EPCOT Passports?

Discussion in 'Scrapbooking' started by ladyemz, Jan 23, 2012.

1. disney-akj

disney-akj DIS Veteran

I printed mine on photo paper, do you think the stamps will smear??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessNancy96

PrincessNancy96 Scrapbook Mom Moderator

Michelle,
    Just let them stay open a few moments and wave them in the air abit.. I only had one that lightly smeared and that was because DS got so excited about seeing something he closed the book before I had my hand in between the pages to stop it from closing!

4. Meloramelora

Meloramelora Earning My Ears

Such a cool idea. Just wondering, is this something only children do/would it seem silly for an adult to get their "passport" signed. I've got lots of (adult) world travellers in my group that would definitely love this type of keepsake.

5. PrincessNancy96

My husband and I did it with our kids... the kids had a book and we had a book.. we split the countries so we each had interaction with the CMs!

6. mommy2paisley

mommy2paisley DIS Veteran

These are awesome!!!!!!:cool1:

7. momto28weeker+1

momto28weeker+1 Mouseketeer

Great idea! Thanks!

8. dburg30

dburg30 Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I

Has anyone done the passports on double sided photo paper?

9. Reddy

Reddy Scrapbooker

depends on the paper - get a sharpie & see if it works some photo paper the sharpie will wipe off - also try a stamp on it & see if it stays

10. Jillianv29

Jillianv29 Mouseketeer

Since it was printed on photo paper you didnt have any issues with them stamping or writing on it??? Curious before I send to the store

11. PrincessNancy96

No we had no problem with them stamping on them.. I kept them open for a few extra minutes and fanned them a bit to get them dry... I think only one smeared a bit but that was because it started to rain as I was trying to dry it... but they look great otherwise!!!

12. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

Nope it was great. It was more like a mat photo paper, not glossy. Typically a type of paper that they would use for digital scrapbooks.
    Like Nancy said we just held them open for a second, but the pens and ink they use dry pretty quickly.

this is the book I used:

http://photo1.walgreens.com/walgree...studio/?tab=photo_memorybooksComparechart_5x7

I see they have a spiral bound now too. I might use these next time

http://photo1.walgreens.com/walgree...tab=photo_memorybooksComparechart_SpiralBound

13. Jillianv29

Jillianv29 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the response. I was literally having the hardest time finding somewhere that had the 4X6 flip book that was printing front to back. Most were single pages which really wouldnt work.
    These aren't that way, right? Like after the cover on the back of it would be page 1 and then page 2 next to it and then page 3 would be printed on the back of page 2???

14. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

They are all back to back like a regular book.

Let me dig mine out an take a few quick pics. Give me a couple of minutes.

15. BernardandMissBianca

16. Jillianv29

Jillianv29 Mouseketeer

OMG. Thanks so much for getting that out and taking pics for me. I was worried I would spend the money and it wouldnt print like that. Is that 4X6? It looks great for that size.

Thanks againa!!!!!

17. BernardandMissBianca

It's the 5x7 but it's more like 7.75x 5.75.

It's a good size and they are really thin. Thin enough for me to make a pocket for the kids Disney scrapbooks that I could slide the books into.

18. sonjamray

sonjamray Earning My Ears

This looks so cool! So do the passports serve as autograph books at Epcot?

19. PrincessNancy96

They are passports that are signed by the CM's from each of the World Showcase countries.. (The Kidcot Stops)... The CM's will stamp it with a country name and Duffy stamp (used to be a Mickey)... Then they will sign something for you about their country..

One year they did Happy Birthday for my DH in their language. Other times they write a special note about their homeland.. Like the CM one year wrote of the UK that it was the home of Winnie the Pooh. We have met many wonderful CMs doing the Epcot passport...

20. sonjamray

sonjamray Earning My Ears

That is so neat! I will be doing that this time!!!!

21. morgansmom2000

morgansmom2000 DIS Veteran

I tried to do a new Epcot passport through ArtsCow for next year and they refused to do it because of copyrighted images. :(