Epcot.. this week!

Vickie46

DIS Veteran
I just returned home... I just wanted to say make sure to plan to do Epcot first thing very early...

We went to Epcot and night a couple times and could barely get our stroller thru the countries... it was crazy.. we were even late for our Storybook princess meal and told us.. sorry... we gave your table away.. you are 15 min late.. I was very mad... I couldn't get thru that place.. well I spoke with the manager and they gave us the last sitting of the night.. which made us misss Illuminations.. very crazy night..

anyways... make sure to do Epcot early..

Even when we went to late magic hours or whatever.. wait times were like 50 minutes! CRAZY!

Epcot is very crowded due to the food and wine festival...

Just wanted to pass this along so it would help you plan your day! :earsboy:

That happened to us last year. We were blown away by the crowds in WS. We had never been during F&W Festival before so we were used to having WS to ourselves. Since we stay at the BWV, we like going there a lot in the evenings for supper and to see the entertainment in the countries. I was quite disappointed last year when we were in the swarm of people.

This year we were there for the soft opening on the 30th and the first night. We stayed away from WS except for the Canada booth (cheese soup!!).

that is great you knew.. We will know next time to plan our days away from the WS... or just go to WS very early in the morning. :banana:

does ws open earlier due to f&w ?( wondering how you could do it very early in the morning) are the crowds due to free dining plus the beginning( first weekend i think ) of food and wine or is epcot always packed during food and wine

Oh yes, WD can get absolutely clogged with people! I remember back in 2000 trying to get to the France pavillion for dinner. Oy! DH, DD, DFIL, DMIL & I were trying to fight the crowds AND the Tapestry of Nations parade. And it was sprinkling too! And this wasn't even during the F&WF (it was mid-September). We were so stressed by the time we go to dinner.

Last year we were there duing the F&WF and the crowds were terrible. DH even commented that maybe we shouldn't visit WDW during that time again. Eek!

Always give yourself LOTS of time to get anywhere in WS!

Debbie

World Showcase does not open any earlier during the Food and Wine festival. This will be our 4th trip to the festival and we love it. We plan on it being busy and we just take our time. The festival is very worth it to us. It is more crowded on weekends that during the week, as many locals also come to enjoy the festival.

We've noticed the same thing in the 3 times we've been to the F+W. Monday - Thursday the crowds are at a comfortable level. Friday morning is ok with Friday afternoon/evening the crowds begin to build. Saturday is a definite mess. We've planned our trip in 2 weeks to go to Epcot on Wed + Thurs and then the other parks Friday and Saturday.

I think that if you try to do WS early (11am - 3pm), it's better than in the evening. I've noticed lots of locals coming in after 4pm. What I like about WS is the entertainment (ok, and the food). If you go too early, sometimes you miss out on a lot of that.

WDW LOVR said:
We've noticed the same thing in the 3 times we've been to the F+W. Monday - Thursday the crowds are at a comfortable level. Friday morning is ok with Friday afternoon/evening the crowds begin to build. Saturday is a definite mess. We've planned our trip in 2 weeks to go to Epcot on Wed + Thurs and then the other parks Friday and Saturday.

Is it like that through October and November?

WDW LOVR said:

We've planned to go on Thursday 20th & Sunday 23rd, are Sunday's as busy as Saturday? Will the crowds die down after the first few weeks? We had no trouble getting an ADR at Le Cellier, or San Angel Inn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter