Epcot Photo Shoot

*Pixiedust1438*

DIS Veteran
After spending a lot of time prioritizing and reading bad reviews of MK photo shoots, I am leaning towards cutting it, since we need to cut some things, and it's not even counting towards our minimum. We are also scheduled for an Epcot photo shoot, and now I'm debating whether to keep Epcot or cut that too. World Showcase is both mine and DF's favorite area of WDW. I am hoping some past brides could post their photos of their Epcot Photo shoots on here, or direct me to another thread where I can find some pictures of this. Thanks.

I don't have any photos to point you to, but if World Showcase is your favorite part of WDW, then I would vote for doing everything you can to keep the photo shoot in your plans. Being able to have that photo shoot is one of the unique things about having a wedding at WDW. :)

Check out my TR (link in my signature) for a bunch of pics - I flip flopped back and forth on the MK and EPCOT shoot and now don't regret it for a second....My pics are great - I have many more not posted here that are equally fantastic...plus the experience in itself was just super amazing!

I have a crazy idea that we'll be using for us. Wearing my wedding gown isn't important for me, so this might not work for you, but instead of paying a disney photographer to shoot us, I'm just going to have us both get dressed up, take my DSLR in and hand it to strangers/friends/family to get some shots :D

Remember as a DFTW bride you can always do this at a later date (fully wedding attired!!!), when the budget allows!!

Keep in mind that the many of the terrible reviews are from a few years ago when brides like Carrie and I had our shoots with such disappointing results. Many brides at that time were the victims of very shoddy photography and even worse customer service... Recently, things seem to have improved and the work coming out of DPS has been markedly better. So while part of me wants to scream that you should avoid DPS like the plague, I think you're on the right track looking for recent work to base your decision on. Several of the shoots posted in the last while have been very beautiful.

We just had our MK/Epcot photoshoot on 12/10 with Ty and we are very pleased with how the pictures came out. I'm pretty sure our photo shoot counted towards our minimum so you may want to check with your planner about it before you decide to cut it from your budget. We were very on the edge about whether we wanted to do it or not because of all the mixed reviews but I am so glad we did- it was truly a once in a lifetime experience. Here's a link to our photos:

http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings
Username: Yount / Harp Bridal Portrait
Password: 1971

If there is a photographer you even remotely think you want definitely request. The only reason we got Ty was because we requested- he would have had the day off but since we requested and he didn't have anything major planned he came in just for our shoot. Good luck with your decision!

Unfortunately, the bridal portrait sessions only count toward your minimum if Disney is also doing your wedding photography OR if you have the shoot on the day of the wedding.

I'm sorry I don't have any photos to show you, but I too, might be changing my BP session to Epcot only.

MK and Epcot were in my plans but I'm having second thoughts about MK because of the time changes. I love the castle pictures with the night sky, but since DPS has changed the time to 7 instead of 6 a.m. I don't think I'll get the photos that I want. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!