Evening Adult Avtivities. Trivia contest, Match Your Mate reviews?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MaleficentRN, Apr 12, 2012.

1. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

Has anyone done any of there? I see there are a few on the old Navigators and are wondering if they'd be any fun. How about the 80's Music Trivia contest?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Chirple

Chirple Mouseketeer

My DH and I did the sports trivia and the movie trivia, and I did the '80s music trivia. All 3 were a lot of fun, and we worked with total strangers on all of them. Some other guests play much more seriously than the rest, and I think I actually saw some of these people at dinner quizzing each other.

We've also done the shows geared towards the adults. Hit or miss. Have not done the Match Your Mate, but I did watch from the audience on one of our cruises.

4. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

I never miss Match Your Mate. It's always sooo funny! Last time I watched the newlywed couple cheat (it was so funny and obvious) and they still lost :lmao:

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Match Your Mate is really fun to watch. The trivia depends largely on the group of people participating. Magic Quest (family or adult) can also be great fun.

6. MaleficentRN

MaleficentRN DIS Veteran

Thanks! :thumbsup2 We both enjoy Quizzo and I was looking to see if there was something onboard we could both do. I'm no good at sports and he's no good at movies. 80's music we can do together. That and 70's TV sitcoms. :rotfl:

7. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Match Your Mate is HILARIOUS.

8. scrapbookingpro

scrapbookingpro DIS Veteran

We played a lot of Trivia and always had a blast, though we are super competitive.

Match Your Mate is always really funny. Magic Quest (or Wonder Quest) is our favorite. We had a BLAST playing that and we make it a point to play every time we sail. We have won 3 times, lol :)

9. guarn3md

guarn3md DIS Veteran

My DH and I spent a lot of time in the adult area at night on our recent Dream cruise. We had an adjoining room with my parents and it was really easy to open the door between after our 10 year old was asleep and pop up to Evolutions or 687, etc... We enjoyed the many activities they had there every night. There was an adult magic/illusion show, match your mate and the last night the CM's put on a funny skit - "If I were not upon the sea" - HILARIOUS!!! I had to keep reminding myself that I was on a Disney ship!
    Have fun!!
    Debbie

10. OrcaPotter

OrcaPotter Lucky to be local to the Mouse

My only complaint was that my Dream cruise wasn't long enough for me to do everything! :thumbsup2 Match Your Mate was definitely my favorite adult offering. They definitely don't play it down just because you're on Disney!

11. jlowejd5

jlowejd5 DIS Veteran

We were the "newlywed" couple on our honeymoon cruise six years ago. We were good, but we got stomped by the "old-timer" couple who were awesome. They remembered every detail of their first date 40-some years later. Lavelle and his wife from Cleveland Heights. I'll always remember that.

On our last cruise, our friends were the "new" couple. Interestingly enough, they got picked even as a same-sex couple, without a bit of hesitation by the people running the event. They didn't win, either, but had a great deal of fun.

12. Disney Dreams

Disney Dreams Proudly afflicted with TDMA!

Done them all. Love them. We are two adults with no kids. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to address them.

80s Music Trivia was fun --- especially when a cruiser got in a -- umm - heated debate with Trent (Asst. Cruise Director who runs the adult programs) over a disagreement of what one specific song was.

Trivia, tastings, game shows, adult show, loved it all.

Staring out a window on the ocean/sea, sipping a cocktail, and trying to recall 80s song titles. Not a shabby way to spend an hour. :wizard:

- Dreams

13. diznymom

diznymom Mouseketeer

? - Do you get charged to play these games, or are they free to play?

Just working on budget for cruise.

TIA

14. minniemouse86

minniemouse86 Mouseketeer

We love watching Match your Mate. Always a few good laughs:lmao: Have played the 80s trivia and that was fun too. I am just happy to sit, relax, have a drink or two... and not worry about anything :cool2:

15. scrapbookingpro

scrapbookingpro DIS Veteran

All the games are free! :goodvibes

16. momof2disprincesses

momof2disprincesses I love my INCREDIBLE family!!!

We were on the April 1 Dream and played Movie Quote Trivia. It was a blast, even though we didn't win (by far).

17. crimson_savvy

crimson_savvy Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what there is to do for 18+/"college aged" cruisers?