Erin and Jarrett’s PJ---new Misty photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick questions. how long after you send your contract before you have to give the save the date information? i've sort of been a slacker about it. also, have you guys done any creative stuff with the website that disney provides for you? i'm starting to get stressed out with my checklist of things to accomplish, and i was just trying to prioritize. thanks! :confused3

If Hawaii doesn't happen, does anyone know a location that would be lush and tropical like Hawaii? I want to be able to go on hikes and see volcanoes, and have more of an active honeymoon. Any suggestions?

First off, Congratulations! Second, in response to your question, I might suggest St. Lucia. It's one of the islands in the Caribbean, it has an active volcano, is great for hiking, also has lots of beautiful beaches, and they filmed some portions of Pirates of the Caribbean there. Happy planning! Can't wait to read more. :)

Okay, sorry it's been a while, but I think that's how these things go. School is wrapping up right now, and my kids just took their massively insane standardized state tests. All of you teachers out there know what a relief that is. Of course, it's only a relief until you get your test scores back. :teacher:

Anywho, I got my planner. I have Marion, and I'm soooo excited! I secretely wanted her, because of Caryn's planning journal. It was one of the first ones I read, and I thought it'd be great to have a planner with an accent. :woohoo:

I also got our signed contract in the mail along with our annual passes. Not to be a pessimist or anything, but why are they neon green? I just don't get it. Maybe so people won't lose them? Knowing me, I probably will.

I ordered my bridesmaids dresses on jcrew. It's the dress I already posted, but I got it in vintage burgundy. It's a nice Christmas red. I ordered them on the phone, and spoke with this guy Derrick, who was FANTASTIC! I think Disney must have secretly told him to take good care of me. I think Disney has an "in" everywhere! He even gave me a pretty substantial teacher discount. I love teacher discounts!!

I'm still undecided on the honeymoon. Airfair to Hawaii keeps going up and up and up. When I think too much about it, I just start imagining myself in a hamock in the backyard, and I play an ocean waves cd on my ipod.

Anyway, that's about it. I truly feel like a slacker. I read all of these PJ's and think "wow, welcome bags what a great idea" "oh a newsletter. i 'could' do that." "cool. handmade wedding party shirts. how do you even think of that?" and all of these things just make me realize how uncreative and unmotivated I am. I do, of course, appreciate the ideas. I just know that they're above my creative ability and force me to go back to watching tivo. I do admire you though disbrides.

That's all for now. :banana:

Just caught up with your PJ! Congratulations! Beautiful dresses, I love the "sticks" it will be very elegant for a winter wedding! i am using peonies for my bouquet! They may be a challenge to get in winter- but I'm sure they will do it if you want it!
Looking forward to more!

quick questions. how long after you send your contract before you have to give the save the date information? i've sort of been a slacker about it. also, have you guys done any creative stuff with the website that disney provides for you? i'm starting to get stressed out with my checklist of things to accomplish, and i was just trying to prioritize. thanks! :confused3

I just found your PJ, everything looks great. Your dress is beautiful!

It took 7 to 10 days to process my contract after they received it and then they sent the save the date out. I think the first person had theirs two weeks later.

I really wanted peonies as well but I was told they are not in season in october. I think they are more of a spring/summer flower.

I just found your PJ! Everything looks great!! I am hoping to do a VR in Dec 2010 and I was going to use white and red as my colors too. I want a slight christmas theme but not too over the top.

A few questions:
Has anyone done wine service? My DF and I love wine, and we decided not to have an open bar (my parents aren't really comfortable with it). Our planner sent a list of all the wines by the bottle, but they're so ridiculously over priced. I just was wonderful if anyone has done wine service only and what wines you chose.
Also, my DF and I have our heart set on certain Disney World menu favorites (the portobello soup at AP, and the pumpkin ravioli from FF). I was wondering if anyone has customized their wedding menus, and if the prices escalated quite a bit.
Lastly, I know I'm so behind on getting an officiant. DF and I had our heart set on having a close friend of the family perform the ceremony, but long story short, it's a no go. Any recommendations on a pastor? I definitely want a religious ceremony, but I don't want it to be "too religious". That probably sounds awful. I go to a non-denominational church and my DF is Lutheran. Any recommendations would be great! And since I'm going there with the whole religion thing, anybody do premarital counseling? My DF thinks it's a ploy for churches to get money. I think it couldn't hurt.
Thanks for listening and helping with my questions!

Anyone who wants to see a few more of our engagement pics, go to mistymiotto.com, enter website, galleries, then engagement. Jarrett and I are in the first 12 pictures. That's right... we made it on the website! It makes me feel like a model! Am I exaggerating a bit? :banana:

WOW! Those are some fantastic pics... Misty did a great job, you must be so pleased! You guys look so sweet and happy!

"Here's your cake" :rotfl2:

Just found you pj, everything looks great! What a romantic engagement story!! DF was the one who hooked me on Disney too, now I think he regrets it because I won't shut up about all you Disbrides!! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter