get big crowds who go because of EMH, but there's not enough rides to disperse the crowds, like you have at MK.

The problem with EMH at HS is that there are so few rides, so you get big crowds who go because of EMH, but there's not enough rides to disperse the crowds, like you have at MK.

Virtually everyone (who does not have a young child with them) will be lined up at RnRC, ToT and TSM.

That late?
Wow!

;)
My granddaughter, 12, really wanted to stay till 2:00pm. (So did I) It was fun, just more crowded than I thought it would be. We rode BTMRR over and over with just a very short wait. The SDMT still had a long line at 1:45.

Sorry, I mean 2am!! I'm on cold meds and not thinking straight.

Last edited:
My granddaughter, 12, really wanted to stay till 2:00pm. (So did I) It was fun, just more crowded than I thought it would be. We rode BTMRR over and over with just a very short wait. The SDMT still had a long line at 1:45.
I think you mean 2 AM, not pm. :)

Correct. (Although the Main Street vehicles will stop running at about NOON (give or take) everyday, anyway.)

Is there any rhyme or reason as to when the MSV close exactly? It seems pretty hit or miss, and they sometimes put them up and then bring them out again. I would assume congestion on Main Street would be part of it.

Same with Epcot. If you miss Illuminations you can probably get a lot more done, but we barely had time to ride Soarin' and Test Track in the hour and 45 minutes after Illuminations. We came back the next morning and probably could have accomplished the same thing in 45 minutes instead of an hour and 45 minutes.

Is there any rhyme or reason as to when the MSV close exactly?
1. It seems pretty hit or miss, and they sometimes put them up and then bring them out again.
2. I would assume congestion on Main Street would be part of it.

1. Yup.
2. Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter