Escaping Snowy New England for Freezing Florida Feb 2015 Final Hours 11/17 p. 23

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
All of our previous family trips to Florida have been in the summer.

There was the boys’ first trip to Disney/Sea World in 2004.

Sea World 2004.jpg

Then we returned to Disney in July 2008, 2009 and 2010, The basis of our tongue-in-cheek titled
3rd Annual We are "NEVER" going to Disney in the summer again TR,

Chef Mickeys.jpg

Image353[1].jpg

In July 2011 we visited Universal with one day at Disney’s Magic Kingdom -
Welcome, Foolish Muggles! IoA/US/MK/SW July 2011

IMG_5079[1].jpg

In June 2012, I chaperoned Nate’s 8th grade class trip to Disney
145 Middle Schoolers Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail???

P1110620 - Copy.JPG

We returned to Florida in 2013 for a Universal/Disney split stay-
Hijinks and Shenanigans (but not much Mayhem) at The Dark Side and Disney,July 2013

Hears No Evil. Speaks No Evil. Sees No Evil. Refuses to Participate

And finally, last August I did a solo visit to Disney for a major meet-up with many of my DIS friends-
What Happens at the Beach Club...

DSCF1275[1].jpg

Some of these trips were very wet, and all of them were HOT!:sunny:

When we planned this years’ trip to Universal Studios during the boys’ February school vacation we were really looking forward to touring the theme parks in cooler weather.

Be Careful What You Wish For!!!

Next up: Is it still a PreTrip Report if you write it after you return home?

Last edited:
I'm in! I love Universal, although I haven't been there in few years... not since Transformers and Diagon Alley. I look forward to your TR!

Hears No Evil. Speaks No Evil. Sees No Evil. Refuses to Participate
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
Great picture!

I'm here, LOVED the Mickey Bat signal :) We are doing Universal next year. Our family are Dark Side peeps (except me of course ;) ) What DH forgets is I bought WDW APs so even if we are at Universal...we will be visiting my happy place too. Can't wait to hear all about your trip Dee!!!

I'm in! I love Universal, although I haven't been there in few years... not since Transformers and Diagon Alley. I look forward to your TR!

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
Great picture!
I loved the refused to participate :)

I'm in! I am also from New England and I'm leaving a week from tomorrow to get away from all this snow and get to the warm weather! Can't wait to keep reading!

Cool. Count me in. popcorn::

I wanted to add Universal to the beginning of this year's trip. It looks like I'll be planning a separate trip just for this on some long weekend early 2016 instead, to include DH. I'm excited to read all about your same time of year trip report.

Dee, I'm here. As I told another DIS friend, I've not visited Universal in years (and no desire), but I enjoy reading others reports on it so I'm here to follow along. Great intros!

Found my way over here :) can't wait to read all about it:thumbsup2 Amazing to see how the boys have grown over the course of your travels.

Last edited:
So looking forward to this!! I wish the weather would have been a little warmer for you guys. We were in Florida last Feb. and it was in the mid 80s. You just never know.

I'm in, Dee!

Your 2011 Universal report was SO HELPFUL when I was planning my day at Universal in 2012 that I'd love to read another one! I look forward to hearing about your experiences with the Harry Potter expansion! :D

Hi, Dee! I'm looking forward to reading your TR. I've never read one of your trip reports before but I have a hunch it'll be a good read. I "know" you from the BC/YC thread and really appreciate the work you do over there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter