Epcot Rumors...

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by disneyworld1977, Mar 22, 2013.

1. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

No way in heXX.

That is a possibility.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

Take a look at the last line of what i said and then cross reference it to the sentence above...

cross-mojination

4. lockedoutlogic

It takes Disney more than two years to build a bathroom these days. Construction schedules are very measured.

I see the same silliness repeated thread after thread around here...more money thrown into WDW at this point makes no sense...from THEIR perspective.

we keep showing up no matter what they do or don't do...so why not save the money?

I'm actually thankful they've bothered to announce renovations to PI...
    but i know my limits: new big things in EPCOT, carsland, star wars land...

they're all fools errand in Orlando right now. it doesn't make sense.

5. LunarDistortion

LunarDistortion Earning My Ears

Personally, I would like to see a rollercoaster there.

6. Lesleyluvsdisney

Lesleyluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Surely Chevrolet would have paid a substantial portion of this to change the sponsorship? I agree (not having experienced the new ride yet, we arrive in 12 days) I think it was gravely in need of an upgrade and maintenance, but wish they'd kept with the original concept.

in regards to another country, surely they couldn't put a country pavilion on the old body wars site? thats no where near WS? :confused3

I do realise this is all speculation at the moment, EPCOT is my favourite park :love: even though over the years its cobbled together a mish mash of attractions that bear no relevance to each other, but they are NEVER going to have 4 "perfect"parks unless they bulldoze everything as start from scratch again :scared1: x

7. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~Yes! Very well said, Tekneek! I totally agree & I wouldn't mind if Disney abandoned the whole "Future World' theme in Epcot altogether.

~Disney if you are reading, please bring OZ to Epcot. I will suggest this every single time. I loved the Land of Oz garden, so don't stop there, keep going!!! :goodvibes

~Thanks for being the voice of reason & for putting things into perspective. It's just fun to dream a little, even if it's "impossible." :wizard: :goodvibes

8. diamondpixienc

diamondpixienc DIS Veteran

Stop! Stop! Lol! Lol! ROTFL! Maybe Momma June will have a Sketti n' Butter booth at the F&W fest that year...lol!

9. BlackMagicWoman

BlackMagicWoman Mouseketeer

This is an excellent point. My brother and I were just discussing this today actually. The ET ride at Universal is so dated that it is laughable and T2 is just as comical now. The Mummy and Jurassic Park are good rides so we can ignore how old it is now.

We were discussing the virtues of AvatarLand vs. StarWars Land. Starwars land makes sense. It has a huge following and at this point the fandom has endured for decades. Things like Toy Story and Cars are good investments because people keep watching children's movies. My dd still watches movies that I saw as a child so Alice in Wonderland, the Lion King etc, are still relevant. I see no reason to invest tons of money in something like Ozland. Even right now, I look at Harry Potter in Universal and everyone is gushing about it but in 15 years will visitors still find it to be relevant or will they look at like I did when I rode ET recently?

I don't know what's going on with Epcot. It's like they've forgotten to make the Future enjoyable.

10. akadada

akadada Doin' It All for My Baby.

Disney needs to get back to building experiences rather than just rides. Building rides worthy of making a movie out of, not a movie that then becomes a ride.

I think then we could get excited about long term legacy of rides. Until then, I'm in LockedOutLogic's camp on this one.

11. lockedoutlogic

Just had some scrapple, huh?:wave2:

12. Tekneek

Tekneek Mouseketeer

It wasn't a compliment to Disney when I talked about their abdication of the mission/purpose behind Epcot. It was more like an indictment of Disney leadership/WDI.

13. floridajen

floridajen Annual Passholder

I'm waiting for a complete redo of Journey to Imagination!

14. lockedoutlogic

You and every other Disney fan :worried:

15. CentralFloridian99

CentralFloridian99 The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they w

I'm guessing this will be EO.

16. snowglobe

snowglobe Earning My Ears

they should add an overlay to Spaceship Earth to make it look like the Death Star during Star Wars weekends

17. Pirate princess 2

Pirate princess 2 Mouseketeer

I hope whatever is new will be more than just a new restaurant in Morroco. Not that I don't like this idea, I'm just hoping for something a little more exciting.

18. CtinaDitty

CtinaDitty Disney Fanatic

While I was on my lunch break I read a news story regarding a new waterfront restaurant at the Morocco Pavilion. Could this be the answer the the rumor mill?

19. CtinaDitty

CtinaDitty Disney Fanatic

Woops didn't see your post before I posted! :laughing: