Escape Wedding Question

lthiesfeld07

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I have a question about Escape Weddings.

Would it be more cost effective for a "reception," to rent out The Attic for a late lunch/ early dinner reception for 20 guests, or have an ADR at Captains Grill for a 5:00 dinner reservation?

I basically just want a meal with my guests. No dancing or anything like that. My plan after our reception to do a Dessert Party in Epcot.

I'm just trying to see which is going to be less expensive for us!

Thanks for any input!! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It will be cheaper to dine at Captain's Grille. The one catch would be if they made you order off a large-party menu that was pricey. For example, over at Yachtsman Steakhouse, they make large parties order off a menu that starts at around $60/person. That makes it almost as expensive as the Attic's $1,500 food and beverage minimum after 5pm. But if you could get out of the Attic before 5pm, that minimum would go down to $1,000—almost a draw at $60/person. Still, I don't think any set menu at Captain's Grille would be as expensive as at Yachtsman.

Thanks Carrie! I really appreciate it!

I'm not planning on an Escape Wedding until March or April of 2015. (Depends on when my Spring Break is.)

When making an ADR for a party size that big will it let you make the reservation online? I was having difficulty finding availability but if I went down to smaller party size there wasn't any issue. Do we need to book more than 1 table?

When making an ADR for a party size that big will it let you make the reservation online? I was having difficulty finding availability but if I went down to smaller party size there wasn't any issue. Do we need to book more than 1 table?

Each restaurant has its own maximum number for booking online, you may just be better off calling. For one of our reservations for 23, I had to call the restaurant (Grand Floridian Cafe) directly and the system made them create two different reservations, one for 12 people at one time, the other for 11 people 15 minutes later. But, I told everyone to arrive at the earlier time and both tables, which were right next to each other, we're ready.

Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer for you.

No, that's a great answer, cuz that's exactly how it works. :thumbsup2 You usually have to call for large parties, but each restaurant has a different max. They will tell you that 5pm and 9pm are the only times they can guarantee that your party will all sit together, but usually they can make it happen at other times.

I would be looking at a 5:00 ADR anyways. I'd like an Epcot Dessert Party afterwards.

Is it possible to have your wedding cake at your dessert party instead of the restaurant?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Disney will not transport your cake for you after they first set it up. So you would either have to bring in the leftovers or pay to have it delivered straight to your DP and skip the ceremony altogether.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter