EPIC isn't ONCE in a lifetime~ Final entry before GO time (4/17)!!! April 2013 PTR

Just found your PTR Candace! I am a fellow April 2013 DIS'er. Subbing in! :)

Thanks for following!!!! We can keep each other company while we wait!!! You're not too far from me up there in Maine.....it's so cold....Florida is looking sooooooooo good right now!

I know and I heard we have some subzero weather heading our way! Florida does look really good right now. :thumbsup2

Wooohoooo!!! :woohoo:

Thanks for reading along!!!! I promise....no more changes!!! The trip is exactly how I want it now...and my household is happy and excited!!! NO MORE CHANGES!

Where are you guys staying??? And have you changed 42 times like me??? :upsidedow

We're Dark Siders. :rotfl:We're staying off-site, in a townhouse at Windsor Hills Resort. Before we made our reservation, we changed houses about 10 times. I'm pretty sure we will be sticking with the one we've paid for, but I'm crazy, so you never know! :goodvibes We're pretty happy, so I doubt we will change. Dining reservations on the other hand...Those are more likely to change.

we all know about Post Disney Depression ::yes::

But, I also get pre-Disney funk :sick:

I've noticed that a couple of months out from my trips, when the plans are perfect, the binder is in order and there is nothing to do but....wait....I find myself less excited about the trip. :(

:confused3

OMG Candace!! This condition that you describe is the reason why I think I got us all involved in the dog drama!!!:rotfl: I am bored now!! I know EXACTLY what you mean. You get in the right groove with your trip, and then you feel empty. What now???:scratchin

Girl, we need to meet up one day I am telling you.:rolleyes:

We're Dark Siders. :rotfl:We're staying off-site, in a townhouse at Windsor Hills Resort. Before we made our reservation, we changed houses about 10 times. I'm pretty sure we will be sticking with the one we've paid for, but I'm crazy, so you never know! :goodvibes We're pretty happy, so I doubt we will change. Dining reservations on the other hand...Those are more likely to change.

Ahhhh, an ADR changer!!!! :rotfl2: I do admit that I have been prone to that as well, because you know....when I change resorts, I have to change to ADR's close to the resort. :idea:

Well, it looks like you have a big group going. You'll probably be happy to have a nice space to spread out in! :thumbsup2

OMG Candace!! This condition that you describe is the reason why I think I got us all involved in the dog drama!!!:rotfl: I am bored now!! I know EXACTLY what you mean. You get in the right groove with your trip, and then you feel empty. What now???:scratchin

Girl, we need to meet up one day I am telling you.:rolleyes:

jen I think that's why we are resort changers!! If we're not planning, were not alive!!! :lmao:
But yeah, a dog would have been something to focus your attention on, especially that little rascal by the sounds of it. :eek:
I do hope we have the opportunity to meet up someday....we would be able to keep each other occupied while we wait! Or just enable the changing even more...:rotfl:

I can't believe I called CRO last night!! :scared1:
But again, I didn't want to watch the Pats anymore, so I called about the Poly....but when CRO answered, I got scared that a GVCL room would be available...so I think that means I am really happy with YC CL....I feel very happy about it....no more calling! :rolleyes1

I have updated our daily plans and they look like this

4/18/13 - Arrival Day!! :cool1:
Our flight is at 5:20 pm, so we will have dismiss DD8 at 12:00 pm, as Limo will pick us up at 1:30 pm to arrive at Logan for 2:30 pm. We can have dinner at Boston Beer Works. Our flight lands at 8:27 pm, so we should be at the Yacht Club via Magical Express at approximately 9:30 pm. We should have time to grab a snack/drink in lounge before going to bed.

4/19/13 – Magic Kingdom Morning (opens at 9 am)
Breakfast in the lounge
We need to purchase our TIW card ($100) at guest services!!!
Lunch at noon and we can leave the park around 2 or 3 for pool time and lounge snacks.
Epcot will be the evening park. (EMH until 11 pm)
We can watch IllumiNations at 9 pm and hit lounge for desserts before it closes.

4/20/13 – Hollywood Studios Morning (EMH starting at 8 am)
Breakfast in the lounge
We can try to sign DD8 up for Jedi Training.
We have dinner reservations for Cape May Café at 5:00 pm.
Magic Kingdom in the evening (open until 11 pm)

4/21/13 – Animal Kingdom Morning (opens at 9 am)
Breakfast in the lounge
We can have chicken fried rice this day at AK!!
We can have lounge snacks prior to heading to Magic Kingdom. (EMH until 1 am)

4/22/13 – Epcot Morning
Breakfast in the lounge
We have lunch reservations at Via Napoli for 12:45 pm
We can have lounge snacks prior to Hollywood Studios in the evening (EMH until 12 am)
We can catch Fantasmic at 8:30 pm or 10 pm.

4/23/13 – Epcot or Pool Morning
Breakfast at Captains Grille at 9:15 am
We can have lounge snacks before heading to Magic Kingdom (open until 11 pm)
We can see Wishes at 10 pm in the park on this night.

4/24/13 – Down Day/Date Night!!! :thumbsup2
Breakfast/snacks at lounge during the day
Sleep late and have some pool time.
We will drop the kids off at Sandcastle Club (5:00 – ???)
We have reservations at Yachtsman’s Steakhouse at 5:30 pm
We can walk Boardwalk, World Showcase or Hollywood Studios (open until 10 pm) after dinner.

4/25/13 – Open/Pool Morning
Breakfast in the lounge
We can have snacks in the lounge before heading to Magic Kingdom for the evening. (It is open until 10 pm)

4/26/13 – Hollywood Studios Morning
Breakfast/Snacks in the lounge this day with random park snacks.
Epcot will be the evening park (Late EMH until 11 pm)

4/27/13 – Magic Kingdom Day/Night
We have breakfast reservations at Cinderella’s Royal Table at 8:15 am
We have dinner reservations for Be Our Guest at 6:00 pm
I would definitely like to see Wishes (at 10 pm) in the park this evening.

4/28/13 – Girls pick a park ~ Departure Day :sad1:
Today can be favorite rides & shopping.
Our flight does not leave until 9:15 pm, so Magical Express around 6:15 pm.
Arrive in Boston at 12:03 am…hope we sleep on the plane!
Our estimated arrival at home is 2 am.

How does it look??? I'm pretty excited! :cheer2:

This all has been imported onto a beautifully updated, color-coordinated spreadsheet of course. Thanks to my fab DH! :love:

Looks like a pretty solid itinerary to me! It's too bad we are going to just miss each other!

I think it's a good mix of rest, fun, and alone time w/DH. :love:

He absolutely loved how our trip went last time, so we'll try to recreate that as much as possible!

Those of you following along already know that I have some severe resort changing tendencies. :rolleyes1

I will tell you that I am very happy with our current reservations ~ ahem ~ YC CL, in case you forgot...which wouldn't be hard...:rotfl2:

But, I do admit to calling CRO last night to check on availability of Poly CL...is that bad??? Should I just let it go??? Thus far, there is no GV room Poly CL available under the military discount - only TPV. Maybe this is a good thing, a sign even....why can't I leave well enough alone....

I have the urge to just.keep.checking....:headache:

Someone tell me to stop, someone tell me it's done...I think I need therapy. :rolleyes:

Your plan for YC CL looks great. I've crossed paths with you for a while on these boards as I am a Poly CL lover. I know from what I have read that you really are drawn to the Poly. I envision your family fitting very well at the resort--CL or not. But I can see you having the ultimate vacation in the Hawaii building--Wishes every night of your trip!! Whatever you decide, you seem like a wonderful person and I hope you have a fabulous vacation!:goodvibes

Your plan for YC CL looks great. I've crossed paths with you for a while on these boards as I am a Poly CL lover. I know from what I have read that you really are drawn to the Poly. I envision your family fitting very well at the resort--CL or not. But I can see you having the ultimate vacation in the Hawaii building--Wishes every night of your trip!! Whatever you decide, you seem like a wonderful person and I hope you have a fabulous vacation!:goodvibes

Aww Shucks, Thanks!!! :blush:

Yes, we have crossed paths quite a bit! :goodvibes

I have to admit that I was shocked when I saw a post of yours the other day about switching to an AKL villa! I know what a proponent of Poly CL you are! :thumbsup2

We'll get there one day...I suppose it doesn't hurt to keep checking, does it...and if it's meant to be, it will be...:goodvibes

Aww Shucks, Thanks!!! :blush:

Yes, we have crossed paths quite a bit! :goodvibes

I have to admit that I was shocked when I saw a post of yours the other day about switching to an AKL villa! I know what a proponent of Poly CL you are! :thumbsup2

We'll get there one day...I suppose it doesn't hurt to keep checking, does it...and if it's meant to be, it will be...:goodvibes

You'll know when the time is right and when it is I am sure you will love it.:thumbsup2

We stayed in the CL building 2 trips in a row. Poly regular GV rooms several times before those stays. The rooms are spacious no doubt. The lounge area is a bonus and we need the space. But, 10 nights with 5 people in a room still gets a little close for comfort as the kids get older. And, in August it will be nice to have the washer/dryer in room. We are trading, space, laundry and new resort for CL. Believe me, it was not an easy choice. But, I am actually looking forward to it now.

You'll know when the time is right and when it is I am sure you will love it.:thumbsup2

We stayed in the CL building 2 trips in a row. Poly regular GV rooms several times before those stays. The rooms are spacious no doubt. The lounge area is a bonus and we need the space. But, 10 nights with 5 people in a room still gets a little close for comfort as the kids get older. And, in August it will be nice to have the washer/dryer in room. We are trading, space, laundry and new resort for CL. Believe me, it was not an easy choice. But, I am actually looking forward to it now.

For a family of 5, I think the villas are an awesome option. I'm sure you will appreciate the extra space to spread out. I can't wait to hear how you like it! :goodvibes

Step away from the phone . . . .

:rotfl:

How did you know I was on it???? :rotfl:

No seriously...I am at work, it is MLK day, very sloooooooooow....I had to occupy the time!!! :lmao:

Still no Poly GV CL available....and I am fine. :thumbsup2 YC CL lives to see another day! :cheer2:

On another note, I made another ADR (for a Captains Grille breakfast one morning), and I did it through the new website (first time using new website to make a reservation)....Love how it shows up in my reservation list 7 times....:upsidedow

All the same details....just shows up seven times. I won't even bother to be annoyed by that... :crazy2:

MM-Fabulous trip plan! The only thing missing was a yummy breakfast at Captain's grill, and you just added that. Won't be long till you are there! :yay:

MM-Fabulous trip plan! The only thing missing was a yummy breakfast at Captain's grill, and you just added that. Won't be long till you are there! :yay:

I know! I've heard such great things about their breakfast, so I'm going to give it a go! I'm actually excited to have a meal where there aren't characters coming to the table every 5 minutes. :p

You KNOW how I feel about YC CL. STAY PUT you wont regret it!!! :)

You KNOW how I feel about YC CL. STAY PUT you wont regret it!!! :)

Hey scottmel!!! :wave2:

Yes!!! I know how you feel!!! I was actually thinking about PM'ing you the other day because I wasn't sure if you knew of our "final decision". :p

Tell me all you know wise one!!! :worship:

Well, I can say with almost 100% certainty that I will be sticking with YC CL!!!! :cheer2:

The reasons for this may be considered laughable:

The main reason is that tour dates were announced for
THE PACKAGE TOUR

What is the Package Tour??? Well, one thing I did not disclose is that at 34 years old, I am still a HUGE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK FAN!!!

Yeah, I enjoy "Hangin' Tough" and having "The Right Stuff" :upsidedow

In summer of 2011, my girlfriends and I went to two concerts in one week!!!

And today, NKOTB (yeah, I just used the abbreviation) announced tour dates for this summer, and we are going to buy tickets for the 5/31 show at Mohegan Sun!!!! :cheer2:

So...basically the $500 that it would cost me to upgrade to the Poly is now going to feul my Donnie Wahlberg obsession...the obsession I've had since I was 10 years old. Yay!!!!! :cool1:

On another note, last month we refinanced our house for the 2nd time down to a 2.75% fixed interest rate...and we just got our escrow disbursement check today, to the tune of $1500!!!! Now, our spending money for Disney is all taken care of!!!! ::yes::

Today is a good day...:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter