Eurostar Booking--How far in Advance?

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by wintergreen, Feb 7, 2007.

1. wintergreen

wintergreen DIS Veteran

We are considering spending the week before Easter in London next year, with an overnight to DLP. My question is how far in advance you can book the Eurostar? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. carolsherman

carolsherman Mouseketeer

According to the website 5 days to 180 days prior to your trip

4. wintergreen

wintergreen DIS Veteran

Thanks for your reply!

5. ralfrick

ralfrick Mouseketeer

Got mine for July today. Apparently the advance price is not based on time (14 day advance, etc) but, rather, there are X seats at this price, then X at the next highest.....

A bientot.

6. wintergreen

wintergreen DIS Veteran

Sounds like I'd better get on this at the 180 day mark, in order to get the best price!

7. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Bring me that horizon Moderator

Especially if you wish to travel on the direct DLP Eurostar at a busy holiday period. If left too late, I have seen the cost of a single oneway ticket be almost as much as my family of 5 return ticket total! :scared1:

8. mulan1

mulan1 <font color=deeppink>Appreciates the OTHER 'prince

Yes as I have just found out, I just booked for early june and found that instead of the weekday fares of £79 for A,Y,C each way i've had to pay, £92 there and £112 back! £40 more expensive than i expected to pay, and i'd only seen the £79 price the day before! so get booking asap!

9. wintergreen

wintergreen DIS Veteran

One other question. Is it possible to book this on the Eurostar website from the U.S.?

10. dvc_john

dvc_john DVC since 1993

Yes.

I booked mine last November (for March). You can have the tickets sent to you, but they will charge a shipping charge. Or you can pick them up on the day of travel at the station. Can't recall exactly what I paid, but I think it was about $80 or so one-way (London-DLP).

11. ralfrick

ralfrick Mouseketeer

It was $243 for 2 adults, 1 child 1 way DLP-London for July, plus $15 shipping. Bought through Rick Steves web site which includes a European travel tips DVD and map, plus 20% off a future online purchase.

A bientot.

12. disneylandkids

disneylandkids Mouseketeer

Yes, and it's probably a very good idea to book tickets as soon as you can for prices/availability.

We waffled about dates for awhile, and availability changed and prices went up.

We did not have the option to have the Eurostar tickets sent to us when we booked them directly; we will have to pick them up at Waterloo the morning of our travel to DLP.

Also, be aware that Americans cannot get the Disney Express service on Eurostar.

13. Bmwdsny

Bmwdsny <font color=purple>Mom to Tinkerbell-attitude daug

Yep, booked mine just the other day for August! :goodvibes and no we can't get Disney Express service on board!:sad2:

14. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

Thinking about this I guess it is because the EU allows for free access between member states and therefore customs is not an issue for UK travellers. As a USA citizen you have to clear United Kingdom customs at Waterloo and Frence customs at Calais :)

15. disneylandkids

disneylandkids Mouseketeer

Seems odd to me that I should be treated any differently than anyone else getting on the same train to the same destination. Whatever...I'll do what's necessary to make the trip happen, and if it means my kids get another stamp on their passport, they'll be pleased with that.

16. Bmwdsny

Bmwdsny <font color=purple>Mom to Tinkerbell-attitude daug

yep i agree with that!! no biggie!!;)

17. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

Yes, it seems odd. But it all evens out: When we return to the U.S. from Europe, we get into the passport control "express line" for U.S. citizens.

Woody