Eurodisney

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
hello
I am a canadaian who will be visiting family in London with my disabled 5.5yr old daughter this August. Was thinking about doing a quick trip to EuroDisney....
Has anyone got any comments or clues about cost, travel, or how they treat kids in wheelchairs who can't talk.... Thanks

By far the easiest way to get to DLP from London is the train. You can catch it from London Waterloo direct into DLP. The station is about 100 yards from the gate of the MK and about 400 yards from the hotels. You can drop your luggage at the station and it will be taken to your hotel. For the cost of the train check http://www.eurostar.co.uk . At the moment you can get tickets to Paris from about US$100PP. It's worth checking the extra cost of going first class, if it isn't too much more it's worth the extra cost as , in August, it's likely to be a busy service.

With the new "studios" park opening up then you can easily justify a 2 night/2 and a half day stay. I've stayed at the Sequioa Lodge and Hotel New York, of the two I prefered the ambiance at the Sequioa. As with all Disney parks, they are pretty good with kids in wheelchairs etc.

Hi :)
Check out the official site www.disneylandparis.com - they have a section called "Good To Know" and in that section, they have a menu with Special Requirements and click on Disabled Visitors. They give a number for requesting the special disability brochure and also if you click on "Important Advice and Restrictions", they give more detail about negotiating the park with a wheelchair.
Wheelsie on the DISabilities board has a copy which is about two/three years old and she'd be happy to help give info from it if it will help you. ( If she still has it!!!)
Janice and I were there last year and whilst watching one of the parades, we found the attention they paid to a group of children in w/chairs really quite touching.
I agree with Vernon that Eurostar would be the least hassle- any further help you need, do let us know.

The direct eurostar service books up quickly, also if you book with disney and use amex expect a free upgrade.

We took our DD in a wheelchair to Disney Paris last September.
We travelled on Eurostar which was brilliant. The staff were great, ramp was all ready for loading etc. There are however only 2 designated wheelchair spaces on each train unless you are able to transfer.
We stayed at the Newport Bay & had 1 Handicapped acc. room which had a massive bathroom, & an adjoining room. All the hotel is accessible and the indoor pool is great.
There were no problems in the park. You are pulled on one-side on your first day and given a special pass for the shows etc. The only snag was that you are only allowed 3 Companions & they were strict about it. There are special areas for the parades, Much the same as at WDW and the CMs were very good.
The only down side we felt was the unrestricted smoking which is always dangerous imho when you are pushing a pushchair or wheelchair & people walk along dangling cigs below waist height.
We would certainly take her back again-it was a great trip!
Carol

I went to DLP 2 years ago with my sister (who's in a wheelchair).

I think keith&carol have it all covered, but I'll just second that the disabled facilities are excellent at DLP, and way better than anywhere else in Europe. You shouldn't have any porblems there. :)

- Suzi
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter