Escape Lounge @ Manchester Airport

Tinks1984

<font color=red>We're having a mini party!<br><fon
Has anyone ever used this pre-flight? We're looking at booking ourselves into a lounge at Manchester when we fly in May '10 and this one looks nice enough. Just looking for any thoughts, or if there's any others that can be recommended?

I think we'll be flying from T2.

We have used the styal lounge a couple of times in t2. It was comfortable and had plenty of snacks and drinks but lately decided it wasn't worth the money.

Thanks for the reply. Why are you thinking it's not worth the money? if you don't mind me asking. We're just weighing up if we'd be better or not saving the money for spends whilst over there.

We used the Air France lounge at Manchester in August. Lovely place to relax before flying had a coffee and a few nibbles. No way I would pay for a lounge but we usually get to airport just in time to bag drop and get thru security and board. If you like to get to airport early then they are possibly worth paying for.

The Escape Lounge is the best one in the whole of Manchester Airport. Not my words, actually voiced by a friend who is a member of Special Branch Terrorist Intelligence! We do like the Escape though, it is not very big, peaceful and I slept for a full hour on one of their chaise's while DD used the free internet. I'd recommend it and will use it when we fly out with Virgin in February.

Pam

We used the Escape Lounge in September and we loved it! There were breakfast items (croissants etc.), snacks (crisps/nuts/biscuits) and plenty of drinks (alcoholic included). Aside from that, it's just a nice, quiet place to relax before a flight. We'll definitely visit again. :thumbsup2

Thanks guys :thumbsup2 I think it's something we'd like to experience, even if it's just once. We'll be at the airport with plenty time y'see, as we're getting there by hired mini-bus, so I think this may be the best option for us.

We had the oppurtunity to relax in the escape lounge in Feb and I think its a fab start to a holiday !!
Only thing I need to add is that we didnt pay for it so cant comment on wether its worth the money or not!!
Louise x

It is just a lot of money for what you get, cost us £75 for the 4 of us. It is more comfortable and quiet. We prefer to stay overnight at the radisson, then check in as late as possible, leaving the minimum time in the airport lounge.

Yeah, we stayed overnight at the Radisson SAS in April 08 and it was wonderful, great way to start our holiday. But, there was only myself and DBF travelling then, so it was only the cost of 1 room.

As they're quite expensive, we didn't want to have to get three rooms, so I was looking towards the lounge just to give my parents and brother something a little different like we had, but on a smaller budget :rotfl2:

I'd love to win the lottery before our trip, we'd most definitely overnight there again! Loved it :lovestruc

With the Radisson, keep checking their website. Last year the price for one room went right down to £59 from the full price. I kept rebooking at the lower price.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep checking on their site :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter