1. Fantasia Sam

Fantasia Sam <font color=blue>Has a WDW secret<br><font color=C

Would anyone be able to tell me where I can get good rates for Eurostar to DLP in June - thanks I may be able to do 3 Disney parks in one year after all - don't think I'll be going to Tokyo in a hurry though ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rob@rar.org.uk

rob@rar.org.uk Skiing is best, Mickey comes next

If you have an Air Miles account you can get return tickets o DP on Eurostar for 450 miles plus £40. I've not found any travel outlet which offers significant discount on Eurostar tickets, so I've normally booked either direct with Eurostar or the travel has been included in a package deal. I'd also love to know if someone has found a good discounter for Eurostar.

One word of caution if you are thinking of booking for June: the on-site hotels have a very high occupancy rate, and often get fully booked. This might be eased this year with the opening of 3 or 4 new hotels, but I know several people who have not been able too get a room for the dates they wanted because everything (at a sensible price) was fully booked. The same applies to Eurostar bookings if you are booking a DIY package: there is a limit to the number of Apex (cheap) tickets available on each service.

Regards

Rob

4. Fantasia Sam

Thanks Rob

The only Eurostar ticket I can get direct from Eurostar (apart from one for £250) means I have to stay on a Saturday night - this is the one going into Paris.

I may get a plane from London City Airport for less than £100 but then I'd have to get to DLP from there. Can anyone suggest how I'd do this - I don't mind getting the train etc - the cheapest option is my best option ;)

5. richard3330

richard3330 Cirque Fan

I'm not sure of places where you can get good deals for Eurostar either, although occasional Newspapers have 'deals' and also as Rob said Airmiles often have discounts available.

I totally agree - If you are planning to stay on-site I would book a.s.a.p as they do fill up very quickly indeed.

Also, if you can get 'Castle Class' (An upgraded carriage on Eurostar) available for a not too expensive supplement then I would highly reccomend it - it is by far the most stress-free way of getting to Disneyland Paris - You have more comfortable seats and a free food 'bag'. Taking Eurostar to DLRP is by far the easiest way - we had a nightmare last time in Paris CDG - The airport is horrible. It is soooo much easier via Eurostar.

If you do fly from Londo to Paris CDG then there is a Disney VEA shuttle bus that drops off at all of the on-site Disneyland Paris hotels. It runs every 45 minutes I think and can be found outside the terminal. There is a also a train service from the airport to Marne-La-Valle (inside Disneyland) I'm not sure how often it runs though.

I'm sure you can get to Tokyo some how Sam - The Japanese are really friendly - I can't wait to get back there!

HTH

Richard. :)

6. rob@rar.org.uk

rob@rar.org.uk Skiing is best, Mickey comes next

Sam, have you thought about driving? It's not too far from Barking to Folkstone/Dover and only three hours from Calais. Having a car gives you a wider range of choices of hotel, plus the flexibility to visit other local attractions. Most of our DLP visits are by car, and although the journey home can be a little tiresome we think overall it's worth the extra effort.

Regards

Rob

7. Fantasia Sam

Thanks guys - you two should have your own show you make a great double act ;)

Anyhow - Eurostar is too expensive at the present time unless I stay a Saturday night. As I'm planning to be there only from the afternoon of the 18th to the morning of the 20th I didn't want to spend too much money. But your tips will be very helpful if I can get Paul to come with me later in the year ;)

I've done a search on flights and I can get one from City Airport which is only a 10 minute drive from us for £60 so I'm probably gonna do this and get the VEA. My friend has a room booked at the Santa Fe and she's very kindly letting me share with her so I'm all set. Can't believe how easy it has all been.

Rob, I can't drive I failed my driving test in February and am waiting to take my test again soon.

Richard, I'm sure the people in Tokyo are very friendly I just have an aversion to SARS at the moment ;) I'd love to go there one day.

Thanks again for all your tips they are greatly appreciated :)

8. richard3330

richard3330 Cirque Fan

Oh Yes - I totally forgot about SARS.

If you have any other questions I am sure some of us on the board will be able to help :)

You will have a busy year ;)

Richard. :)

9. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Sam,
    I have actually done the train from Paris and it was pretty easy. However, if you are flying into CDG the bus would be the way to go. I took it back to the airport and it was very nice.