Epcot...Good Place to Find Characters?

momof2cutegirls

DIS Veteran
We are planning on taking our 3 and 4-year-old daughters to the Princess Breakfast in Norway. Afterwards, we'd like to spend some time at Epcot visiting other countries. With our girls being so young we are concerned there won't be a ton of things for them to do at Epcot. They don't always need to be entertained by rides, but I thought a late morning/early afternoon of character hunting would be the thing to do while at Epcot.

Are there characters at The World Showcase everyday or just now and then? Also, what time do they typically make appearances? I am thinking of Belle and the Beast in France, Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco, etc.

Thanks for your help!

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and someone was kind enough to provide me with the following link to Epcot Entertainment. As you scroll down you will see where the characters are and at what times. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time.

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/EPCOT.htm

You can find several characters in the WS.

Belle and Beast in France. The schedule for this normally says intermittently from say 12:30 - 5:30 (not the exact times - I can't find my most recent times guide) - Have not found them yet!

Mulan and Mushu in China -same - in the Pavilion next to where the queue show is for the movie

Jasmine and Aladdin (I've heard Genie is there sometimes - we are "hunting for him!") - same - they are way in the back in a room off of the gift shop.

Pinocchio - Italy

Mary Poppins and Pooh characters in England - I think they have moer specific times here - I've seen pics of MP in the garden - we have not found the characters there yet

Snow White - Germany

Kenai and Coda (Brother Bear) can be found in Canada - we have always seen them near the gift carts

If there is a character in particular that you are looking for and cant' find a scheduled time, ask a CM in the country. We wanted Mulan that last time we were in China, and the CM was able to tell us the next scheduled time.

You can also find several characters at a time in Character Connection (near Innoventions West) in the fountain area - they are haven from say 9-5 (could change with the season - not sure I have always noticed 9-5). This is a great indorr location, with Photopass photographers, and a great way to see several characters all in one location - each has a separae line, as well as sometimes there are some in the "hallway" - we have seen Donald, Minnie, Mickey, Chip and Dale and Pluto, as well as Gepetto. We have only gone in once!

I hope this helps, and if I find my times guide around here - I will edit to add the specific wording from last weeks schedule!

ETA - The previous poster posted a great link (that I always forget about) - this shows the time periods that I was speaking of, so I will not post them here - thansk Beejie!)

In January '06 we saw:

Belle and Beast in France in the side courtyard
Snow White in Germany
Mary Poppins near the garden (across from fish and chips stand) in UK
Pooh, Tigger, and Alice inside the toystore in UK
Aladdin, Genie, and Jasmine in Morocco near the end by the water
Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Goofy, at Character Connections

One thing fun to do at EPCOT are the kidcot stations at each country. Stop in each country and at the first one your child gets a mask they can color and decorate, then at each other country they get a "charm" to hang from it and a stamp. Once they get all the countries they get a prize at the end. Plus they keep their mask with all the charms on it as a souvineir. In Future World they have them too in each ride and they get a lanyard and badge and can add charms for each ride. My girls (2 and 4) LOVED it.

We just went to the World in March and my 2 year old loved the following in EPCOT:

1. Journey into Imagination w/ Figment ride
2. Spaceship Earth
3. El Rio del Tiempo ride in Mexico
4. Maelstrom ride in Norway
5. Turtle Talk w/ Crush in the Living Seas Pavillion
6. Living with the Land ride in the Land Pavillion
7. Kidcot Fun Stops - they get to make a mask and add onto it in each country
8. Playing games in Innoventions
9. Character sightings

There was more to do than we thought for her age group.

Thank you for all the tips and suggestions! We don't plan on spending all day at Epcot, but I think we'll have plenty to do.

My husband and I went to Epcot just for an evening on our last trip and saw Pooh and Tigger in the Toy Shop in U.K. It was sort of a hidden area way towards the back of the store. It sounds as like we may have to do some more 'hunting' for our favorites!

I've seen Mary Poppins a couple of times in the UK. One time she was in the garden across from the fish and chips and I don't think anyone realized she was there. She was walking around and studying the plants. I've also seen Pooh in the UK behind the buildings where the Beatles bands play.

Lots of good advice here! We also sometimes seen Aurora in France, either in the garden area near the water (behind the stores), or on the main sidewalk in France. Also apparently there have been characters meeting at the American Adventure, out on the main sidewalk. I saw some common ones there in January, and others have reported seeing some there, too, like the Country Bears. In England, we seen Alice in Wonderland there on our last trips, too. Epcot's World Showcase definitely has it's characters! :)

We've also seen:

Dopey in Germany
Geppetto in Italy
Aurora in France

I've read reports that characters were appearing at American Adventure - are they still?

We did the Princess Lunch in Norway last year, and it was great! My daughter was 4 at the time, and the look on her face as they each came to our table was priceless!!! But, I was surprised that there is alot for kids there also. My daughter and my son (then 8) enjoyed going from place to place getting the stamps and cutout for their masks from each country. It was like a treasure hunt to them finding each table. Also, we got lots of pictures of characters there, without quite as long a line as over at Magic Kingdom. Also the Innovations building, they can build a robot and keep it as a souvenire (sp?) I think they enjoyed the Innovations buildings alot, there is alot of interactive things for them to do there. Hope that helps.

We did the Norway dinner last month and loved it! We had the girls (dd5, dn4, dcs 4, 2, and 2) dress up and it was great! Aurora is dds favorite and the look on her face to be with Aurora was priceless, I melted!

We went the Character Connection first off and at the start of our trip we got photos and autographs with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale, Donald and Goofy. We heard that Belle and Aurora were in France, but the party we were with did not want to wait. We saw Jasmine and Genie in Morocco, Gepetto and Foulfellow in Italy, Snow White in Germany, Timon and Rafiki at the Outpos and Mushu and Mulan in China. It was a great day and a great start to the vacation! Have a great trip!

We saw Pooh, Tigger, & Eyeore in the toyshop in the UK last week.

It's not in the World Showcase but don't forget the Character Connection over by Innvoentions. THey have a bunch of characters in there and there is not that long of a wait. The few times we went we had them all to ourselves.

Enjoy,
Frank :wizard:

Genie only comes out on high attendance days, the same goes for Dopey in Germany.

On very high attendance days Timon and Rafiki can be found at the africa outpost.

In the later evening just after character connection closes, you can sometimes find chip and dale over and the International Gateway.

Figment may soon make a return, and what else......

Oh, occationaly baloo and king louie as well as Max make apperances at Character connection as you exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter