Epcot Food & Wine Festival tips needed

July 19 for DVC, TiW and AP. But I think the early booking is just for the beverage seminars. If you can go to one M- Th, there is a $2 discount.

Public gets to book July 21.

I didn't realize only for bed seminars. Thought I had booked everything at once in the past.

Considering the trader Sam's offering, have a feeling it will go fast.

I didn't realize only for bed seminars. Thought I had booked everything at once in the past.

Considering the trader Sam's offering, have a feeling it will go fast.

I'm going to try to book everything when I call. They can say no if it's beverage only and I'm sure not all openings will be available to the early birds, so we may have to call again on July 21, anyway.

I wan to do Trader Sams, too. Good luck to both of us - and all who try. :)

P.S. I read that the Chase Disney Visa holders can call starting at 7 am Eastern - so a 2 hour head start on the rest of the early bookers.

Number for Chase is 407-939-1870, but Disney Food Blog said 407-WDW-FEST will probably work, too.

ONLINE BOOKING WORKS NOW - BEFORE THE PUBLISHED TIME!

Got the demos online. No discount but easier than calling. Thanks for mentioning it.

Got the demos online. No discount but easier than calling. Thanks for mentioning it.

You're welcome. I did the same thing. I hate waiting on hold and the online booking was very easy - worth foregoing the $2 discount for me.

I'm going to try to book everything when I call. They can say no if it's beverage only and I'm sure not all openings will be available to the early birds, so we may have to call again on July 21, anyway.

I wan to do Trader Sams, too. Good luck to both of us - and all who try. :)

P.S. I read that the Chase Disney Visa holders can call starting at 7 am Eastern - so a 2 hour head start on the rest of the early bookers.

On the phone @ 7 am sharp today. Told Traders Sam's not available. On the line for over a half hour while she checked with her support...almost an hour long call in it's entirety.

Read elsewhere here others booked an hour ago >:(evidently not loaded in when I called. Why am I surprised? The same thing happened with last year's SWW events. Don't understand why they can't have things in place properly.

Naturally, all the allotted Disney spots for TS are gone by this point grrr

Just told no additional pre-sale dates between now & 21st for DVC/AP/TIW for TS.

Phone lines will be very busy on the 21st me thinks.o_O

Last edited:
What can be booked online & where do you do it? I am trying for Italian Regional Food & Wine Pairing for October 21st. Got closed out on the 19th, after 1 1/2 hrs. on hold (Two tries - VISA at 7AM & DVC at 9AM)
Would love to avoid speaker-phone-on-hold-experience on Thursday!

I called back in using the Tours # 407-939-8687 and got right thru @ 7 am today.

The date I had tried to book previously, was sold out. Interesting since I was told only a % of slots were being offered early to Disney Visa that disappeared within a few hours on Tuesday. Something was definitely 'off' there.

Anyway, was able to book the following week @ TS!

CM initially said it wasn't available. Another CM had told me previously that it (Behind the Scenes @ Trader Sam's Grog Grotto) was basically 'hidden' on their screen, not where it should've been located.:bitelip:

JIK anybody still trying to book it, have the CM check this way:

Products
Food & Wine
& it's located right before Morrocco

:confused3

Had to laugh that after I got off the call, noticed a beverage seminar I hadn't seen when checking before & called back...wait time over 1-1/2 hours eek. Wil try again later.

Good luck to all!

keishashadow - AFAIK, all of the beverage seminars can be booked online.

I waited 45 minutes this morning - used two phones and called on both tour number and main number. Trader Sam's for 10/5 was sold out. CM found it and tried, but no joy. She was sympathetic and said it was very popular. I'm working on being happy with what I booked online with early booking. Might take a few more minutes, LOL.

Called at FEST # at 7 AM. Thank you for the advice to not wait until 9AM for DVC dining. 34 minute announced wait was 31 minutes. Got Italian Food & Wine luncheon.
CM apologized because she "only had 12 noon". Fine, I said.
This is our third year for this luncheon and I have grown tired of the Disney-created drama around booking these events. I spent two hours on hold on Tuesday. If we hadn't promised our new DDIL this luncheon, I probably wouldn't have called back today.
Happy I got it. Really not happy with this whole experience!

Called right at 8am and was on hold 45min. Luckily got the Italy wine vs beer for the date I needed. Could not get it with the early DVC booking period.

keishashadow - AFAIK, all of the beverage seminars can be booked online.

I waited 45 minutes this morning - used two phones and called on both tour number and main number. Trader Sam's for 10/5 was sold out. CM found it and tried, but no joy. She was sympathetic and said it was very popular. I'm working on being happy with what I booked online with early booking. Might take a few more minutes, LOL.

Sorry, perhaps they will add more dates on if it's a big success?

I'm especially glad to be staying for 2 weeks this upcoming trip, at least it gave me a chance for the 2nd week.

I'm at the point where I can't decide which restaurant to book for lunch re eat to the beat concert. DH is big fan of Blues Traveler, would like to cut down that wait in line. Went with Biergarten but having 2nd thoughts as he's not a fan of that sort of food. At least that's fixable.

Sometimes the Chase lounge people have bracelets for a special viewing area for Illuminattions. It's a nice viewing area, by Italy.
HOPE that they have these again this year. Last year the Chase Lounge was crazy crowded, so didn't get to ask for a bracelet for the special viewing area; hoping!:wizard:

We went last year and did an Italian food and wine pairing at Tutto Gusto and something called French Afternoon (or something like that) at Monsieur Paul. Both were excellent, but the Tutto Gusto event was our favorite. We were there 10/21-10/26 and the crowds were pretty bad the entire time. It is definitely good to get there at 11 and start at the back of the WS to minimize your time in line. We have gone about 3 times over the past 5-6 years, and last year was the worst from a crowd standpoint. We have decided to take a break for awhile and maybe try to do F&G instead for awhile.

ETA: definitely plan some seminars. It helps you avoid the crowds and the heat.
We did the French Family Meal Tradition which was outstanding. We also did the Beer and Wine pairing at Via Napoli. We've booked the wine pairing at Tutto Gusto this year, plus two beverage seminars (one beer, one wine).

If you haven't been before, hit the food booths when they open for the day when the World Showcase opens. Avoid the weekends because they are mobbed.

We did the French Family Meal Tradition which was outstanding. We also did the Beer and Wine pairing at Via Napoli. We've booked the wine pairing at Tutto Gusto this year, plus two beverage seminars (one beer, one wine).

If you haven't been before, hit the food booths when they open for the day when the World Showcase opens. Avoid the weekends because they are mobbed.

Thanks for the input, Deb. Fortunately, we arrived on a Wednesday last year and really enjoyed Wednesday, Thursday and even early Friday. When we were leaving the Italian thing on Saturday and even the French Afternoon on Sunday, the place was a madhouse and wall-to-wall people. We were just at MK for the 7/3 fireworks this month, and the crowd was not even close to that weekend crowd at Epcot last October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter