Even Miracles Take a Little Time -A March 2017 PTR-

:welcome: @Corrine 1973 :welcome:
I'm glad you found me! And YAY for 2017 trips! WDW through the eyes of a 2yr old is extra magical! DD1 still talks about her trip and that was 2 years ago. I don't know how much she will remember when she is older, but I will remember :sunny:.

Progress Update
Well, after the price increases that were announced the other day I did some more number crunching on our ticket options (AFS with 1d vs. 5dPH w/ military discount.) After seeing that the difference wasn't that much between the two options and then going over some of the other pros and cons, DH and I decided to change plans and go ahead and get the 5dPH with the military discount.

Here are some of the reasons the 5dPH won out:
- Don't need to be activated like the AFS tickets do, so that will save us some time to spend doing whatever we want on arrival day.
- Don't have to mess with having 2 tickets linked to our MDE account and trying to figure out which ticket is being used first, etc.
- There is no limit to how many you can buy at a time, no blackout dates, and no expiration date.
- Can buy now with 2015 prices and no taxes (bought on base)

So, I went up to our base ITT and bought our tickets today!!!!!! YAY!!!! We have tickets!!!!!
tumblr_o32e64JRtJ1v2etp2o1_500.gif

WOW! Cool that you have your tickets already! :flower1:It really makes it more real and closer to the actual trip!:car:

If it was me and I bought the tickets already, I would need to put them in a safe deposit box to keep them safe. That way I will always know where they are and not get lost. They would be safe from a fire, etc. too.

I might take a photo of them first so if I needed the information on them for any reason while planning.

WOW! Cool that you have your tickets already! :flower1:It really makes it more real and closer to the actual trip!:car:

If it was me and I bought the tickets already, I would need to put them in a safe deposit box to keep them safe. That way I will always know where they are and not get lost. They would be safe from a fire, etc. too.

I might take a photo of them first so if I needed the information on them for any reason while planning.
I know! It makes it seem so real!!! Now we just have to wait a year! I don't physically have the tickets. They had to be orderd, so they should be here sometime next week. They will definitely go in a safe place and pictures will be taken and they will be logged into MDE.

Just checking in. I am guessing that your tickets arrived and are safely put away.

Just checking in. I am guessing that your tickets arrived and are safely put away.
Yes! It has been a crazy couple days here and on top of that, my laptop died and I had to get a new one. So it has been a couple days since I have even been on here. I am in the process right now of restoring all my documents/pictures/music/etc... on my new laptop. Once everything is restored, I will double check that all my pre-planning stuff is still there. I hope so because I don't want to have to make my spreadsheets again!

Yes! It has been a crazy couple days here and on top of that, my laptop died and I had to get a new one. So it has been a couple days since I have even been on here. I am in the process right now of restoring all my documents/pictures/music/etc... on my new laptop. Once everything is restored, I will double check that all my pre-planning stuff is still there. I hope so because I don't want to have to make my spreadsheets again!

Ouch! Technology can be such a pain at times. Hopefully you will recover your photographs, etc. and your Disney planning files!

I didn't realize how far behind I got in your PTR!! I haven't been on the DIS as much lately, but I know as soon as my trip is done and I get into TR mode, I'll be around a TON! I'll be able to count down the months with you and help them go by quicker for you!
Anyone else a crazy planner like me and makes a notebook? I have been working on mine and getting some of the basic sheets updated for our trip. So far I have my to do list, a basic itenerary, a list of important numbers (basically a list of all my confirmation numbers,) and a cover sheet. There really isn't much more that I can do at this point. I take our notebook into the park with us, so just in case there is a mix up with the MDE system I have the what we need to prove we have reservations, etc. It also keeps our maps and touring plans. It is just nice to have everything in one place.
^ I honestly love this idea. Last May I brought a bunch of printed out sheets and it was messy haha maybe I'll steal your idea for this trip! I'm running out of time though- maybe I'll get one of those little notebooks (smaller but not pocket-size small). We're going to be carrying my Disney Vera Bradley backpack around that James got me for my birthday last October so there will be plenty of room. I'm worried that for whatever reason I won't have access to my phone and the Disney app, so I want everything written out! Maybe I'll keep the notebook in a ziplock just incase of rain and water rides! Hmm..I should start this asap! Thanks again for the great idea :thanks:

Last May I brought a bunch of printed out sheets and it was messy haha maybe I'll steal your idea for this trip! I'm running out of time though- maybe I'll get one of those little notebooks (smaller but not pocket-size small). We're going to be carrying my Disney Vera Bradley backpack around that James got me for my birthday last October so there will be plenty of room. I'm worried that for whatever reason I won't have access to my phone and the Disney app, so I want everything written out! Maybe I'll keep the notebook in a ziplock just incase of rain and water rides! Hmm..I should start this asap! Thanks again for the great idea :thanks:
My notebook isn't that big, just a regular sized school, 3 ring notebook. I put everything in page protectors, so they don't get torn out of the notebook, or get wet if we get caught in a downpour! It honestly doesn't take up hardly any room in my backpack. The girls things take up way more room ;). It just gives me a piece of mind that I have all my info with me and I don't have to worry if the wifi is working/my phone is dead, MDE is working, etc... Once I get everything more planed out and finalized I will write up a post about how I organize my notebook.

I didn't realize how far behind I got in your PTR!! I haven't been on the DIS as much lately, but I know as soon as my trip is done and I get into TR mode, I'll be around a TON! I'll be able to count down the months with you and help them go by quicker for you!

^ I honestly love this idea. Last May I brought a bunch of printed out sheets and it was messy haha maybe I'll steal your idea for this trip! I'm running out of time though- maybe I'll get one of those little notebooks (smaller but not pocket-size small). We're going to be carrying my Disney Vera Bradley backpack around that James got me for my birthday last October so there will be plenty of room. I'm worried that for whatever reason I won't have access to my phone and the Disney app, so I want everything written out! Maybe I'll keep the notebook in a ziplock just incase of rain and water rides! Hmm..I should start this asap! Thanks again for the great idea :thanks:

Yes, I too print things out and take to the park with me. For planning at home, I have a big three-ring binder. At Disney, I have a smaller notebook the size of large notecards 5 x7. So, it is smaller than a regular binder but not tiny. My eyes are not as good as they use to be, so I need to make the print bigger and I like to put receipts and in it during the day and make little notes throughout the day. I, too, keep it in a ziplock bag so it does not get wet on the wet rides.

I like having the pad of paper because in the past, when we had to wait in long line or at dinner, my DD would draw in it or make notes.

Progress Report
Hi everyone. It has been a while since my last update on here. Things have been pretty busy with Easter stuff and DD2's birthday!!! I can't believe my baby is 1!
1.jpg

That also means we are less than a year away from our WDW trip :hyper:.

Anyway... I wanted to update on our package savings. We are now about
75% saved!!! We should be 100% by the time the AFS is (hopefully) announced. Some sources are saying it could be announced as early as July, which would be awesome, but I am leaning more towards October.

Hi! I popped over from my PTR!

You're a planner! I love how organized you are.

The movie nights are so cute! I can't wait to see how the other nights turn out. I'm thinking we'll do some movie nights too, but probably only about a month or two out.

Glad you guys are all ready al out totally saved up! You'll be doing the paid in full dance before you know it!

Can't wait to see how the dailies come out as the crowd calendars start to come out. What site do you use? I'm considering a subscription to Touring Plans...

Hi! I popped over from my PTR!

You're a planner! I love how organized you are.

The movie nights are so cute! I can't wait to see how the other nights turn out. I'm thinking we'll do some movie nights too, but probably only about a month or two out.

Glad you guys are all ready al out totally saved up! You'll be doing the paid in full dance before you know it!

Can't wait to see how the dailies come out as the crowd calendars start to come out. What site do you use? I'm considering a subscription to Touring Plans...
:welcome: @MissMaryQC :welcome:
Thanks for popping over! We haven't done a movie night in a while, since my DH has been deployed, but we are hoping to pick them up when he gets back! If it was just DD2, we probably wouldn't do as many movie nights, but since DD1 is 4, she is really into them and who doesn't like watching a Disney movie as a family?!?

I have a subscription to Touring Plans, but I use it mainly to make my own personalized touring plans. I use a couple different other sites for their crowd calendars, but don't have subscriptions to any of them.

Joining in! I've only read your introduction, but it sounds like our trips will be very similar!! I'm also on my first PTR! Can't wait to read more! :)

Our disney stickers came in and DD1 really enjoyed decorating our spare change jar that has now become our Disney Fund jar::MickeyMo

Love that idea!! Going to have to make one with my little guys!

So now that we know we are going to be staying for 7 nights, we have 2 different options for our schedule while at Disney World.

I would go with schedule 2, have you considered trying to get an early breakfast at CM before heading to the park? Personally, thats what I would try for, I think with little ones, it is easier

Anyone else a crazy planner like me and makes a notebook?

yes, I do too! Except, I keep an electronic "journal" and save all my notes in word and in a Disney specific folder. That way if I have any links included with my notes, I can get to them immediately. Although, I do enjoy using pen and paper for planning. Computer just keeps me

So, I went up to our base ITT and bought our tickets today!!!!!! YAY!!!! We have tickets!!!!!

WOOHOO!!! Feels so much more real now huh?! :jumping1:

:welcome: @Shannon R :welcome:
Thanks for joining in! I did think about possibly having a pre park ADR at CM or even CRT, but I would rather not risk making the ADR and then having the park opening time change and miss the advantage of being in the park early. But who knows what will be available when it is time to book our ADRs!

Wow Claire is one! :cake::bday: :cake:Cute outfit!

It is amazing how fast the years fly by some time. My baby just turned 13 in March. I can't believe my baby is an official teenager!

I totally understand you not wanting to risk making an early ADR for CM or CRT since the park opening times and Early entry days are switching around so much. And now they are having the extra morning hours that people can buy entry too to put into the equation. Ugg! :badpc:

WAY TO GO! :rainbow:On having saved 75% of the funds for your trip which is about 11 months away.:dogdance:

Yay!!! DH is home and it is time to start our movie night back up! DD1 has picked Toy Story for our next movie. I'm working on the menu right now and will be ready to update with our movie night fun on Thursday :flower1:

Toy Story Movie Night
tumblr_m4guqqY0S61r4ix9fo1_500.gif

Tonight was so much fun. It was really nice to be a complete family again. DD1 really enjoyed Toy Story, because according to her, "there are no scary parts."
Anyway, here is a our menu:
Pizza Planet
Bo Peep's Salad
Sid's Dirt and Worms
97E2C8CF-8DC1-4512-9C52-C3ED00E4E915.jpg

DD1 really enjoyed making the dirt and worms for dessert.
CF4E37E3-ACE1-4C68-9DE8-1CD52906B429.jpg

Time for the movie! DD1 and DD2 both enjoyed it
8A703902-0BED-478F-B106-C55691FBAA4D.jpg

Watching it as an adult, there were a lot of little things that I had never noticed before that were pretty funny. Like when Potato Head did this:
tumblr_n7nb4o1fZS1qinmdwo1_500.gif

We are already looking forward to our next movie night and DD1 has picked The Jungle Book! I really want to see the new one that just came out, but it is too scary for the girls to see and I don't know if I want to waste a much coveted date night on it. But who knows?!?! I really do want to see it; I've heard some really good things about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter