"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

What a bummer about your nails! You did a good job on your own though!

Sounds like a great night before vacation!

Yay! I jumped on The Dis today to kill time before my mother/daughter trip starts tonight and found your trip report to tide me over. I'm excited to follow along!

Going to read along as I remember. I am doing a TR and getting ready for another trip to Disney so busy. I can't wait to see how you and your mom get along. I tried a trip with my mom a few years ago and it was a disaster. She HATES Disney.

Day 0: “In Every Job that Must be Done, There is an Element of Fun!”

Oh, and by the way, be prepared for lots of Disney quotes in this TR :earboy2: I am a Disney movie connoisseur and pretty much know all of them by heart! I thought that it would be fun to make every single chapter title in my TR a different Disney quote! Let me know your favorite inspirational Disney quotes in the comments, I'd love to hear them :goodvibes

Coming Soon- Day 1: Part 1- "Second Star to the Right, Then Straight on Till Morning!"

What a fun idea! Loving it :).

You'll get to see mine soon! It's on Thursday. I got the day off work so I'll put it in when I write my TR.

Same

View attachment 194204

Ugh super light and clearish color polishes always come out so awful :sad2:

Much better!

I do this too, but then I want to take everything :rotfl: But I did better this time. Also on a side note I use the same shampoo :thumbsup2 Except on the trip when I bought Garnier Frutis minis to take with us.

:hyper:

Haha #shampootwins! It's funny you say that, I brought Garnier Fructis minis along with me last year! But I went through them in like, a day, because I have so much hair :rotfl2: So looking forward to seeing your day-before-you-leave day! :banana: You're so close!!

Hi Molly! I enjoyed your last trip report and looking forward to this one.

I also work with special needs students. I'm an LRE teacher at a high school in Northwest Indiana, a little less than an hour outside of Chicago. I work with students with mild learning disabilities. I love my job, too.

I enjoy the anticipation on the day before a Disney trip, too!

Kind of off topic, but we had a cat named Molly for almost 14 years and she was the best cat ever. It was heartbreaking when we had to put her to sleep.

Hi Annie and :welcome: Thanks for the kind words :) I love working with children with special needs, it's so rewarding! And awwww, I'm so sorry about your cat. :hug: I can't imagine how hard it is to put your pet to sleep. Lots of people have told me that I have the same name as their pet, and I take it as a total compliment because I love animals!

What a bummer about your nails! You did a good job on your own though!

Sounds like a great night before vacation!

Thank you!! It was, I could barely sit still! :crazy:

Yay! I jumped on The Dis today to kill time before my mother/daughter trip starts tonight and found your trip report to tide me over. I'm excited to follow along!

:welcome: and thank you! That's awesome that you're doing a mother-daughter trip as well!! Have so much fun girl!! princess:

Going to read along as I remember. I am doing a TR and getting ready for another trip to Disney so busy. I can't wait to see how you and your mom get along. I tried a trip with my mom a few years ago and it was a disaster. She HATES Disney.

:welcome: and thank you! How fun that you get to go back so soon! I'm lucky that my mom loves Disney, we're kindred spirits that way :cutie:

Following. The Grand Floridian has been on our WDW bucket list forever.

:welcome: and thanks! It was on our bucket list too! The GF is a must-do; it's absolutely spectacular!! :flower1:

What a fun idea! Loving it :).

Thank you so much!! I figure I'm not the only Disney nerd here, so why not? :thumbsup2 :mickeyjum

Following along. Some of my favourite holidays have been mother/daughter trips, so I'm excited to hear about yours!

Two big reasons I'm following along too:
  1. You're a fellow Cheesehead!
  2. Our 12-year old Cocker Spaniel is named Molly! (I wouldn't have mentioned this if you didn't already say that you take it as a compliment when someone tells you that.)
Now I have to go back and read your last TR!

I actually meant to bring minis last year and brought conditioner but forgot shampoo :rotfl:

Following along. Some of my favourite holidays have been mother/daughter trips, so I'm excited to hear about yours!

:welcome: and thank you very much!! :)

Two big reasons I'm following along too:
  1. You're a fellow Cheesehead!
  2. Our 12-year old Cocker Spaniel is named Molly! (I wouldn't have mentioned this if you didn't already say that you take it as a compliment when someone tells you that.)
Now I have to go back and read your last TR!

:welcome: Yay!!! Cheeseheads unite! The Green Bay Packers are just the best team in the NFL, no contest there ;) And haha, that's awesome! I do know that I definitely have a "dog name," but I think it's cool to hear about other people's Mollys :) Thanks for reading!

I actually meant to bring minis last year and brought conditioner but forgot shampoo :rotfl:

Haha, I bet your hair was super silky and smooth at least :rotfl:

CBC1876F-3EFB-4279-8B19-BE5AFEF5D057_zps3er81ng3.gif

Day 1: Part 1- “Second Star to the Right, Then Straight on Till Morning!”

Where we last left off, I had just gone to bed with visions of Disney World dancing in my head!

I was so happy when my countdown turned to zero!

At the bright and early hour of 4:45 AM, I hear my iPhone start to buzz. The day is finally here!! The day I have been counting down to since March! So what do I do??

Press the snooze button and go back to sleep. Naturally. :rotfl:

Hey, don’t judge me. I was really tired! :laughing:

Luckily, my alarm went off again ten minutes later, and I hopped right out of bed! I met my mom in the hallway and she exclaimed that she had only gotten an hour of sleep :scared1: This is quite typical for my mom; she usually pulls all-nighters before we leave on trips so that she can get all of her work done in time for us to go. But, Disney is quite a different story...we’re not relaxing on a beach in Mexico! Disney is go go go!

After packing some last minute items, we loaded everything into the car. My dad was super nice and drove us to the airport and back so that we could save some money. He helped us put our suitcases in the trunk, then we took our annual photo :cutie:

We didn’t leave the house until about 5:45 AM, which was a bit later than we had planned. One thing that you must know about my mom is that she is the most pokey person I have ever met. Bless her heart, she is such a procrastinator and is always late! Of course, I am on the opposite end of the spectrum; I am always early and take deadlines very seriously. Needless to say, this morning, I was practically shoving her out the door!

Finally, we were on the road! We were about ten minutes into the drive when all of a sudden, my mom uttered an expletive that's not appropriate for the Disboards :rolleyes1 When I asked what was wrong, she answered “We forgot our cooling towels!!”

If you read my PTR, you’ll know that we bought two nifty cooling towels from the Wisconsin State Fair. Supposedly, they were super absorbent and stayed cool for hours! We were so excited to use them, but it was too late to turn back! So, we cut our losses and had a good laugh about it :lmao:

About 15 minutes later, we were pulling into the General Mitchell International Airport. Milwaukee’s airport is awesome; it is on the small side, very clean, and easy to navigate with great shops. Check-in and security went off without a hitch. Our bags were only about 45 pounds each, so we still had plenty of wiggle room for souvenirs!

We got to the gate at about 6:40 AM, and we still had some time before boarding to grab a quick breakfast. I had a hankering for a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, but sadly, there was no Starbucks to be found. So, after weighing our options, we decided to get Auntie Anne’s. This turned out to be an amazing decision :thumbsup2

I ordered a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on a pretzel bun while my mom ordered bacon cheddar pretzel bites. Both of our meals were sooo good! They hit the spot and were just enough to hold us over throughout the plane ride. Note to self; never underestimate Auntie Anne’s! They always come in clutch when you need them ::yes:: The guy making our food was also super friendly and was chatting with us about Disney World while he made the pretzels. He told us that his two must-eat restaurants were Mama Melrose’s and Crystal Palace. He was shocked when we said that we didn’t have ADRs at either of them :rotfl2:

After enjoying our breakfasts, we waited for ages to board!! Well, really, it was only 20 minutes, but it felt like so much longer!!

Obligatory MagicBand Snapchat :)

I had gone online 24 hours in advance to check us in early, since we were flying Southwest. Even though I pressed the button exactly when the clock turned 7:20, we were still in the B boarding group :confused3 But, we still had plenty of seat options to choose from! We decided to sit in row 22!

Our flight was very smooth and actually went by quickly! You could tell that the main flight attendant loved her job; she was always cracking funny jokes and puns during the flight! My mom slept for the whole plane ride since she had such a late night the night before. Another thing you guys must know about my mom: she can fall asleep anytime, anywhere. Seriously, there could be a nuclear war going on and she could fall asleep in five seconds. It’s a talent that I’m very jealous of :coffee:

While my mom slept, I kept myself busy by doing crossword puzzles from my People Magazine Puzzler book and listening to music. In no time at all, we were descending into Orlando International Airport!

Whee!!

We landed at 10:45 AM and taxied for a bit before stopping at the gate. The weather was a bit overcast, but very warm and humid! Perfect!

After disembarking, we took a quick bathroom trip. My mom ended up running into one of her coworkers in the airport bathroom! We couldn’t believe that we had already ran into someone barely 5 minutes into our trip!

Soon, we were on our way to the fake-o-rail! It’s such a tease but definitely gets you ready for the real thing.

On our way, we saw a random 2 year-old boy literally stand up in his stroller, lean back, and tip over to the ground. My mom and I tried to rush to catch him, but it was like everything happened in slow motion! Luckily, the boy was completely fine. The parents had their backs turned the entire time and didn’t even notice anything had happened! My mom and I walked away practically cry-laughing; it was just such a cartoonish way to fall! It was definitely a funny way to start out the trip!

After a fun (yet wobbly) fake-o-rail ride, we had the daunting task of trying to navigate MCO and find Disney’s Magical Express! But wait, do we see Starbucks?!

*cue angels singing*

Mom and I were parched (do plane rides make anybody else thirsty or just us?), so we decided to stop for some tea. My mom took a business call while I ordered the drinks. A Jade Citrus Mint Tea for Mom, and a Peach Green Tea Lemonade for me!

Our drinks in hand, we headed over to Disney’s Magical Express!

Or so we thought.

Well, naturally, we got lost like we always do, so we had to backtrack the way we came until we finally reached Terminal B. My mom let me do the honors of scanning the first MagicBand of the trip! We were sent to Line 2, which was off to the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian resorts.

We waited about 20 minutes in line, which is about how long we waited last year as well. There were lots of flights getting in around this time, so late morning must just be a popular arrival time! There were two boys in our line completely dressed up as Woody and Buzz from Toy Story, it was absolutely precious :love:

As we boarded DME, it started to sprinkle, but the clouds looked light so we weren’t too worried. We left MCO promptly at noon, jumping in our seats! On the bus ride, we watched the cute DME videos and snacked on chocolate covered pretzels. As if on cue, the rain magically stopped as soon as we passed through the main gates to WDW! Pixie dust at it’s finest!

We made a quick stop at the Polynesian Village Resort, and then at 12:45, we were arriving at our home for the next 6 nights; the spectacular Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Coming Soon- Day 1: Part 2- “Unbelievable Sights! Indescribable Feeling!”

Last edited:
I never knew Auntie Anne's had breakfast sandwiches but they sound delicious!

We're leaving tomorrow I'm so excited :hyper:

That's too bad you forgot your cooling towels. No matter how hard I try, it seems I always forget something.

Your breakfast sandwich sounded delish!

Cute pic of your magic bands. Am I the only person who overthinks magic band colors? There's so many options that I like!

Glad to hear I'm not the only person who gets turned around at MCO. I have a good sense of direction, but that place makes me feel like an idiot every time I'm there.

Ah I'm sorry you left behind the cooling towels!

Glad it was a smooth flight! Isn't it always the best feeling when you land and you have those excited butterflies in your stomach?!

I just booked a Mother/Daughter trip for my Daughter and I for next year at Grand Floridan. I can't wait to follow along with your trip report. Thanks so much for sharing!

Great TR so far!!::yes:: Can't wait to read more!! :goodvibes

Keeps me going until our next trip in Nov. :woohoo:

It is always so exciting on arrival to the ME and then the resort, looking forward to your first thoughts of the "Grand" GF.

Wait, Auntie Anne's has breakfast sandwiches?? That is awesome! I know the one in our mall doesn't :( Now my goal is to find the closest one that does lol!
I actually love the fake-o-rail, it's when I first think "whee, we're here!" And I look outside and just "feel" Florida :goodvibes

Following along! We were there Sept 3-10, and we stayed at BC. Our flight arrived in MCO at 8:30am, and DME was completely empty! We never waited in a line, we walked right onto the bus and the bus left. It was the quickest we've ever gone through that process! I guess you arrived at a popular time!

I never knew Auntie Anne's had breakfast sandwiches but they sound delicious!

We're leaving tomorrow I'm so excited :hyper:

We didn't either!!! It was a nice surprise! ::yes::

Ahh shoot!! I was gone this weekend and completely missed this!! Hope you're having so much fun, girlfraaand! :woohoo:

That's too bad you forgot your cooling towels. No matter how hard I try, it seems I always forget something.

Your breakfast sandwich sounded delish!

Cute pic of your magic bands. Am I the only person who overthinks magic band colors? There's so many options that I like!

Glad to hear I'm not the only person who gets turned around at MCO. I have a good sense of direction, but that place makes me feel like an idiot every time I'm there.

Haha right?! We always forget something too! The breakfast sandwich was so good! Definitely better than the ones from Starbucks ;)

Thanks! And absolutely not! I had to change my mom's MagicBand Color over 5 times before she finally settled on purple :rotfl: So you are definitely not alone :thumbsup2

Ah I'm sorry you left behind the cooling towels!

Glad it was a smooth flight! Isn't it always the best feeling when you land and you have those excited butterflies in your stomach?!

Best feeling in the world :goodvibes And we actually didn't need them as much as we thought, so it turned out to be totally fine!

I just booked a Mother/Daughter trip for my Daughter and I for next year at Grand Floridan. I can't wait to follow along with your trip report. Thanks so much for sharing!

:welcome: How awesome!! I'm so excited for you guys :) And THANK YOU so much for reading!! :)

Great TR so far!!::yes:: Can't wait to read more!! :goodvibes

Keeps me going until our next trip in Nov. :woohoo:

Thank you!! Ahhh, so awesome! I've never been in November before, you get to see the Christmas decorations! :hyper: So jealous!

Wait, Auntie Anne's has breakfast sandwiches?? That is awesome! I know the one in our mall doesn't :( Now my goal is to find the closest one that does lol!
I actually love the fake-o-rail, it's when I first think "whee, we're here!" And I look outside and just "feel" Florida :goodvibes

That was our reaction too! We were planning on just getting cinnamon-sugar pretzels (those count as breakfast, right?!) but when we saw those, I had to get one!

I love the fake-o-rail too!! The best thing on the way there, worst thing on the way back ;) Although it's quite unstable, some of those wobbles had me nervous :rotfl:

Following along! We were there Sept 3-10, and we stayed at BC. Our flight arrived in MCO at 8:30am, and DME was completely empty! We never waited in a line, we walked right onto the bus and the bus left. It was the quickest we've ever gone through that process! I guess you arrived at a popular time!

:welcome: Thanks for reading :) That's awesome that you were there at the exact same time as us! We looooove BC :lovestruc Ah, that's great that you didn't have to wait for DME! I tried to get the earliest flight I could, but gaining an hour because of the time zone sometimes hurts in that regard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter