Epcot World Showcase

D Morggggg

WE ARE
Hello all! My trip is soon approaching and I have questions for the world showcase. My sisters and their boyfriends, including my girlfriend and I, are interested in doing the world showcase and hitting the countries for their.. alcohol. Is there a strategy to this? I've heard of bar tours or ways of doing it, but we have never tried it! Any advice?

I don't think there's really a strategy - just start somewhere and work your way around. Have fun :)

The only tip I'd give is to share your drinks, or you're unlikely to be able to complete your tour.

The link given above hits most of the important points.

My DW and I always start in Mexico and end in Canada. She can handle her tequila flight at the beginning with no problems but the end tends to put her into sleep mode.. :)

As a posted above.. Make sure to get some snacks and water while you do it. If not it could be a rough next day.

We start in Mexico and work our way around, never made it to Canada, I get cut off, lol. Drink responsibly if you can, they have some good alcohol on the trip around the world.

I don't think there's really a strategy - just start somewhere and work your way around. Have fun :)

Agree. BUT - take water and also have a snack in each of the countries. For example - I can't stand any of hte alcohol in China but I love the pot stickers. So, I grab a glass of wine in Norway and then get the pot stickers in China. Keep moving around and grab what you feel like having. But all of you should have a bottle of water with you. Sip the alcohol, sip the water, take a bite to eat. Repeat on your trip around. You can start with fish and chips in the United Kingdom at the outside place. Get a funnel cake in America. Previously mentioned pot stickers in China. All can be shared.

Oh - and use Disney transportation or a designated driver after your adventures.

We did the drink around the world and would highly endorse the "snack as you go piece".
I think if you pace yourself and keep hydrated (water after every country) and snack at every other country, you can easily do it (we did) AND have fun. We all had a buzz going, but were not sloshed.
We started at UK and ended at France.

LOL! Great tips! Best to eat as you visit, or it is a problem. I vacation with my DD and her DH. DD rarely drinks so Jeff and I are drinking companions. We tend to share because I like to try different wines and cocktails, and Jeff is happy to finish them up for me! He likes the beer, I do not. We can try different things and still not get intoxicated.

One thing we found out the hard way, you cannot stroll out with a cocktail. Who knew????? Do not buy your last and most waited for drink just as you are ready to leave and walk to the Yacht Club for dinner. You can't. LOL!

Hello all! My trip is soon approaching and I have questions for the world showcase. My sisters and their boyfriends, including my girlfriend and I, are interested in doing the world showcase and hitting the countries for their.. alcohol. Is there a strategy to this? I've heard of bar tours or ways of doing it, but we have never tried it! Any advice?

If you are interested in craft beers, check out this blog: http://www.hereforthebeer.com/craft-beer-around-the-world-at-walt-disneys-epcot/ We know these people and they wrote a great post about where to find craft beers in Epcot.

My husband and his coworker made it almost all the way around world showcase when they attempted this last month, but they ran out of time before they finished. We are going to drink our way around when we visit in November, but we are already figuring that we will do it in two days instead of one.

I've tried this 3 or 4 times. The most drinks I've had in 1 evening were from 9 countries. We tried again on our trip earlier this month and we only managed to do 7. We went back to Epcot the next day for lunch though and finished off the final 4 countries. Since we managed to do all 11 countries within 24 hours, I consider it to be a success!

Agree. BUT - take water and also have a snack in each of the countries. For example - I can't stand any of hte alcohol in China but I love the pot stickers. So, I grab a glass of wine in Norway and then get the pot stickers in China. Keep moving around and grab what you feel like having. But all of you should have a bottle of water with you. Sip the alcohol, sip the water, take a bite to eat. Repeat on your trip around. You can start with fish and chips in the United Kingdom at the outside place. Get a funnel cake in America. Previously mentioned pot stickers in China. All can be shared.

Oh - and use Disney transportation or a designated driver after your adventures.

We'll be staying at the Beach Club Villas so as long as no one falls into the bushes or Crescent Lake..

Go Penn State! My husband is an Alum! :-) Have fun!

Awesome! Just graduated a few weeks ago. We Are!

#1 bit of advice, START IN MEXICO. Their drinks are really good and probably some of the strongest. You do not want to end there after a day of drinking. Also eat some salty snacks as the salt will help you retain the water you lose from the diuretic effect of the alcohol. And do NOT miss the grapefruit beer in Germany.

When I drank around the world I also used a passport and had the CMs write in it.

One thing we found out the hard way, you cannot stroll out with a cocktail. Who knew????? Do not buy your last and most waited for drink just as you are ready to leave and walk to the Yacht Club for dinner. You can't. LOL!

Very true. One Cast Member told us it was for different alcohol licenses but who knows if that's the reason. But yes, you cannot exit or enter any Disney theme park with open alcohol. You can't enter any Disney theme park with closed alcohol and if you purchase wine bottles at any place in a Disney theme park, you will have to carry it with you.

Last edited:
Very true. One Cast Member told us it was for different alcohol licenses but who knows if that's the reason. But yes, you cannopt exit or enter any Disney theme park with open alcohol. You can't enter any Disney theme park with closed alcohol and if you purchase wine bottles at any place in a Disney theme park, you will have to carry it with you.

Found that out too! I promise you, I am not a rule breaker, I really am not! Last October I traveles with my friend, and stayed at the GF. WE purchases cocktails at the pool bar and strolled to the monorail to go to MK for the evening. Wel, we did nto finish so we were standing by the water, just watching the people when w saw about 5 security guards start coming towards us. Oh no! Not again!!!!! They were really nice but holy embarrassed!

I've always heard to start in Mexico and work your way around. Lots of water. Don't forget to snack.
"Liquor before beer and you're in the clear", That's the saying anyway!

Side note, the Welsh Dragon you can get at Rose & Crown is super good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter