Escape from Real Life to Paradise: A New Trip with New Memories - Completed 4/3

For rides like Soarin' and Toy Story Midway Mania, FP+ really is nice ... to not stress about getting there early and being in the "running of the bulls" to get a paper FP- for it and just know you have your top choice headliner for that day set is really nice. Not a perfect system, but that is a really big positive to it from my standpoint

I agree completely. I know a lot of people are frustrated with the new system, but I still think it is a great benefit that Disney gives us a system like this to begin with...and we happen to love the new method.

love all the food options in World Showcase - gets amplified during F&WF - but even without it there are so many options. Great to share a number of items rather than filling up at one spot

We agree. We always have just one night like this on each trip where we an just snack around the World Showcase for dinner. Have a great week!

I just caught up on your trip report first let me say what a great family you have. I have enjoyed your trip report very much and have some ideas about where to eat on my next trip to Disney. My Girls are older now but I so love seeing Disney thru a childs eyes and its been fun to see how your son enjoys Disney. Thanks for sharing your trip.

I have enjoyed reading your report. We just did the 4 day Dream this past October for the first time. Did you all book another cruise before you disembarked? We did just to get the discount and will be changing the date now that it is a 24 month window.

I just caught up on your trip report first let me say what a great family you have. I have enjoyed your trip report very much and have some ideas about where to eat on my next trip to Disney. My Girls are older now but I so love seeing Disney thru a childs eyes and its been fun to see how your son enjoys Disney. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Thanks for dropping by and commenting! Glad we could give you some dining ideas. If we do anything while at Disney we eat well if you know what i mean!

I have enjoyed reading your report. We just did the 4 day Dream this past October for the first time. Did you all book another cruise before you disembarked? We did just to get the discount and will be changing the date now that it is a 24 month window.

We didn't book another one :(. At the time we knew if you booked onboard you had to travel within 18 months, and we knew we weren't going to be able to do a Disney Cruise again for two years, and we can only really cruise in the summer since we are both in education, so we didn't make a booking. Now they have changed back to 24 months as to when you can reschedule for, so in hindsight we should have done it for sure. Oh well...live and learn! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Monday, June 30 – Part 5 – What Kind of Tasty Treat is That?

There was one more treat I wanted to try on our way around the World Showcase. I had seen this treat in someone’s trip report on the Dis and it looked great. So we headed to America and I picked up one of these:

IMG_1496_zps819adbfe.jpg

The American Dream Slushie! Of course DW wanted to know what kind of tasty treat it was when I got back with it. I told her to not worry and that I would share. It was a nice treat, especially on a steamy evening in Epcot. We both agreed that the blue part was a little tart, but overall it was a nice treat. We walked on around the World Showcase as we wanted to stop by and use our Test Track FP’s before we left the park. A picture in the Italy pavilion first:

IMG_1497_zps5e587b1a.jpg

We headed on towards Test Track and arrived at about 7:30 and DW rode first.

wd072wdw201418192639364_7008959616_18_zps6e845047.jpg

I went on next and even remembered to take a picture of the car I designed. We knew we could probably get through the single rider line faster than the FP line, but we like designing the car.

IMG_1500_zpsc984da65.jpg

wd062wdw201418292649549_7008959623_18_zps39809b24.jpg

We were finished at Test Track by 8:10 and I think we browsed in MouseGears before heading out. I even have these next pictures so I guess this is the point at which we bought April the coffee mug she had seen and been wanting this entire trip. It is a pretty cute cup, although I’m not going to say anything about how it relates to DW!

IMG_1498_zps0521c796.jpg

IMG_1499_zpsc5c259d8.jpg

After buying DW’s mug we headed to the bus stop and got there about 8:30, but didn’t actually pull out of the lot until around 8:55 because they were changing drivers. We finally got back to the Wilderness Lodge around 9:10 and had DS in be shortly thereafter. I think he was so tired he fell asleep by 9:30, which was good as we had an early character breakfast the next morning to make it to.

Up Next: So You’re Telling Me We Need to Slow Down

Tuesday, July 1 – Part 1 – So You’re Telling Me We Need to Slow Down

We got up early today because we had one of our favorite character breakfasts to make it to at the Magic Kingdom. We were up by 6:40 getting dressed and had a goal of being at the boat dock by 7:10 so we could make it to our 8:05 ADR at Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace was one of our best memories with DS on his first trip last summer and we hoped it would still hold that special place in our hearts.

We got dressed and were actually out at the boat dock by 7:00, a little ahead of schedule. A boat was already there waiting on us, so we kind of knew we were going to be running a little early if we didn’t even have to wait on a boat to come. It was a beautiful morning on Bay Lake though! These boat captains may have the best job in Disney!

IMG_1502_zps55b2b70d.jpg

While we were traveling towards the Contemporary we saw an alligator swimming across the lake. Of course I couldn’t get a picture of it because of where it was in relation to the boat. Our boat captain saw it and tried to get is closer to get a picture, but it went under water as soon as we got near it.

We were at the Contemporary by 7:10 since we didn’t have to wait on a boat so we decided to sit for a few minutes and watch some cartoons, so DW and DS did that while I browsed the lobby a little bit.

IMG_1503_zps21c33736.jpg

At about 7:25 we decided to go ahead and start walking to the Magic Kingdom and arrived and got through the turnstiles by 7:35. Once through we took our spot in the early ADR line on the left hand side.

IMG_1505_zps38784ec8.jpg

They let us in at around 7:45 to a beautiful and empty Main Street USA.

IMG_1506_zps09d3c8de.jpg

IMG_1507_zpsef047d6e.jpg

I went ahead to Crystal Palace and checked us in at around 7:50. It’s nice that they let you check in, but they do inform you the doors will not open until 8:00. Which is fine because we went to take some photopass pictures with a photographer in the hub. These were not our best pictures ever. It was already extremely hot and muggy this morning and we had already been sweating after the walk from the Contemporary and standing in line to get in, and when you pair that with waking up early to get to the ADR we all looked a little rough.

wd031wdw201418292717699_7008948007_18_zpse36dd7dd.jpg

Now, despite how we look the photopass photographer wanted to do a magic shot with us. So we obliged and of course DS had to put his hand out too like they told DW and I to.

wd032wdw201418292717841_7008948173_18_zps372b6ac4.jpg

Then, when DS noticed what was happening he got a little made when he didn’t get to have his hands on our hands.

wd043wdw201418292717758_7008948183_18_zps383bade0.jpg

And of course the kissing photo!

wd002wdw201418292717821_zps56d2a94f.jpg

After getting these shots we headed over in front of the restaurant as it was now almost time for breakfast!

IMG_1508_zpsf0e46984.jpg

DS and I tried a selfie while waiting for our name to be called.

IMG_1511_zps2df40ef4.jpg

And it was finally 8:00 and time for breakfast!
Up Next: Cast Member Magic

I LOVE these pictures! They are awesome! I'm a big fan of the American flag and I love to see it in pictures, especially a sunrise or sunset picture. And this is a beautiful picture of Main Street. I love the water on the street. It's a cool look.

I have seen that American treat before. It looks super yummy! So yummy that I might have to add it to my bucket list.

Can't wait to hear about your CP breakfast. That is one of my favorite meals!

I always love your updates. When is your next trip? We went last June as well and can't wait until we get back at the end of March!

I LOVE these pictures! They are awesome! I'm a big fan of the American flag and I love to see it in pictures, especially a sunrise or sunset picture. And this is a beautiful picture of Main Street. I love the water on the street. It's a cool look.

Thanks. They are nothing compared to all of the great pics you take, but that one on the lake with the flag and sunrise is one of my favorites!

I have seen that American treat before. It looks super yummy! So yummy that I might have to add it to my bucket list.

It was good, not on the top level of Disney treats, but certainly something I would get again.

Can't wait to hear about your CP breakfast. That is one of my favorite meals!

Our's too and I'm going to try and get an update out tonight.

Great reviews...you have a beautiful family

Thanks and thanks for reading along!

I always love your updates. When is your next trip? We went last June as well and can't wait until we get back at the end of March!

We are heading down in June again. We waited two years between our first trip and second trip and then only one year between then and our third trip last summer. Now a year again has seemed to take forever!!!

That really is a pretty scene out over the water in the early morning. The boat Captains do have a good job (though might get a bit boring just going back and forth, back and forth - hopefully they get to mix up what route the have each day.

There really is nothing quite as glorious as an empty Main St. :goodvibes

I love this picture because it kinda looks like your son is a magician who made Tinkerbell appear.

That really is a pretty scene out over the water in the early morning. The boat Captains do have a good job (though might get a bit boring just going back and forth, back and forth - hopefully they get to mix up what route the have each day.

We figured out the bus was faster to the Magic Kingdom from the Lodge, but the boat ride was just so great in the mornings! Yes, hopefully they are not stuck on the same route all the time. I did see some of them on the Lodge boats also doing things like working the docks at the Magic Kingdom some too, so I bet they get to rotate to different positions.

There really is nothing quite as glorious as an empty Main St. :goodvibes

I agree. The early ADR is worth it just for that.

I love this picture because it kinda looks like your son is a magician who made Tinkerbell appear.

I've never looked at it that way, but you're right. Thanks for reading along!

Tuesday, July 1 – Part 2 – Cast Member Magic

At 8:00 they opened the doors to the Crystal Palace and we were about the 3rd or 4th family called in. I love the personal greeting when they call your name and say that Pooh and Friends are glad to welcome you. What a nice touch! We had a great waiter, but I’ll get into that later, and before he had our drinks back Piglet was already visiting our table. I have read recently they have slowed down the characters and that it is hard to get out of here by regular park opening at 9:00, but we had no problem last summer. Like I said, Piglet stopped by first and DS got his first hug of the meal.

IMG_1366_zps034aede2.jpg

IMG_1368_zps36aeab0e.jpg

Not too far behind was Tigger. We missed him last summer here because we were done eating at 9:00 and the waiter said he was still probably 30 minutes away, so we decided to head out. So it was nice for DS to see him this time!

IMG_1371_zpsdcd0a8b3.jpg

After Tigger we finally had a little break and got to grab some food. Here is my plate:

IMG_1512_zpsa1890cef.jpg

I also tried something our waiter recommended that he said was new on the menu, the Bacon and Cheese Scones. It was fantastic! I could have eaten just those, well maybe those and a little puffed French Toast, and maybe a little breakfast lasagna. I love all of those specialties here, and they hit the spot today! After we got some food in our bellies Eyore stopped by to see us.

IMG_1373_zps1f91a68d.jpg

Then I had another plate, mainly because I wanted some more puffed french toast.

IMG_1513_zpsa7efdba1.jpg

Our final character, Pooh, came by around 8:45. And DS was so happy posing with him.

IMG_1375_zps98aa2184.jpg

IMG_1377_zps40a6cf50.jpg

By this time it was 8:50 and we were pretty well done. I like this meal when we get all the characters and are done by park opening. The waiter brought our check and here is where we had one of those magical moments with a cast member. I on the other hand am not so magical because I forgot to even write down his name, but he was magical nonetheless. Earlier in the meal DS couldn’t decide what he wanted to drink and so he brought him both milk and orange juice, and then ended up bringing me some orange juice with my coffee too. He also asked DS what his name was the first time he was there and every time he came by our table he would call him by name, ask him if he liked his food, ask if he needed more milk and ask what character he just got to meet. DS would just talk to him and tell him all about meeting Pooh and his friends.

As if this wasn’t good enough cast member magic the story goes on. I used our Tables in Wonderland card to pay, which includes an automatic 18% tip, but since he was so good I gave him some extra as I like to do if they do a great job. As soon as I signed for it I took DS to the bathroom to change his diaper and DW stayed at the table. While I was gone he grabbed the check and walked away, but turned around when he saw it and asked DW if we knew the gratuity was already included and that we didn’t need to add anything else. DW said yes, we knew it was included and that we just wanted to give him a little extra. He seemed so shocked, but very thankful. He even came back after I got back with a to go cup of milk for DS to take with him.

Sorry that was a long story, but while DW was telling me that after we left the restaurant it really hit me. We are not rich by any means, but you never know when just a few extra dollars for a tip might really bless someone, especially when they really deserve it. These magical cast member moments are one of the things that make Disney great!

We walked out at 8:55 and the park was already open. I saved one more picture with Pooh to close the update:

IMG_1378_zps12e4157f.jpg

Up Next: Hair Band or Bust

Love Crystal Palace. I just loved the puffed french toast. OMG. Heaven on a plate.

Looks like everyone enjoyed their meals and Braxton did great with the characters, although I'm not so sure what he thought about Eeyore. :confused3:laughing:

How nice of the server to be so appreciative of his extra tip! I guess since they don't do all that much at buffets they rarely get extra, but I really enjoy the CM's that strike up a conversation and go that extra mile!

I'm back and caught up again.

I love the Land Pavilion too with those balloons. I wish they still went up and down like they used to a million years ago.

Who doesn't love the Fish & Chips? And I bet they were even tastier with that view. WOW...what a great picture.

I've never had an American Dream Slushie...may have to give that a try.

What a beautiful boat ride with the sun rising.

We always get an early ADR for Crystal Palace. It is one of our must-do's every, single trip. I did not know you could check in BEFORE. I'll have to remember that so that I can then go back and get pictures on an empty Main Street. We usually only stop for one so that we can be at the restaurant and checking in right at our ADR time.

You are killing me here. MY Puffed French Toast. Oh how I would love some of that right this very minute.
:worship::worship::worship:

Great pictures of DS with the characters (including my boyfriend Tigger). But my favorite is the one you saved for last. :goodvibes

Love Crystal Palace. I just loved the puffed french toast. OMG. Heaven on a plate.

I know. We had breakfast at Hollywood and Vine earlier and they had puffed french toast, it was good, but so much better here!

Looks like everyone enjoyed their meals and Braxton did great with the characters, although I'm not so sure what he thought about Eeyore. :confused3:laughing:

Yes, he loved them all. I think we probably just didn't get a really good picture with Eeyore!

How nice of the server to be so appreciative of his extra tip! I guess since they don't do all that much at buffets they rarely get extra, but I really enjoy the CM's that strike up a conversation and go that extra mile!

I know. I usually don't leave extra at buffets, but he was that good and very nice that he really appreciated it.

I'm back and caught up again.

I love the Land Pavilion too with those balloons. I wish they still went up and down like they used to a million years ago.

Glad your back!

Who doesn't love the Fish & Chips? And I bet they were even tastier with that view. WOW...what a great picture.

We didn't even know that patio was there. It's amazing the things we are still finding on our 3rd major trip.

I've never had an American Dream Slushie...may have to give that a try.

It was good, not a top tier treat, but a good one.

What a beautiful boat ride with the sun rising.

The boat was awesome in those mornings to the Magic Kingdom!

We always get an early ADR for Crystal Palace. It is one of our must-do's every, single trip. I did not know you could check in BEFORE. I'll have to remember that so that I can then go back and get pictures on an empty Main Street. We usually only stop for one so that we can be at the restaurant and checking in right at our ADR time.

Last year I didn't check in until we had taken some pictures and we got seated after a bunch of people even though we had an 8:05 reservation. This year I check in first, at about 7:55 and then we had 10 minutes or so to take pictures and were still able to be one of the first groups into the restaurant.

You are killing me here. MY Puffed French Toast. Oh how I would love some of that right this very minute.
:worship::worship::worship:

Me too! That stuff is great!

Great pictures of DS with the characters (including my boyfriend Tigger). But my favorite is the one you saved for last. :goodvibes

I know. I love it when you can capture those looks in the young one's eyes. They are the magical shots of Disney!

Tuesday, July 1 – Part 3 – Hair Band or Bust

After a magical start to the morning at Crystal Palace we headed out into the park at about 8:55. The park had already opened and we followed the crowd right into Adventureland. We usually head to Tommorrowland or Fantasyland first, but were trying something different today. The first thing we wanted to do was ride the Magic Carpets of Aladdin with DS. Those spinner rides are such slow loaders that it is nice if you can get the out of the way early. So I took DS on the ride and they even let us stay on and ride it twice as there was not one else in line yet.

IMG_1379_zpsd77b3d62.jpg

After this we headed over to get in a ride on Big Thunder Mountain. DW rode first and then I followed her. I took some pics during the ride:

IMG_1515_zpsbd4df57e.jpg

IMG_1516_zps6e23feb3.jpg

IMG_1517_zps1f70827d.jpg

DW had also forgotten a hairband that morning, which is essential for her to put her hair up when it was hot. So when she got done she set out with a mission to find her a hairband to tie her hair back with. She stopped a few places around Frontierland and Adventureland and couldn’t find one, and when I got off the ride she said she was almost to the Emporium. So I headed to meet them at the hub and she sent me a text in a few minutes that she had found a hairband and would meet me there. So, here it was:

IMG_1520_zps4b6ab18e.jpg

It was about 9:45 at this point and we headed back to try and do Winnie the Pooh and surprisingly the line was still only about 10 minutes long, so we were done there by 10:00. We then headed back to Storybook Circus as DS had been asking all morning to ride the elephants, so to Dumbo we went and DW took him on.

IMG_1521_zpsa8a1fefd.jpg

And after taking about 50 pictures DW and I finally coordinated the picture with her telling DS to wave:

IMG_1525_zpseb50cf2f.jpg

It was about 10:20 at this point and we stopped in to visit Minnie and Daisy at Pete’s Silly Sideshow and we got some great photopass pictures of these meets. DS loves the girls!

wd007wdw201418292826938_zps4ca327d5.jpg

wd033wdw201418292826939_7008954280_18_zpsa0baef4f.jpg

wd061wdw201418292827066_7008954290_18_zpsbb2be5ea.jpg

wd034wdw201418292827068_7008955255_18_zps3158cfa8.jpg

wd016wdw201418292827073_zps8aacf45d.jpg

wd049wdw201418292737622_7008968276_18_zps043831d1.jpg

wd036wdw201418292737623_7008954389_18_zps87ffae0e.jpg

It was then time to use a FP for our first ride on Seven Dwarves Mine Train. I let DW go first and we didn’t talk about it before I went as I didn’t want to hear what she thought until I had ridden it as well. While DW was riding DS and I headed back and got some LeFou’s Brew at Gaston’s. The décor in here is pretty cool!

IMG_1526_zpsd586666d.jpg

While I rode DW and DS went on one of DS’s favorites, the Carousel. So, what did we think of the Mine Train? We both thought it was a great ride in terms of the design, except for the length being so short. I mean they could have doubled the length of that ride and it would have been awesome! I mean the design is good, the thrills are good, but mild enough that the family can enjoy it, it was just so short! I know they were working in a confined space, but I wish there had been a way for the ride to be a little longer. The dark ride portion is great! So detailed and a classic Disney touch, but again, if they could have incorporated a second dark ride scene it would have taken it up a notch. So, we liked the ride overall, we just wished it was a little longer.

Up Next: The End to a Hot and Muggy Morning

Fun update, Jon. I enjoy the Carpets first thing in the a.m. when they aren't so crowded too. And who doesn't love Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I love your DW's Minnie headband...it's perfect. And Dumbo and Pooh...two of our favorites. And Minnie and Daisy are so much fun.

I agree with you. I LOVE the Mine Ride, but just wish it had been a bit longer. I know they were limited on space and the whole concept fits in for the kids and adults to ride together, but a tad longer would have made it better.

Such cute pictures of Braxton with Daisy!

I understand your sentiment about the Mine Train. I felt it was a little short, too. The views are great and so is the theming, but I hate when rides just come up a little short.

Great pics with the gang at CP- especially Pooh. And great story of that CM - and goes to show sometimes small acts can have a big meaning.

Sounds like a great morning with getting on rides. There must be jus millions of off-timed pictures taken over the years at Dumbo - but the one you wound up with at the end nd was definitely worth it.

Definitely agree with you about Mine Train. There are two lifts and two quick sections and two slow sections with scenes to watch - I think even if all those were E instead of two it would be a really great ride. As is it is very good but probably not worth the standby wait times it gets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter