Epcot, what a pain to get in!

I seriously doubt this. They're doing this now for a reason. They don't want people parking at the TTC and going to Epcot, so both people who do that and monorail resort guests have to suffer through 2 security checks. It won't change when construction's done

I think it’s incorrect to say Disney doesn’t want that, as it probably means that person has a ticket that allows them to hop and they paid Disney a premium for it, or they are visiting a monorail resort that day too. It’s not as if TTC parking is free. It doesn’t make any sense to park at the TTC and go to Epcot unless you’re visiting MK or a monorail resort as well.

It also makes no sense to deliberately annoy monorail resort guests, I’m sure their strategy is not to deliberately piss off people at their most expensive resorts.

Epcot, and MK are both a mess. You have to walk a mad mile to get from the parking lot to the TTC in MK, and nearly as far to get to the entrance at Epcot. I know this stuff needs to be done, but gosh.

I seriously doubt this. They're doing this now for a reason. They don't want people parking at the TTC and going to Epcot, so both people who do that and monorail resort guests have to suffer through 2 security checks. It won't change when construction's done
The monorail exit and entrance will both be within the security perimeter at Epcot when they are done. That will decrease the number of guests that need to be screened at the Epcot entrance, thereby allowing them to have fewer security guards handling the screening, and saving them money, while giving guests arriving by monorail a better experience, which is a win win for Disney.

Guests parking at TTC to go to Epcot isn't a concern.

Unfortunately, I can see that entrance turning into the nightmare that the main entrance is once the Skyliner opens.
Maybe at that point, IG access should be restricted to visitors arriving on foot, by boat, or via gondola?
I have to say I have read a handful of these types of posts in the last few months and never for any of the other parks. there must be something that could be done to make it smoother.

I’ve found the security at EPCOT to be horrible. I don’t know what’s different there than at other parks. I would think they all have to follow the same rules.
Epcot has more methods of arrival in that one place than any other park: taxi/rideshare, bus, monorail, walking from car, gram from car.

I seriously doubt this. They're doing this now for a reason. They don't want people parking at the TTC and going to Epcot,
Why do you think this? Why would Disney not want guests parking at one park but then using Disney transportation to another?

So can someone fill me in on what the entry procedure is? We haven’t been in 5+ years. And I just don’t remember. Is it finger scan every day? Or magic band every day? Both? And what are you allowed to bring in? Water bottles are ok, right? And food? We’re not breakfast people, more of a granola bar later in the morning kind of thing.

Finger scan + Magic Band for every entry. Water and food is ok, the only odd change is no loose ice. If you are bringing a stroller in, it has to be within certain dimensions. No selfie sticks. In most cases there are 2 choices for security the bag search line and the no bag line.

Finger scan + Magic Band for every entry. Water and food is ok, the only odd change is no loose ice. If you are bringing a stroller in, it has to be within certain dimensions. No selfie sticks. In most cases there are 2 choices for security the bag search line and the no bag line.
And no glass.

Maybe at that point, IG access should be restricted to visitors arriving on foot, by boat, or via gondola?

Epcot has more methods of arrival in that one place than any other park: taxi/rideshare, bus, monorail, walking from car, gram from car.

Why do you think this? Why would Disney not want guests parking at one park but then using Disney transportation to another?
I think they want everyone parking at the TTC to be going to MK as that's always the most popular park. On a related note to the above question, is gatorade or soda still ok? We haven't tried those at all recently

Epcot, and MK are both a mess. You have to walk a mad mile to get from the parking lot to the TTC in MK, and nearly as far to get to the entrance at Epcot. I know this stuff needs to be done, but gosh.
What happened to the trams at MK?

Maybe they should send out a video in advance of everyone's visit, showing people how to have their bags open and ready... and then how to use the MagicBand and finger reader.
Yes. They should send something out, but also include it on the DME video from the airport too just to make sure at least some people watch it.

I wish TSA would do that at the airport too, come to think of it.
TSA at our airport has a designated person walk up and down the line repeating the same instructions - about what to have out of your bag, what isn't allowed through, if you need to take your shoes off, etc. It actually is helpful and people seem to be better prepared. Disney should have a CM walk around the bag check area repeating that people should have bags out and unzippered, and listing off what is prohibited.

Yes. They should send something out, but also include it on the DME video from the airport too just to make sure at least some people watch it.

TSA at our airport has a designated person walk up and down the line repeating the same instructions - about what to have out of your bag, what isn't allowed through, if you need to take your shoes off, etc. It actually is helpful and people seem to be better prepared. Disney should have a CM walk around the bag check area repeating that people should have bags out and unzippered, and listing off what is prohibited.
They do. People don't listen.

There is already a security check at TTC.

There is already a security check at TTC.
I know. So if you would park by the TTC then you would go through that and the one at the EP entrance if you use the monorail there, which they'd rather people not do when first getting there (they're fine with people hopping there later from the TTC though). So that's why it was designed that way with security, to have only people going to MK parking by the TTC

I know. So if you would park by the TTC then you would go through that and the one at the EP entrance if you use the monorail to EP, which they'd rather people not do when first getting there (they're fine with people hopping there later from the TTC though). So that's why it was designed that way with security, to have only people going to MK parking by the TTC
Right but with the changes the monorail exit will be past security so I understand what TTC will have to do with it.

I swear I'm always behind the person with 8 million zippers on their 5 bags....security checkpoints should be like ski trails. Go through the beginner one if you don't know what you're doing, and pick the triple black diamond if you have everything unzipped and opened when you put your bag on the table.
I have a smaller crossbody with 4! zippers. I have all my zippers unzipped with a lot of things out of my bag. I think it helps when the guards can actually look around the bag without contents in the way

So, what is everyone's general advice for arriving by car to Epcot? Park and walk to the entrance? That's what I am getting for these posts-(I think!)

So, what is everyone's general advice for arriving by car to Epcot? Park and walk to the entrance? That's what I am getting for these posts-(I think!)
I can’t speak for those staying in the park, but we are staying along International drive and drove to Epcot Mon and Tues. Maybe a 5 min walk from the Amaze parking lot (one of the first standard lots, not preferred or handicapped). Arrived between 9-9:30. Security line for bags went quickly, as did admission lines.

Maybe the crowds weren’t bad these mornings, but I didn’t find entering Epcot as troublesome as some of the other posters.

We were there the first week of August, staying at Pop. We drove each time we went to Epcot. We bypassed the tram, and walked from our car to the entrance. Most of the time, we were faster than the tram.

Minor warning, regardless of how you arrive, pay attention to the signs when leaving Epcot. All parking folks must exit out of one of the gates to the right (as you exit). Bus riders must exit out of one of the gates to the left. If you exit the wrong way, you will need to come back in the park to get to the proper exit. Things will probably change as they work through the construction, so always follow the signs.

I know. So if you would park by the TTC then you would go through that and the one at the EP entrance if you use the monorail there, which they'd rather people not do when first getting there (they're fine with people hopping there later from the TTC though). So that's why it was designed that way with security, to have only people going to MK parking by the TTC

I think they want everyone parking at the TTC to be going to MK as that's always the most popular park.
If Disney didn't want people to use the monorail to get to Epcot they wouldn't have connected it. The Epcot line goes only between the TTC and Epcot. If they wanted people to not park at the TTC they would made the line go from Epcot to MK and no stopping at the TTC. I don't understand your logic on that.

Convenience-wise if you're only going to Epcot yes it would make more sense to park at Epcot's parking lot. That said some people just really like the monorail. And if you're park hopping there's no rule or strongly recommended advice/guidance by Disney that you start at MK then go to Epcot. No one cares if you start at Epcot and then go to MK or start at MK and then go to Epcot.

I do believe the general thought is they had planned to eventually reconfigure Epcot's security once the decision was made to go to the process now. Reconfiguring where the monorail drops off people is a way to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter