1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

ESTA - 2nd Visit

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by higgy66, Sep 21, 2012.

1. higgy66

higgy66 <font color=deeppink>I have to force myself to go

Hi

Just a quick question which I'm sure Wayne can answer as he must go sooooo many times on one ESTA :thumbsup2

Do I have to update our travel dates for this year as it's a year since we got our Estas but I understand they are valid 2 years or do we just turn up at Immigration?

Many thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Elise79

Elise79 Moderator Moderator

They don't take the travel dates but they do have the arrival flight and first night accommodation details.

You don't have to update these however I usually do so there is no issue at immigration! Did 5 trips on our last ESTAs no problems :)

4. Mr Stoat

Mr Stoat Mouseketeer

As long as your passport has not changed you should be OK. If you go to the ESTA site and put your details in again it will prompt you before taking payment that your current ESTA is still valid.

5. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Totally upto you if you want to update your info.
    Our last ones expired earlier in the year after 5 trips, never updated once. New ones we use next month for 2nd time, again I won't be updating. Until its compulsary I don't see the point, others prefer to update.

6. MichelinMan

MichelinMan I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

No point. You still need to fill in forms to get into the States anyway, that ask the same sort of questions as ESTA. ESTA, to me, was one big excuse to tax visitors to the country by the backdoor.

7. Kath2003

Kath2003 DIS Veteran

Haven't filled out forms for several trip now, ESTA only.
    We update.

8. Laurafoster

Laurafoster DIS Veteran

We haven't filled out forms for the last few trips either. Still have to do the white cards but there were no green ones around in May that I could see.

9. Elise79

Elise79 Moderator Moderator

The only form you complete now is a customs declaration which is one per family. The I-95W form was discontinued probably 2 years ago now - the ESTA has fully replaced it :thumbsup2

10. starrysky

starrysky DIS Veteran

I was going to ask the same question about up dating DH one. Now that I know I don't have to its just mine I need to do :)

11. paulh

paulh <font color=blue>likes to have a beer<br><font col

even though people say you don't have to update,we always do.As i think they will eventually say we will have to update,get used to doing it and it acts a reminder of when it expires .
    Paul