Espresso or cappuccino on DDP?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by eeyoresmom, Mar 8, 2013.

1. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

Debating doing the regular DDP this trip as DH and I have some expensive dinners planned. We usually drink water with meals and coffee with dessert. We will be eating at Chefs and possibly Tuttu. Does anyone know if we can order espresso or cappuccino as our drink? TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shoney

shoney DIS Veteran

When we at Le Chefs, my DH and I ordered a bottle of wine. When it came time to order dessert, the waiter offered us cappuccino/lattes, since we didn't use the beverage portion of the DDP. Don't know if that is the norm or not.

4. ZJRClutter

ZJRClutter Earning My Ears

I sure hope so. i can't imagine being at Disney with my 3 year old and not have coffee. We are doing the deluxe dining plan so I don't plan on purchasing food or drinks since this includes so much stuff.

5. SimplyGoofy

SimplyGoofy "You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"

I ordered several cappuccinos on the dining plan. They were quite tasty! :goodvibes

6. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

Were they ordered as your drink at a ts meal? I know they are covered as a snack credit at a lot of places.

7. POOHsie

POOHsie DIS Veteran

I've had espresso/cappuccino after a TS meal count as my DDP drink credit. During the meal I would just have water.

8. SimplyGoofy

SimplyGoofy "You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"

Yes, they were my covered beverage at a TS meal. I had water with my lunch and then enjoyed the cappuccino with dessert.

9. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom Guest

Thank you. I do not want to have to order differently to make the DDP work for this trip. It does appear to be the way to go for us.

10. tony67

tony67 <font color=red>I always get odd looks when I put

For the most part yes- but I would ask up front

I usually have an espresso after dinner or a cappuccino for breakfast - and for the most part that was not an issue - even with an extra shot

But - I also had the Pizza place in Epcot say it is not covered and charge me - they are not Disney owned

Also at most of the QS locations - an espresso or a cappuccino are not an option with the QS meal - for example the waffle place in the MK (Mrs Potts?) - but it is a snack option