ESPN Wide World of Sports

Soulcraft

Earning My Ears
This might need to be posted in the Theme Parks and Adventures section, but since I'm going to WDW solo, I figured I'd post this here.

Do people go over to this place and hang out / check it out? As a die-hard sports fan this was something I've really wanted to check out. What's there to do here? Is it ONLY a sports complex where athletes come use the facilities then leave, or is it more of a destination to hang out and enjoy all things sports? What's the transportation like? I couldn't find any mention of Disney Transportation going here, so would I cab it from AKL? How do I get back? Do cabs hang around for people like me who need a lift home?

When I was younger my dad would always take me and my brother to Wide World of Sports. At that time (about 10 years ago) it was a little different and it was before it got really busy with various sporting events. We are all sports fans and it was a neat experience. There are various sports facilities and events going on and sometimes special events Disney is putting on. I would look online to see whats going on there while your visiting. Transportation should be no problem, buses run from Disney resorts to Wide World of Sports and I believe they run there from the parks as well. The landscape is really beautiful and for me personally its a good place to spend a few hours (despite many people not liking it). The last time I was there Lou Brock was there and we got an autographed baseball. If your not pressed for time I think you should check it out since your a sports fan, even if its not for long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter