1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

escape brides

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by S <3 M, Apr 30, 2009.

1. S <3 M

S <3 M Planning my fairytale

Do you get to do the first dance during the short ceremony??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tiggerific04

Tiggerific04 DIS Veteran

You can have your first dance during the cake/champagne reception.

4. JandJ

JandJ <font color=darkorchid>If I close my mind in fear

You'll have your first dance during the cake cutting, like Tiggerific said. We didn't want to do, so we just skipped that part and went right to toasts and cake :goodvibes

5. aduck126

aduck126 DIS Veteran

yay! i didnt know this. i was kinda bummed about not having a first dance. what music do you have? i am at the wp so I get the violinist and organ, so does just the violinist follow you? how does it work?

6. ITmickey

ITmickey DIS Veteran

Hi!
    The cake cutting is not performed at the WP, but at the Grand Floridian, so you'll have only the violinist. The organist is available only for the ceremony.
    We chose for first dance 'What a Wonderful World' and sounded very nice on the violin.

7. Tiggerific04

Tiggerific04 DIS Veteran

You also have the option of bringing an iPod and setting it up on the terrace. You or someone in your party has to do it, though. The planners and Disney employees can't do it for you.

We didn't do the first dance, so we just went right into toasts and cake cutting. We actually cut the reception short because it was so hot outside and all I wanted was to sit inside in the A/C!

8. aduck126

aduck126 DIS Veteran

ugh i wish we could skip the toasts and just do the dance... my DF family has this really weird habit of some how always talking about how great ex girlfriends were. im nervous that even on our wedding day they will still bring them up

9. ITmickey

ITmickey DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear that, it is incredibly rude. :headache: :hug: You can always answer back something along the lines of... 'I agree they were wonderful, and I'm very thankfull that they took such good care of him FOR ME while I didn't meet him yet' or something like that :thumbsup2

10. aduck126

aduck126 DIS Veteran

haha yeah! i could try that

11. Tiggerific04

Tiggerific04 DIS Veteran

You don't have to do toasts if you don't want to. You can pretty much organize the reception any way you want as long as it fits within the timeframe. In fact, I hadn't even thought about toasts beforehand. It only occured to me when we were waiting to walk out on the terrace and my planner asked me if anyone was making one! I told her I didn't know, so she went and handled everything and set it all up on the spot. You can always just tell your planner in advance that you'd like to skip that part.

12. honey2741

honey2741 DIS Veteran

I'm confused. How long do they allow you to have for your ceremony? How long do they allow for the cake/champagne reception? Thanks.

13. Tiggerific04

Tiggerific04 DIS Veteran

If I remember correctly, the ceremony time is an hour and the reception is 30 minutes.

14. ITmickey

ITmickey DIS Veteran

Actually, you have an hour and a half and you can assign as much time as you want for the activities. We had half an hour for the ceremony, half an hour for the photo session, and half an hour for the toasts and cake reception. But we were told we could make a 15 min ceremony and expend the rest of the time at the reception, so really is up to you.

15. Inn0c3nc3

Inn0c3nc3 Disney Princess at Heart

That is so tacky. :sad2: I'm crossing my fingers that no one has the nerve to be that disrespectful to you on YOUR day!
    And just remember, even if they do, he knows how amazing you are and that's why he's marrying you and not said "great" ex girlfriends! :cheer2: