Epcot Starbucks opening soon

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Robo, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Simba77

Simba77 DIS Veteran

And don't get me started on Monsanto House of the Future (and where it was built), courtesy of one of Disneyland's biggest corporate sponsors and original DL financiers. It was basically the original innoventions.

If that thing was built today, just off to the side of the hub (at either DL or MK), there would be riots.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fairestoneofall

fairestoneofall DIS Veteran

4. My2Qtz0205

My2Qtz0205 DIS Veteran

They were testing when we were there last week as well. MIL and I wanted to be chosen for that so badly! I told her to stretch and yawn as we walked past the CMs, but to no avail.

5. grimley1968

grimley1968 DIS Veteran

I'm going to veer :offtopic:, but I've read Neal Gabler's Walt Disney biography three times now (it really is an excellent book, well sourced, well written, etc.), and it's pretty entertaining reading just how far Walt and Roy were willing to go to get corporate sponsorships for Disneyland, the tv show, and the 1964 World's Fair. Even Walt had some pretty frank (and funny) things to say about such things. Walt was of course gone before even MK opened, but (IMO) all the corporate sponsorships WDW has had in the years since his passing do nothing to tarnish any desired reputations. If anything, I'd bet Walt or Roy would be asking why the Disney corporation doesn't get more corporate sponsorships. I think they were of a mindset that the Disney corporation needn't pay for things that an outside corporation just as easily could. That's the way I see the Starbuck's deal.

6. Pickleball

Pickleball Earning My Ears

We just happened to be walking by the entrance to the construction. There was a guy standing there under a blue umbrella and he was handing out different drink vouchers and we got one each.

7. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

Yes, they do :) If you're part of the rewards program, you can earn points but you can't redeem them

8. kazfloyd

kazfloyd momof1plustwins

When I walked by today it looked as it was all cast members waiting to go in. There were about 20 of them waiting at the blue umbrella to enter.

9. Disney_Princess83

For the cast member preview I assume?

10. skyekitty

skyekitty Earning My Ears

I sure hope it is open by mid September when we go. Although I cringe to think of the prices. I usually just get a plain coffee, but even that is probably pricey at Disney!!

11. Disney_Princess83

It will be open by mid September. The prices are between 0.25 cents and $1 more than a Starbucks outside of the parks

12. BMWTeamLeader

BMWTeamLeader Earning My Ears

13. daizieduck

daizieduck DIS Veteran

Good to know, thanks! :)