Escape from the North - A Week at the Yacht Club - April 2015- Complete* 1/5

Your Fantasmic pictures are great. I especially love the one with snow white, its so crystal clear it almost doesn't look real.

That ToT photo and video is hilarious. Talk about an exuberant car you all were riding on. Don't think I've ever seen that many hands up all at once.

Great luck finding your phone.

Love the boys note to housekeeping :love1:

Sounds like you and your friend made the most of your time together. Glad to hear she will be coming to see you soon.

I really liked how the park is lit up at night.
::yes:: I appreciate DHS more than most people, but I think it is second only to MK after the sun goes down.

We exited the ride and checked out the photo. I put my hand to my pocket and my phone was gone.
Uh oh! :headache:

Finally our car showed up and once it had emptied I immediately spotted my phone sitting right between the seats we'd occupied. The cover is black so she hadn't spotted it when we'd gotten off the ride. I was thrilled to get it back! :cool1:
That's a relief. I'm glad you were able to get it back.

This wasn't the first time I'd lost something at Disney. During our second Disney trip I'd lost my camera on a Disney bus one night. :eek: I didn't realize until the next morning and I completely panicked. :scared: I ran down tho the Front Desk and they told me how to contact lost and found. When I did they told me they had my camera. :faint: I was so relieved! We had to take a short detour to - I think TTC but don't quote me on that - pick it up but it was completely painless. That's one of the things that has made me a Disney fan for life. :thumbsup2
Fortunately, I haven't had to use their lost and found resources, but I've heard great things about them.

We talked about trying to ride RnRC but decided against it and headed out of the park. I think my reasoning was that by this time the park had closed and I doubted we'd be able to get in line. Looking back at the trip this is probably my biggest regret - I should have tried. If that's my biggest regret we didn't do too bad. :thumbsup2
I'm sorry it didn't work out... I love RnRC. But if the park was closed by then, they weren't going to let you into the line anyway. So nothing to regret!

They were excited because Mousekeeping had arranged their stuffies into a battle formation. They loved it so much they wrote a thank you note.
That's cool! I'm glad they appreciated it enough to leave a note.

Hi There!! I'm finally getting back and catching up on everyone's reports! Love all the pictures from HS. I especially love your Fantasmic pictures!! I wish we had done it, but we didn't have the time. We weren't even at HS at night our trip! LOL next time!!

dsc_0838tr-jpg.100906

I've always really admired the balloon pictures I've seen in other TRs. I took several but couldn't seem to get a good one. :sad2:
I loooooove balloon picutres! This is a really nice angle! :goodvibes

Anyway. These are my favorite pictures.
Your Fantasmic pics still turned out 100 times better than mine! I dig them! :thumbsup2

dsc_0883tr-jpg.101285

I loved the creepy details in the hotel.
Me too, the queue for this one is amazeballs! My aunt can't ride it, but I'm going to try to convince her to at least go through the queue with me so she can see it! ::yes::

Finally our car showed up and once it had emptied I immediately spotted my phone sitting right between the seats we'd occupied. The cover is black so she hadn't spotted it when we'd gotten off the ride. I was thrilled to get it back! :cool1:
WOWWWW! :eek: Dude, you're SO lucky! If that had been me, my phone would have been long gone!

This wasn't the first time I'd lost something at Disney. During our second Disney trip I'd lost my camera on a Disney bus one night. :eek: I didn't realize until the next morning and I completely panicked. :scared: I ran down to the Front Desk and they told me how to contact lost and found. When I did they told me they had my camera. :faint: I was so relieved! We had to take a short detour to - I think TTC but don't quote me on that - pick it up but it was completely painless. That's one of the things that has made me a Disney fan for life. :thumbsup2
I've lost so many things at Disney, especially when I was much younger and super scatter brained! Thankfully in most cases, Lost & Found came through for me! :goodvibes

They were excited because Mousekeeping had arranged their stuffies into a battle formation. They loved it so much they wrote a thank you note.

dsc_0899tr-jpg.101290
This is adorable, I love that they left a thank you note! So sweet! :cutie:

I can completely sympathize with your loosing your phone. On our trip to DW last Sept. First day, first ride my
Oldest daughter lost her camera on EE. She had it back within 15 min, second day, first ride of the day my son looses his phone on Star Tours, I couldn't believe it, he had it back within 15 min again. They are awesome at recovering things!!! After that I was the irritating Mom always checking with everyone..." Got your phone? Got your camera? Got your MB?" Drove my family crazy! :rotfl:

I'm glad you were able so spend some time alone with your friend, ToT is one awesome experience in the que but I wasn't a fan of the ride, I don't like the part where they rocket you upwards to go back down again :scared1:. I think it's the only ride I've done at DW where I was counting the seconds for it to be over! I haven't done RNR either but would like to give it a try. My big accomplishment last trip was EE and I really did like it.

There is just something so magical about the parks at night...

Btw, I think that is Bernadette Peters narrating the video!!

Day 6
Magic Kingdom Part 1

Before I get into this day I just realized that I forgot to do my daily summary for Hollywood Studios. Doh!

Here's my itinerary for HS a few days before we left:

Saturday, April 25 - HS

We will head to HS for EMH at 8am. My first goal is to get the boys signed up for Jedi training. We have FP for TSMM at 10:25, Frozen Sing-Along at 12:10 and Star Tours at 1:10. We have an early dinner at 5:10 Mama Melrose's Fantasmic! package followed by Fantasmic! at 8:30. We also want to try the Animation Station and the Movie ride. I might try to hit ToT or RnRC by myself if the lines are short enough. We'll probably have a late breakfast or early lunch at Starring Rolls or Boardwalk Cafe. A good friend of mine lives in the Tampa area and she might be able to join us for the day. I'm not getting my hopes up but that would be really nice as I haven't seen her in a year or so. :hug:

Skipped Frozen Sing-Along for ABC Commissary Lunch because S was hungry but other than that...

nailed it.gif

Back to our regularly scheduled programming: This morning we were up early for our 8:15 ADR at Crystal Palace. I wasn't excited about the meal although breakfast was a new one, we'd done lunch and dinner during prior trips. I was excited about getting into the park early for pictures. :banana:

DSC_0900TR.jpg

We pulled into MK around 8 and spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out which way to go. We spotted the CMs checking people in and headed over. Then we were completely cut off by another huge family that just had to enter MK before us. :( When we made it up to the CM she apologized profusely since she'd seen what happened. I was gracious and said it wasn't her fault but as I'm typing this I'm wondering why she didn't just say, "Excuse me, I believe they were next." :confused:

I was also frustrated because while we were waiting we overheard other guests checking in and their ADR times were all later than ours. Obviously I can't complain about that but it was making me anxious. When we finally got through the gates I couldn't really enjoy it because we needed to rush to CP to avoid being late for our reservation.

It became clear to me that the whole reason that I booked this ADR - the early entry and castle photo - was NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. :sad: The PP photographers all had lines and we had to check in at CP.

DSC_0902TR.jpg

The couple in the center of the photo had just gotten engaged so at least I got to witness an engagement. :lovestruc They were also seated next to us at CP with their happy family.

We checked in at CP and settled in to wait. I wasn't sure how far we could venture off with the beeper so we didn't attempt to go grab a PP photo. I did get this picture which I love so it's not all bad. :goodvibes

DSC_0903TR.jpg

When I make a photo album for this trip I think it's going to be my cover page.

When our pager went off we were led to our table. We were told it could take up to 90 minutes but as 3 of the characters were heading right for us I was confident it wouldn't take that long. :thumbsup2

If you are interested in seeing the food you can head over to my DR. We split up to hit the buffet because it wasn't long before we were meeting our first character.

DSC_0908TR.jpg

I really enjoyed watching the boys get their signatures. Aidan who is usually so shy would always ask the CM accompanying the characters for a marker. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it is. I just loved watching their anticipation for the autographs. :goodvibes

DSC_0915TR.jpg

I don't know what happened with the angle on this one but I like it. :confused3

DSC_0917TR.jpg

I loved seeing them get more comfortable with meeting the characters. They just got right in there and hugged Eeyore. He is pretty huggable. :hug:

DSC_0937TR.jpg

It's hard to review this meal. I don't think I'll ever do it again. I was just really disappointed with the early entry. I don't know if my experience was typical but I just don't think it's something I need to do again. With that said we had an enjoyable breakfast. The food was good and our server was terrific. The character meets were great and we didn't have to wait very long. We were heading out into the park in no time. :thumbsup2

We started out in the direction of Adventure Land. It was pretty quiet and we took the time to call about our ME back to the airport. Some background: this morning or the previous morning we got a note from Disney that they didn't have our ME reservation. I wasn't too worried because some strange things had already happened. I don't think I've written about this but on our first night we got a call about our impending departure the next day. We just got here. :eek: When I called they assured me that they must have made a mistake. Happens all the time. ::yes::

So I ignored the calls/messages to the room that we had packages waiting for us at the Beach Club or about checking out in the morning - it happened a few times. And I took the same approach when I got the note about ME but I figured I'd call just to be sure. Well, I freaked out when I spoke to someone and they had us departing on the wrong day. :scared1:

Since I was not rational at that point I handed the phone to Jamie and he straightened it out quickly. There was a slight error with the dates on the letter but by the time Jamie spoke to them they'd already corrected it. We were assured that our ME was all set for the next day. Phew! :faint:

With that straightened out we continued on. The boys can't walk by the magic carpets without riding. :rolleyes2

DSC_0938TR.jpg

Aidan got the red card. :thumbsup2

DSC_0940TR.jpg

The boys love this ride. :goodvibes

I checked the wait times on MDE and Splash and BTMRR were 10 minutes. I desperately tried to convince Sammy to ride with me but I didn't have any luck. :sad2: They opted to do the Swiss Family Tree House but I declined out of general principle.

What did we do instead?

Last edited:
What a packed fun filled HS day!! You are so lucky that you got your phone back...that would be the absolute worst. Way to go on your previous lost camera experience too...you're right...that's pretty amazing that in a place the size of WDW that you ever get anything back that's lost...so it's quite awesome. I'm a wuss for rides but your pictures make me really want to even just do the queue for ToT to see what it's like inside. Must have been so nice to be able to just get on a boat back to your hotel after a day at HS.

My thoughts exactly. How can a place that large recover lost items so well? Nobody gets sticky fingers? :confused3 It's no matter, I'm grateful. :goodvibes The queue was awesome. It went by too fast because there wasn't much of a wait. So my friend felt sick after Star Tours but didn't have a problem with ToT.

Sounds like a fun day! My husband had the same reaction to Star Tours--he does NOT handle simulator rides well. I'm jealous of your carrot cake cookie--I missed out on Writer's Stop AND Starring Rolls last year! :sad:

I was really surprised how much we loved MuppetVision--even my husband, who isn't really a fan.

Oh man, that Cinderella carriage is awesome looking. I'm not sure if it's still there or not, but I wish they'd leave it til November! I'm dying to see it. I found that umbrella on my July trip last year (and we were super grateful for the water to stand under for a minute), and couldn't find it again in November! :rotfl2:

The drawing class looks SO fun. I wanted us to try it, but I wasn't brave enough to attempt waiting for it. Maybe next time!

I think the balloon picture turned out great! And your Fantasmic! pictures turned out way better than mine :) I have to admit, I didn't really like that show. Maybe I need to give it another chance?

Yay for squeezing in one last ride! I love being in the parks, but one of my favorite parts of the day was walking out at night, seeing everything all lit up. They're just gorgeous that way.

We had so much fun! It was probably our best day. I hope you get to see the carriage and get a pic in November. I didn't notice the water from the umbrella. It was hot that day, even my friend who lives in FL said it was unseasonably hot. Thank you for your thoughts about the pictures. Really? I'm surprised to hear you didn't like Fantasmic! What didn't you like if you don't mind my asking?

ToT ... that's one of two rides at Disney that I refuse to try (Mission: Space is the other). I'm glad you & S enjoyed! I would have totally freaked out if I lost my phone ... I'm glad you were able to find it!''
I get that missing RnRC is sad ... but they're pretty strict about not letting you on rides after close. And if that's your biggest regret, you definitely didn't do too bad!

I love that the boys left a note for Mousekeeping! I'm sure the Mousekeeper really appreciated it!

I also refuse to try Mission: Space, even the green. Never going to happen. I know they don't let you on after closing so that's why I passed. My regret is that I'm not positive the park was closed. :confused: I hope she appreciated the note because they really appreciated her. :goodvibes

Your Fantasmic pictures are great. I especially love the one with snow white, its so crystal clear it almost doesn't look real.

That ToT photo and video is hilarious. Talk about an exuberant car you all were riding on. Don't think I've ever seen that many hands up all at once.

Great luck finding your phone.

Love the boys note to housekeeping :love1:

Sounds like you and your friend made the most of your time together. Glad to hear she will be coming to see you soon.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. :goodvibes I had so much fun on ToT!! I was surprised I found the phone but probably shouldn't have been given previous experience. It probably shouldn't be so surprising but I love when they do thoughtful things on their own. :thumbsup2

::yes:: I appreciate DHS more than most people, but I think it is second only to MK after the sun goes down.

I wish we'd spent some time at MK at night. We watched MSEP but left right after and didn't get a second chance.

Fortunately, I haven't had to use their lost and found resources, but I've heard great things about them.

It's amazing that a place the size of Disney can return a camera lost the night before. Anywhere else a fellow passenger or the driver may have pocketed it.

I'm sorry it didn't work out... I love RnRC. But if the park was closed by then, they weren't going to let you into the line anyway. So nothing to regret!

I know that which is why I passed but I'm not positive the park was closed. I know we were close but it may have still been opened by the time we made it to the ride. It wouldn't have hurt to try was my point.

That's cool! I'm glad they appreciated it enough to leave a note.

I always have to remind them to say thank you so seeing this gives me hope. :lmao:

Hi There!! I'm finally getting back and catching up on everyone's reports! Love all the pictures from HS. I especially love your Fantasmic pictures!! I wish we had done it, but we didn't have the time. We weren't even at HS at night our trip! LOL next time!!

Hey! Sorry you missed Fantasmic! Hope you get to see it next time, it was so fun!

Super cute thank you note for the battle scene of plushes. : o )

Aww! Thank you. :goodvibes I wish I'd gotten a photo but I got a chance later on.

I loooooove balloon picutres! This is a really nice angle! :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes

Your Fantasmic pics still turned out 100 times better than mine! I dig them! :thumbsup2

Thanks. Still wish I'd been able to get closer. :confused3

WOWWWW! :eek: Dude, you're SO lucky! If that had been me, my phone would have been long gone!

Dude, that's me. But there's something about Disney that makes things come back. :thumbsup2

I've lost so many things at Disney, especially when I was much younger and super scatter brained! Thankfully in most cases, Lost & Found came through for me! :goodvibes

It's really amazing that they can find these things. And that other guests aren't grabbing it.

This is adorable, I love that they left a thank you note! So sweet! :cutie:

Thanks. They are adorable. :goodvibes

I can completely sympathize with your loosing your phone. On our trip to DW last Sept. First day, first ride my
Oldest daughter lost her camera on EE. She had it back within 15 min, second day, first ride of the day my son looses his phone on Star Tours, I couldn't believe it, he had it back within 15 min again. They are awesome at recovering things!!! After that I was the irritating Mom always checking with everyone..." Got your phone? Got your camera? Got your MB?" Drove my family crazy! :rotfl:

I'm glad you were able so spend some time alone with your friend, ToT is one awesome experience in the que but I wasn't a fan of the ride, I don't like the part where they rocket you upwards to go back down again :scared1:. I think it's the only ride I've done at DW where I was counting the seconds for it to be over! I haven't done RNR either but would like to give it a try. My big accomplishment last trip was EE and I really did like it.

There is just something so magical about the parks at night...

Btw, I think that is Bernadette Peters narrating the video!!

I think it's amazing that a place that size runs so well. We had a great time together! I knew it was her! :rotfl:

Yay for getting your phone back so quickly!

And that note to Mousekeeping is adorable!

It was just short of a miracle. :rolleyes2

We had so much fun! It was probably our best day. I hope you get to see the carriage and get a pic in November. I didn't notice the water from the umbrella. It was hot that day, even my friend who lives in FL said it was unseasonably hot. Thank you for your thoughts about the pictures. Really? I'm surprised to hear you didn't like Fantasmic! What didn't you like if you don't mind my asking?
Maybe the water wasn't working? When we were there last July it had water/mist coming out--not a lot, but enough to cool off a bit. I remember being really grateful for it though, it was SO hot!

I think it was a combination of things. By the time we made it to HS, we were on day 8 and we were all exhausted. We were kind of underwhelmed with the park in general, but Fantastmic!, after seeing Wishes and Illuminations, just didn't measure up. Plus it was raining the whole time, not heavily but enough to be uncomfortable. The water projections were pretty cool, but Aaron and I both thought "That's it?" lol. I do think we'll have to give it another try some other time. I doubt we'll make time for it this trip since we'll only have 3-4 hours in HS max, but maybe next time!

When we made it up to the CM she apologized profusely since she'd seen what happened. I was gracious and said it wasn't her fault but as I'm typing this I'm wondering why she didn't just say, "Excuse me, I believe they were next." :confused:
You know, the sad thing is, they're supposed to keep everybody happy. So the easiest thing she could do if you weren't going to say anything was just to let it go and then try to appease you. Doesn't make it right, but I can't really blame the CM for taking the path of least resistance. :sad2:

It became clear to me that the whole reason that I booked this ADR - the early entry and castle photo - was NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. :sad: The PP photographers all had lines and we had to check in at CP.
Geeze. From what I keep seeing, it seems to be a madhouse now that you've got 3 breakfasts going on in the park... Had they started doing the BoG breakfast while you were there or was it still just CRT and CP?

I did get this picture which I love so it's not all bad. :goodvibes
That's a great picture! :thumbsup2

It's hard to review this meal. I don't think I'll ever do it again. I was just really disappointed with the early entry. I don't know if my experience was typical but I just don't think it's something I need to do again.
That stinks. This is one that we always try to work in. I've booked the ADR for basically each of our last 3 trips. But every time, I get an 8 am ADR and then a month before our trip they'll move MK EMH to that day or extend the park hours so that our ADR isn't actually until after the park opens. I've still never had a breakfast anywhere in MK.

When I called they assured me that they must have made a mistake. Happens all the time. ::yes::

So I ignored the calls/messages to the room that we had packages waiting for us at the Beach Club or about checking out in the morning - it happened a few times.
Oh yeah, I get that all the time when I'm there.... :rolleyes1 :eek: :faint:

And I took the same approach when I got the note about ME but I figured I'd call just to be sure. Well, I freaked out when I spoke to someone and they had us departing on the wrong day. :scared1:
Oh yeah, I'd definitely want to stay on top of that one. I'd have a lot of faith in the system at this point. Kind of reminds me of my issues trying to figure out how I was going to leave Disneyland. :rotfl:

I checked the wait times on MDE and Splash and BTMRR were 10 minutes. I desperately tried to convince Sammy to ride with me but I didn't have any luck. :sad2: They opted to do the Swiss Family Tree House but I declined out of general principle.
That's just not right... :sad2:

What did we do instead?
Well, if I were you, I'd tell them to have fun at the tree house and they could meet me in Frontierland when they're done. :rolleyes1

Crystal Palace breakfast buffet was not one of my favorites, but my mom liked the food and my kids loved Eeyore too! As for Fantasmic!, we were so underwhelmed that we left before it was over. I did not get what was going on, it was too far away to see from the first five rows, and I could not understand any words, if there was any audio besides music. We were happy to make it out before the mass of people. I think I would like the Star Wars academy. I wonder if old people are accepted for Jedi Training?

It's hard to review this meal. I don't think I'll ever do it again. I was just really disappointed with the early entry. I don't know if my experience was typical but I just don't think it's something I need to do again.

That's annoying! We haven't tried that yet - I guess we probably won't in the future.
Well, I freaked out when I spoke to someone and they had us departing on the wrong day. :scared1:

:scared1: Of course you freaked out! At least it got fixed. ::yes::

They opted to do the Swiss Family Tree House but I declined out of general principle.

Why the hating on Swiss Family Tree House? I finally re-read the book (a childhood favorite) after our last visit. I had forgotten how all of their experiments always worked, and the Dad was always right. Somehow that didn't seem odd as a kid, but as a grownup, it did get annoying after awhile, and I wanted one of his experiments to fail miserably! :laughing:

Yay for MK day!! I hate things didn't go as planned for you guys with early entry :( We only did it once last time, we were late, and it was totally stressful. That's a great castle pic though!! Much better than the view from the CP porch when we were there--it was across a bunch of construction :/ I'm so excited to see the gardens finished this year!

We LOVED CP. That was the one my kids both requested to do again this year. I just love how cute and cuddly all the characters are; I never really outgrew Winnie the Pooh I guess :)

Alyssa feels the same way about the Magic Carpets! It was the first ride she actually enjoyed at MK, so every time we passed it she wanted to jump on :)

Then we were completely cut off by another huge family that just had to enter MK before us.

What? Not cool, people!

That's frustrating! I've actually been reading reports lately of people who don't get let in until right before their ADRs, or people who for some reason can't get the pictures ... I think that pre-park ADRs aren't as valuable as they used to be.

I love all of the character pictures! Even if you didn't get the desired pre-park ADR benefits, it's still nice that the boys enjoyed meeting the characters!

The boys love this ride. :goodvibes

I think the carpets are such an underrated ride. People think they're just the same as Dumbo & every other ride, but they really are so much fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you did next!

Having read your dining report, I still can't believe it was so crowded getting into the park for early entry. But your perfect castle view and the boys pics with the winnie the pooh crowd may just make up for it. They are great!

Glad you got your ME all worked out. I haven't gotten our tags for our trip in a few days. They assured me I can just give our claim checks to the ME desk and they can take care of it, but definitely don't have a warm and fuzzy on that.

My daughter loves the flying carpets too. Especially that darn spitting camel. Gets me every time.

I'm gonna vote you go ride BTMR by yourself next!

Maybe the water wasn't working? When we were there last July it had water/mist coming out--not a lot, but enough to cool off a bit. I remember being really grateful for it though, it was SO hot!

I think it was a combination of things. By the time we made it to HS, we were on day 8 and we were all exhausted. We were kind of underwhelmed with the park in general, but Fantastmic!, after seeing Wishes and Illuminations, just didn't measure up. Plus it was raining the whole time, not heavily but enough to be uncomfortable. The water projections were pretty cool, but Aaron and I both thought "That's it?" lol. I do think we'll have to give it another try some other time. I doubt we'll make time for it this trip since we'll only have 3-4 hours in HS max, but maybe next time!

Oh, yeah. I can see how it being miserably hot and rainy could definitely take away from the enjoyment. I wonder if they alter the show when it's raining. I can also see not being overwhelmed by the park. We skipped it the first two times we went to WDW and the main reason we went this time was for Jedi training.

You know, the sad thing is, they're supposed to keep everybody happy. So the easiest thing she could do if you weren't going to say anything was just to let it go and then try to appease you. Doesn't make it right, but I can't really blame the CM for taking the path of least resistance. :sad2:

That makes sense. We didn't lose much time with that incident, it was a combination of things. We definitely should have been up and out earlier than we were to be safe.

Geeze. From what I keep seeing, it seems to be a madhouse now that you've got 3 breakfasts going on in the park... Had they started doing the BoG breakfast while you were there or was it still just CRT and CP?

I hadn't thought of that. They had started serving BOG breakfast so I guess it made the crowds a bit worse.

That's a great picture! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

That stinks. This is one that we always try to work in. I've booked the ADR for basically each of our last 3 trips. But every time, I get an 8 am ADR and then a month before our trip they'll move MK EMH to that day or extend the park hours so that our ADR isn't actually until after the park opens. I've still never had a breakfast anywhere in MK.

I definitely see the appeal but I think eating the breakfast is a waste of time if you really just want to be out enjoying the park.

Oh yeah, I get that all the time when I'm there.... :rolleyes1 :eek: :faint:

I'm glad it wasn't just us. Every day we had messages on the phone that weren't meant for us. I hope the right rooms actually got the message.

Oh yeah, I'd definitely want to stay on top of that one. I'd have a lot of faith in the system at this point. Kind of reminds me of my issues trying to figure out how I was going to leave Disneyland. :rotfl:

Yeah, glad we got it straightened out. Not that there weren't problems when we were leaving but that's a story for another day. :rolleyes1

That's just not right... :sad2:

I know. But in their defense they weren't gone long. :laughing:

Well, if I were you, I'd tell them to have fun at the tree house and they could meet me in Frontierland when they're done. :rolleyes1

I wish I'd thought of that. :sad2:

Crystal Palace breakfast buffet was not one of my favorites, but my mom liked the food and my kids loved Eeyore too! As for Fantasmic!, we were so underwhelmed that we left before it was over. I did not get what was going on, it was too far away to see from the first five rows, and I could not understand any words, if there was any audio besides music. We were happy to make it out before the mass of people. I think I would like the Star Wars academy. I wonder if old people are accepted for Jedi Training?

The food and characters were great so we enjoyed the meal. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Fantasmic! I'm glad we got the preferred seating so our view was pretty good. Age 12 is the cut off for Jedi Training, I think. I think I would have liked doing it, too. :laughing:

That's annoying! We haven't tried that yet - I guess we probably won't in the future.

I think if you got there super early before your ADR time it would be okay. We just had a problem getting anywhere early for our entire trip. The actual meal was good. :thumbsup2
:scared1: Of course you freaked out! At least it got fixed. ::yes::

We got it fixed but that wasn't the end of our transportation issues.

Why the hating on Swiss Family Tree House? I finally re-read the book (a childhood favorite) after our last visit. I had forgotten how all of their experiments always worked, and the Dad was always right. Somehow that didn't seem odd as a kid, but as a grownup, it did get annoying after awhile, and I wanted one of his experiments to fail miserably! :laughing:

I don't really hate it but I'd done it every other trip and I didn't really feel like I needed to do it again. I thought an actual ride would be more fun. :confused3 I don't remember ever reading the book as a kid but it actually sounds like something Aidan would enjoy. I'll look for it at the library. :thumbsup2

Yay for MK day!! I hate things didn't go as planned for you guys with early entry :( We only did it once last time, we were late, and it was totally stressful. That's a great castle pic though!! Much better than the view from the CP porch when we were there--it was across a bunch of construction :/ I'm so excited to see the gardens finished this year!

We LOVED CP. That was the one my kids both requested to do again this year. I just love how cute and cuddly all the characters are; I never really outgrew Winnie the Pooh I guess :)

Alyssa feels the same way about the Magic Carpets! It was the first ride she actually enjoyed at MK, so every time we passed it she wanted to jump on :)

Yeah, super stressful. I think next time I'll just try to make rope drop again. We still had the construction walls from the entrance of the park so it's just as well we didn't get a photo from Main Street. Are you going back this year?! Lucky!!

We really enjoyed the breakfast which cheered me up after the initial disappointment. :goodvibes

The carpets are great because if you start out in Adventureland you can do a ride right away without a wait and that gets the day off to a positive start.

That's frustrating! I've actually been reading reports lately of people who don't get let in until right before their ADRs, or people who for some reason can't get the pictures ... I think that pre-park ADRs aren't as valuable as they used to be.

I love all of the character pictures! Even if you didn't get the desired pre-park ADR benefits, it's still nice that the boys enjoyed meeting the characters!

Andy mentioned above the BoG breakfast. Wonder if that's why the crowds are so high. You're right, the great CP experience lessened my disappointment quite a bit.

I think the carpets are such an underrated ride. People think they're just the same as Dumbo & every other ride, but they really are so much fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you did next!

They are great because you can always count on their not being much of a line. :thumbsup2

Having read your dining report, I still can't believe it was so crowded getting into the park for early entry. But your perfect castle view and the boys pics with the winnie the pooh crowd may just make up for it. They are great!

Glad you got your ME all worked out. I haven't gotten our tags for our trip in a few days. They assured me I can just give our claim checks to the ME desk and they can take care of it, but definitely don't have a warm and fuzzy on that.

My daughter loves the flying carpets too. Especially that darn spitting camel. Gets me every time.

I'm gonna vote you go ride BTMR by yourself next!

Totally agree - the CP breakfast and characters made up for my photo disappointment. Oh, I'd be a little nervous about not having the tags but I hope if all works out for you. :thumbsup2

I wish I'd ridden Splash or BTMRR by myself. :sad2:

Just back from a quick trip and catching up.

What lens did you shoot with at the park?

I took two. The first is... from memory... 35-105? 28-80? Something like that. I also took along a fast prime since it was small enough 50/1.4.
Only problem is my camera is an APS-C so getting wide shots was impossible.

I like that one.

I really wanted to ride ToT and S was game so we decided to split up.

So sorry to hear that you guys split up.
But what about the children! Think of the children!
A difference in ride philosophy is not a good reason to split up!

Or maybe it is.

I like this video better than 7DMT. Is that Bernadette Peters doing the voice over?

:laughing: I think it's a little deeper than Peters' voice, but close!

I put my hand to my pocket and my phone was gone.

Oh, no!

we made small talk with the CM. She was really nice and complimented my ring. That never gets old.

:laughing: Who doesn't like being complimented???

It was fun to watch her get into character when the doors opened and the guests got off the ride. She was really into it. :laughing:

Cool!

Finally our car showed up and once it had emptied I immediately spotted my phone sitting right between the seats we'd occupied.

Phew! Good save!

I was thrilled to get it back! :cool1:

I bet!

That's one of the things that has made me a Disney fan for life. :thumbsup2

Stuff like that does happen elsewhere... but never as consistently as at Disney.

Looking back at the trip this is probably my biggest regret - I should have tried. If that's my biggest regret we didn't do too bad. :thumbsup2

I don't know if it's possible to leave Disney without regrets.
I think I left my last park on my last day and thought "Oh! I forgot to do ____!"

I took some photos as we said goodbye to Hollywood Studios.

a. Nice shots. I loved taking night shots there.
b. Say goodbye to Hollywood
Say goodbye to my baby.

They were excited because Mousekeeping had arranged their stuffies into a battle formation.

:laughing: Love that! Too bad you didn't get a picture.

They loved it so much they wrote a thank you note.

Awwwww....

Skipped Frozen Sing-Along for ABC Commissary Lunch because S was hungry but other than that...

nailed-it-gif.101738

Atta girl!

I was excited about getting into the park early for pictures. :banana:

Yes! Empty park pictures!

Then we were completely cut off by another huge family that just had to enter MK before us.

You have to understand, though. They'd paid a lot to be there.

When we made it up to the CM she apologized profusely since she'd seen what happened. I was gracious and said it wasn't her fault but as I'm typing this I'm wondering why she didn't just say, "Excuse me, I believe they were next." :confused:

I have a theory about that.
I've heard this refrain a few times now.

I think, it's their training.
1. Don't make waves. Telling the cutinskis that they'd have to wait possibly/probably would've resulted in them making a scene. NO SCENES.
2. Apologizing to the offended party (in this case, you) lets them know you saw the offense and leads them to believe you're on their side.
3. Apologizing also serves as a passive aggressive way of rebuking the offending party, if they should happen to be within ear shot still.

But it all comes down to "Don't make waves."

IMHO

When we finally got through the gates I couldn't really enjoy it because we needed to rush to CP to avoid being late for our reservation.

Ah... poop.

It became clear to me that the whole reason that I booked this ADR - the early entry and castle photo - was NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Rats! I wanted to see those pics almost as much as you wanted to take them!

The couple in the center of the photo had just gotten engaged so at least I got to witness an engagement. :lovestruc They were also seated next to us at CP with their happy family.

:goodvibes

I did get this picture which I love so it's not all bad.

::yes::

Aidan who is usually so shy would always ask the CM accompanying the characters for a marker. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it is.

Au contraire. It does sound like a big deal.
Good for him!

They just got right in there and hugged Eeyore. He is pretty huggable.

::yes::

I don't think I've written about this but on our first night we got a call about our impending departure the next day. We just got here.

We know you just got here, but I'm afraid you'll have to leave anyway. Buh-bye. What part didn't you understand? The "Buh"? or the "Bye"?

Well, I freaked out when I spoke to someone and they had us departing on the wrong day.

Oh, dear.

Since I was not rational at that point I handed the phone to Jamie and he straightened it out quickly. There was a slight error with the dates on the letter but by the time Jamie spoke to them they'd already corrected it. We were assured that our ME was all set for the next day.

Jamie saves the day! Good thing you guys got back together!

Thanks for the updates! :goodvibes

The boys can't walk by the magic carpets without riding.

They opted to do the Swiss Family Tree House but I declined out of general principle.

What did we do instead?

Day 6
Magic Kingdom Part 2

It's nearing the end of the school year and it's been a busy week. Sammy graduated from Kindergarten! :cheer2: I'm looking forward to having both kids in school full time next year. I don't know what I'll do with all my free time. I might have to find a job. :thumbsup2 :laughing:

When we last left off the boys were exploring the tree house and I was pouting in the nearby gift shop. :rotfl2:

It didn't take long before they'd seen all they needed to see. :cool: We continued on through Adventureland and found a short wait for this ride.

DSC_0942TR - Copy.jpg

The small drop on this one is just enough for the boys to get excited about. :laughing: In an effort to get out of the gift shop without purchasing another weapon I tried to get them interested in the Pirate's Adventure.

They were excited about the prospect of finding some Pirate's treasure. I was bracing myself for their reaction when they found out they wouldn't actually end up with a bag of gold. :rotfl:We got our first map and they were really into it.

DSC_0944TR - Copy.jpg

DSC_0946TR - Copy.jpg

This started out pretty fun. We found the first couple points on the map pretty easily and there were some interactive elements. At one point they scanned their MB and a cannon went off. We had a bit of trouble finding the rest of the points on the map and they started to lose interest. Finally when they located the "treasure" they were disappointed they didn't actually get to keep the treasure. :laughing: Just as I'd predicted. :cool:

There are 5 "adventures" but we quit after the first one. We found a short wait and rode HM.

DSC_0950TR - Copy.jpg

Of course we had to make a stop at the most magical restrooms in the world.

DSC_0951TR - Copy.jpg

I tried to charge my phone here but the boys didn't want to stay still so we moved on. We had a 12:30 FP for A&E and then a 1:10 ADR for BOG so I wanted to hit A&E right at 12:30 so we wouldn't be late for our ADR. I don't remember how much time me had but it wasn't enough to chance waiting in line for a ride so we just wandered around the area of the castle.

DSC_0953TR - Copy.jpg

I don't know if this is permanent or part of Flower and Garden but in an effort to photograph all the topiaries - I know now I failed miserably :laughing: - I had to document it.

DSC_0960TR.jpg

We also got a MM photo but it's was so bad I'm not posting it. :lmao:

The boys took their chances getting the sword out of the stone.

DSC_0966TR.jpg

DSC_0968TR.jpg

No luck this time. :)

We finally found a spot to sit for a few minutes before our FP window opened. I noticed this fountain and it made me :scratchin:

DSC_0964TR.jpg

It looks like the fountain water would be the same water that comes out of the bubblers. Eww. :laughing: I'm sure that's not true but I didn't take a drink just in case. :thumbsup2

Up next we meet a couple princesses.

Last edited:
Day 6
Magic Kingdom Part 3

We were waiting for our window to open up and I noticed some people standing right in the doorway to enter the FP line for Anna & Elsa.
We were early so we'd settled ourselves on a nearby bench to wait. I watched for a while and they did not move. I couldn't figure out why they'd picked that spot to stand at. My only guess was that they too were waiting for their FP. I don't know why they chose to effectively block most of the entrance with their bodies and strollers. :confused3

DSC_0970TR.jpg

You can see the clock says 12:25. At 12:30 we went past them and got in line. They never moved. I could totally see some other guests approaching the entrance and then assuming that these folks are in line, stand behind them. Ugh! :confused:

While we waited I heard a guy behind me remark to another guy about what they do for their daughters. :rotfl: I told him that I was making my sons see the princess with me so that's probably worse. :rotfl2:

We didn't have long to wait before we were next in line. I like how intimate it feels when you meet them. It doesn't feel rushed because there aren't that many other families waiting for their turn behind you.

First up was Anna. She had a cute conversation with the boys - the typical stuff but I think they were charmed by it. :goodvibes

DSC_0973TR.jpg

DSC_0976TR.jpg

MK_PFTHBLUEC1CHAR_7286788811tr.jpg

MK_PFTHBLUEC1CHAR_7286790557tr.jpg

Then we met Elsa.

DSC_0979TR.jpg

DSC_0982TR.jpg

MK_PFTHBLUEC2CHAR_7286794640tr.jpg

I love how shy they both looked when they met them before they smiled for the camera. :laughing: Elsa was my favorite. We talked about how difficult it can be to manage the little goat herders I think she called them. :lmao:

The boys survived the meeting and we headed over to BOG. It was early so we waited along the walls until we could check in. We watched a very enthusiastic CM greet everyone that came up to check in. She had a southern accent and seemed to genuinely enjoy greeting everyone she met. She was "earning her ears" and I thought she was doing a great job. I wish I'd written her name down so I could pass it on to Disney.

Pretty soon we were given one of these.

DSC_0985TR.jpg

We crossed over the bridge

DSC_0986TR.jpg

and were on our way through the doors.

Next up we dine at the Beast's castle.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter