Even More Fun With Dick & Kaz ~ The Tortolly Tropical Pre-trip report: UPDATED AGAIN!

I totally understand, we are on the verge of cancelling too. I was comparing other cruiselines last week - I checked NCL and it was a third of the price that we are paying DCL for the same cabin type & an almost identical route!
We found that we could upgrade to concierge with access to a private deck for less than half the cost of the DCL cruise!!! :faint: I just can't justify that kind of expense and even tho' we're now considering other options, I think that sealed it's fate...
TBH I think we are going to cancel & see what they do with the new ships. ;)
I think that's a great idea... :goodvibes :thumbsup2

...We have got MNSSHP tickets for 11th - so if you & Dick do decide to go we could meet up for a drink at one of the monorail resorts beforehand?
Definitely!!! :thumbsup2 I'll keep you posted...

:sad1: :sad1: :Looks like Dad and I will have to keep the DIS UK flag flying. :goodvibes
I am genuinely sorry about that, David. The thought of not meeting up with all the wonderful DISers is the only downside to our decision... :sad2:

...I do know what you both mean, but neither Dad or I fancy the short cruises or the places they go to so this is probably our one and only shot at a Disney cruise.
Then it's probably perfect for you guys! :thumbsup2 I think if we hadn't cruised DCL before we wouldn't hesitate...

...Haanyway...back to the trip at hand. :thumbsup2
Right you are... :rolleyes1

How did i miss this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your plans Karen, my birthday is on Sept 10th so i will think of you having dinner at the wave ( you lucky lady)

I hope you enjoy BLT as well :cool1:

Hi Kaz, awesome report. I want to know more about your DCL vow renewal. Tell me everything. What did you do? What things did you pick out? Do you have pictures. Could you give me a general ballpark figure as to what costs were involved? Aside from the cruise costs that is. We'll be celebrating our 19th anniversary on this cruise and would like to renew on DCL for our 25th also. It's never too soon to start planning and saving.

btw, If you decide to do the Emerald Beach on Tortola, me and John will keep you and Dick company coz that's what we'll be doing.

One more thing, CHAMPAGNE GIRLS RULE and I can't wait to have our party!
:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::banana::banana:

Looks like another amazing trip you've got planned Kaz :) Can't wait for another ABC trip report on this one!

The Baileys Bushwacker looks absolutely lethal!

sounds like a fantastic trip :thumbsup2

Hi Kaz, awesome report. I want to know more about your DCL vow renewal. Tell me everything. What did you do? What things did you pick out? Do you have pictures. Could you give me a general ballpark figure as to what costs were involved? Aside from the cruise costs that is. We'll be celebrating our 19th anniversary on this cruise and would like to renew on DCL for our 25th also. It's never too soon to start planning and saving.

btw, If you decide to do the Emerald Beach on Tortola, me and John will keep you and Dick company coz that's what we'll be doing.

One more thing, CHAMPAGNE GIRLS RULE and I can't wait to have our party!
:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::banana::banana:

Deb, I can tell you most things. Here's a link to the trip report of our vow renewal... The cost has increased from when we did it - I think it's now $1900 but it was wonderful, unforgettable, worth every penny and we remember it all the time... :cloud9::love::cloud9:

Oh and you're absolutely right! CHAMPAGNE GIRLS DO RULE!!! Can't wait to raise a glass with you...

Not to wish your holiday away, but roll on September!

Great start, Karen. Thanks!

LOVE IT!!!

So glad I get to share this trip with you! :goodvibes

This morning our DCL booking window opened and despite sleeping through the 4.50am alarm, I managed to regain consciousness at around six and stumbled downstairs to fire up the laptop...

It took a while (my brain was MUSH!!!) but I checked in and added the following activities to my reservation without any problems...

Day 2: Well Being Massage for Richard @ 2pm...
Day 4: Tour to Virgin Gorda @ 12.30pm AND Palo Dinner @ 8pm...
Day 5: Skyride to Paradise Point - all day...
Day 6: Palo Brunch @ 11.30am AND Exotic Rasul @ 5pm... ;)
Day 7: Parasailing @ 9.30am AND Watercraft Ski Adventure @ 3pm...

105 days to go and counting... :dance3: party: :dance3:

:thumbsup2 All sounds great Karen, apart from having to get up at 4:50am to sort it all out. :eek:

Sounds like an amazing trip! Hopefully look forward to hearing about it first hand if we both attend the DIS meet on 22 Sept!! :thumbsup2

Wonderful start Karen - I will enjoy reading all about your cruise on the Magic as I am missing it so much right now! Reading other lucky people's trip reports is the best I can do for now!

I have now booked my pre-cruise ADRs using the online system which was an absolute breeze!!! :surfweb: I hadn't really given any thought to what we were doing prior to the cruise except to plan not to go to the parks!!! However, once I started looking at possible restaurants, I found I couldn't resist a peek at Tour Guide Mike and, of course, that scuppered the 'no parks' plan pretty quickly... So our revised itinerary is as follows...

Wednesday Sept 9th: OK, so let's assume we've crossed the Atlantic, been admitted to the USA, made our way to Bay Lake Towers and found the Lake View studio that is scheduled to be our home away from home for the next three nights. We've then dumped our bags, freshened up and headed out as I've broken with time-honoured Taylor tradition and booked a late first night ADR!!! :scared: Normally we raid the room service menu but I'm hoping we make it to this lovely restaurant and bar for a change...

9.25pm: The Wave... I've opted for the convenience of on-site and hopefully the lateness of the reservation will preempt any delays... Famous last words, methinks...

Thursday Sept 10th: Our first full day now sees us getting up and out to Animal Kingdom first thing intending to ride Expedition Everest and Dinosaur until the Yeti and the Carnotaurus beg for mercy... We'll probably return to the resort for some pool time before heading over to EPCOT for a couple of hours fun before our early evening ADR...

7pm: Bistro de Paris... A new dining experience for us and we're keen to try the Menu Degustation.

Post-dinner, we'll enjoy Illuminations before making our way back to Bay Lake Towers...

Friday Sept 11th: We're planning an early start as we want to get to Hollywood Studios and enjoy a little Toy Story Midway Mania!!! Not to mention a visit to that infamous Hollywood Tower Hotel... Ssssh, don't tell Dick, but I'm also intending to drag him into the American Idol attraction as last time he flatly refused - "It's just glorified karaoke!" I remember him saying scornfully. Just karaoke?? Just karaoke??? I still don't know what he meant by that...

Mmmm anyway, I think we'll stroll from DHS to the EPCOT resorts (specifically the Dolphin) and collect our hire car before heading back to the Contemporary and popping into the Magic Kingdom for a couple of hours. I'm hoping we can meet up with Claire (Pinky166) and her husband Lee at this point... We've decided to give MNSSHP a miss and opt for a more sedate evening enjoying something of a pre-anniversary celebration at our final ADR location...

7.55pm: California Grill... We haven't been here for about 5 years so very much looking forward to our final pre-cruise dinner! I have notified the restaurant that we are (to all intents and purposes) celebrating our 27th Wedding Anniversary on this visit so we'll see what transpires... I've chosen this restaurant as I hope we'll be able to see Hallowishes from here...

We'll make our way back to our studio and prepare for tomorrow's departure to Port Canaveral...

Kaz, we'll be nearby at Citrico's for dinner on Friday! Don't be surprised if you see us out there watching fireworks too. Think I'd better go take a peek at that schedule.

I think last year Hallowishes was at 9:30P

Your pre-cruise plans look great Karen :thumbsup2

Are we going to get a Dubai trip report ? I'd love to see some pics ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!