Erin and Shane Wishes/SPB/ADH/UK 11/7/13

emc1123

Erin
Hello - So I have finally decided, after months and months of looking around, to start my PJ. Here are some details to start:

Date: 11/7/2013
Wedding planner - Pamela Maddock
Ceremony - 2:30pm SPB
Reception: 3:30pm ADH
DP - UK Lochside for Illuminations

We are Erin and Shane

meandshane_zpsbbebd18d.jpg

We met over 10 years ago, together for just over 4. Everyone knew we were always meant to be together, even us for the most part, but we let other things (and other people) get in our way. BUT... something worth having is worth waiting for and eventually my very best friend became mine forever.

So here we are, planning our DFTW - we both love Disney, Shane is an addict and his family used to go every few years, I have been a few times and we've been once together.

I love reading the PJs of other Disney brides and grooms, and think I will really enjoy having my own!

Welcome Erin. Congratulations!:cheer2:

Can't wait to read all about your plans.:)

emc1123 said:
Hello - So I have finally decided, after months and months of looking around, to start my PJ. Here are some details to start:

Date: 11/7/2013
Wedding planner - Pamela Maddock
Ceremony - 2:30pm SPB
Reception: 3:30pm ADH
DP - UK Lochside for Illuminations

We are Erin and Shane

We met over 10 years ago, together for just over 4. Everyone knew we were always meant to be together, even us for the most part, but we let other things (and other people) get in our way. BUT... something worth having is worth waiting for and eventually my very best friend became mine forever.

So here we are, planning our DFTW - we both love Disney, Shane is an addict and his family used to go every few years, I have been a few times and we've been once together.

I love reading the PJs of other Disney brides and grooms, and think I will really enjoy having my own!

Congrats again Erin! I'm the bride that has the same venues mine's just a day later on 11/8/13! So we're almost wedding twins haha...excited to hear about your plans!!

Oh Sarah, can't wait to compare plans!

We have our planning session on May 6th, and I am bummed cause we have to do a phone session. We just can't get down there now and for the wedding, we are in New York and air fare is too pricey. I really hope I can get the same amount of info over the phone, sorry I will miss all that tasting though ;)

This is where I am at right now,
Decided to do my own save the dates, made a pamphlet with all the info that everyone needs and sort of RSVP page to get a grasp on everyones plans. It seems noone wants to make plans this far in advance, we are still just under 9 months and the cooperation is scarce

Here is my save the date:

302A000A-C4F1-4171-97CF-AA57E551519C-239-0000001218736E46_zps64ee03db.jpg

BF68F92B-1FE4-48C9-AF0D-57A130F27E8A-239-0000001214AF4D07_zps22e6d4b8.jpg

ED148CCC-8A7D-4D5A-836E-34F32BB2A920-239-0000001211161521_zps1f841c2a.jpg

Also I have decided on silk flowers, I can get them ahead of time and ship them down, and they can be quite beautiful - here are my top choices for my bouquet: I have chosen chocolate brown for my bridesmaid dresses

il_570xN_409286729_9j2a_zpsa927ae42.jpg

il_570xN_238770056_zps87aa8d25.jpg

il_570xN_383905155_ib7g2_zps3eb68967.jpg

And for the bridesmaids, I want green hydrangeas, :

il_570xN_376617727_ng5a_zps098730d9.jpg

I have a million ideas in my head, just time to execute them!

Thanks for the kind words.

We have had a little snafu, Shane's godparents were supposed to serve as our officiants, well something happened, we really don't know what, and now they can't make it.

Does anyone have recommendations for officiants?
We are not religious and want a simple ceremony - THANKS for any advise.

We're using Rev. Kevin Knox! While I haven't had my wedding yet, we plan on having a non religious ceremony. His ceremonies are very customizable.

Hi Erin! I'm catching up on your PJ too! I love your Save the Dates! What a great idea doing a brochure with all the info! And the flower options are amazing! I especially love the first one and the ones for the bridesmaids...LOVE green hydrangeas!

I'm sorry to hear about your DF's godparents not being able to officiate, that's tough but I'm sure you'll find someone great! I'm dragging my feet about finding someone. I know I shouldn't be but I'm just not that interested in the things that aren't FUN to plan. Horrible, I know haha...

I get it Sarah, I want to plan the fun stuff.

I need to vent for a moment about the not fun stuff.
Noone in the family seems to be able to decide where they want to stay.

They made decisions back when we were picking our room blocks and now his parents, brother, my parents and sister, are all staying outside of the room block.
Well his parents and brother can't decide.

It's driving us mad... Guests are going to scattered all over...

I know where we will be staying, I guess that's all that matters :cool1:

I get it Sarah, I want to plan the fun stuff.

They made decisions back when we were picking our room blocks and now his parents, brother, my parents and sister, are all staying outside of the room block.

I totally understand your frustration. However, something I've pretty much come to peace with is that "regular" people (i.e. people who aren't used to booking Disney vacations) don't realize the importance of booking early and making your plans as soon as possible. And having everyone spread out really isn't that bad of a thing. Also considering everyone can easily come together when they need to for things you have planned or, obviously, your wedding events. I would just make sure they understand how the transportation works and always allow plenty of time to get around especially if they're taking Disney busses. I really think it will be ok. ;)

In addition, if you're on facebook, you should join the DISbrides group! That is, if you haven't already. There is a wealth of information there as well as a great group of supportive girls who will also understand when stuff like this comes up! :goodvibes

We're using Rev. Kevin Knox! While I haven't had my wedding yet, we plan on having a non religious ceremony. His ceremonies are very customizable.

I asked DF to choose the officiant and we're using Rev. Kevin Knox as well! I've been giving him stuff to do to take some of the stress off of me and, well, honestly, he really likes helping me with the wedding stuff. :thumbsup2

I can understand the frustration as well. Most of our guests haven't booked yet, which makes me nervous. I've lost my flower girl and with her went at least 3 room nights. We're really nervous that we won't be able to fulfill the obligation and will end up paying for a number of rooms ourself. And really, I'm not even sure how many guests to expect; our first count was about 40, but then after we told everyone we were getting married at WDW the total shot up to around 70....now I just don't have any idea (wow, run on sentence much?! LOL). Not an ideal scenario, but I can only do so much. I keep trying to talk up staying on property with all the perks, but it just seems to fall on deaf ears. Oh, well, I will *not* let it ruin my wedding or my attitude....but it is extremely frustrating.

Congratulations and welcome! I love your save the dates and flower ideas. We are using Rev. Glynn Ferguson as our officiant. He is not on Disneys official list but I heard great things about from other Disbrides. We haven't had our wedding yet so all I can really say is he was quick with communication and he does a have non-religious ceremony that can be further customized, which is what we'll be using. But one way to make choosing an officiant slightly more fun is to narrow down your options and then find some disney wedding videos to get a feel for how they project, sound, look and interact with the bride and groom. I found that was helpful for me to choose and as a bonus I got to see a lot of inspiration from other disney weddings. :goodvibes

8 months away today ! Our planning session is still 2 months away so I feel like I'm not really doing anything.

Think we have decided on Rev Kevin Knox. I think his style will mesh with ours, we will be having non demoninational ceremony and I like his options for that. Save the Dates are ready to go out and I know of a few people that have booked their rooms. Time to get a dress!!

I guess we are moving along the way we should.

DF and I are still arguing about transportation. We are going to need a charter since we have more than 2 stops, and he doesn't want to spend the money for the day. We are not having a dessert party now, had to sacrifice that :guilty:
So we just have to get from the hotels to SBP, then from ADH back to hotels.

Has anyone used outside vendors for transporation?
I had one Disbride recommend Colbus and I have reached out to them for information.

Congrats on 8 months! 8 months for us tomorrow yay!! :goodvibes

I'm researching officiants this weekend. I got a ton of great recommendations on the facebook page yesterday so I have some work to do in choosing! Kevin Knox or "Rev Kev" as he's called came very highly recommended though! I think he's a pretty popular choice from what I've heard.

Have you decided where you're dress shopping?? Or what kind of dress you want? I was SO relieved when I finally found mine...it was something I thought would be easy and it turns out I'm a lot pickier than I knew! Good luck to you in your search! :thumbsup2

Has your DF expressed why he's concerned about transportation? I honestly would try to convince him it's really not necessary (or drop the fight if you're tired of it) and that it would be more fun for your guests to apply that money to something else in your wedding. I just don't think it's that much of a hastle for guests to find a way to get to and from your wedding venues. If it's the two of you he's concerned with you can use a car service which would still be cheaper than providing transportation for all your guests. This is just my 2 cents. I'm sure my planner will try to convince me otherwise once we have our planning session but I really don't see the point haha :confused3

Also, so sorry about your dessert party. :sad1: I really wanted one too but with the amount of guests we're having there's no way we could justify the cost when we're already (most likely) going to go over budget just from the dang f&b!! So I hear ya...but your wedding will be beautiful and fun no matter what! ;)

Just joining in now!

I really like the idea of silk flowers - definitely something we will consider as my fiance really doesn't like flowers (allergies). Even if we don't do silk, we're going to be very minimal with floral.

Here I am, sorry I haven't posted in awhile.
There wasn't much to report, not sure what I should be doing right now!

We did book our Officiant, Rev. John Swiney, put down our deposit and are ready to go on that.

We also sent out STDs and have gotten some positive responses, we have already met our room nights for our room block, all that worrying I did for that was for nothing, (maybe I should remember that!).

Just waiting for May 6, our planning session, still bummed since we have to do it over the phone, I have a million questions.

Good news is that my sister is finally 100% on board with this wedding. Her opposition was so frustrating and stressful, but for whatever reason they came around and are as excited as we are.
Next step is dresses, for me and the girls. There are 4 girls and 2 flower girls.
My best friends since I was I was a kid, Jessica and Sarah (Sarah is a Disney Bride herself), my sister Christine and Other best friend CaryAnne.
My nieces, will be 6 this August, Paige and Mackenzie are the flower girls.

I have tons of ideas in mind and know that the color will be chocolate brown with more than likely green hydrangeas for flowers.

Will keep you updated on whatever we do next!!

6 MONTHS FROM TODAY!

Very busy and productive weekend!
I FOUND MY DRESS! Tried on several at David's and ordered one! Also found the bridesmaid dresses too. What a relief to have this part done!

Not quite my size, but I could tell that I loved it!

Bridesmaid dress (with BM Jessica and my sister Christine), will be Dark Brown.

Also, Monday we had our planning session, DF and I had to do it over the phone , money and time off issues, but we got the idea.
Plans are as follows:

Picking groom and groomsmen up at Poly at 12:30pm
Picking Bride and bridesmaids up (wherever we are, not sure yet) at 1PM.
Pics at Boardwalk and SBP
Ceremony 2:30pm SBP
Pre - 3-4 - ADH
Reception: 4-7 ADH

Have to scrap DP, its ok, we will get together and watch one of the firework shows anyway, prob from Boardwalk.

Its all starting to come together!! So excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter