EPCOT Food and Wine Festival, Sept. 25 - Nov 16 2015

It's $59 + tax. No AP discount. Can be booked online:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/food-wine-festival-tasting-sampler/
It includes 8 entitlements at 30 official F & W booths (they provide a list). They can be used to purchase almost any food and/or wine from the 30 listed booths except excluding all Champagnes, Flights & the Palette from the Cheese & Wine booths. Best bang for your buck is using the entitlements on items that cost at least $7.50 which is a few food items & most of the pricier drinks. You get a credential that has 8 tabs that you use to make your purchases. They can be used any day of the festival through 11/15/2015. Originally they said they all needed to be used in one day but the credentials all have 11/15/2015 as the expiration date for the entitlements. The credential also gives you reserved seating at the 6:45 Eat to the Beat concert only for the specific date you purchase your package for. You also get a limited edition Festival pin made only for the sampler package, it can't be purchased separately. If there are any left available day of you can buy for that day. The actual credential must be picked up day of from the Festival Center in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion. So even ordering ahead of time you will need to go pickup the actual credential

This is great news (I think). My husband and I arrive at 2pm Friday and I hope to be to EPCOT by 4pm. This is the only concert I have any interest in (90's kid) during our stay. At first I dismissed the sampler package as I thought we had to use it all one day. We will have 3-4 days at EPCOT with F&W being our main goal. Also this is our first time doing F&W. I really want to book the sampler and there is availability for Friday but I'm scared to for some reason. Anything I'm not considering? Seems like a decent deal to use the tabs on pricier items plus get a pin and concert seating.

This is great news (I think). My husband and I arrive at 2pm Friday and I hope to be to EPCOT by 4pm. This is the only concert I have any interest in (90's kid) during our stay. At first I dismissed the sampler package as I thought we had to use it all one day. We will have 3-4 days at EPCOT with F&W being our main goal. Also this is our first time doing F&W. I really want to book the sampler and there is availability for Friday but I'm scared to for some reason. Anything I'm not considering? Seems like a decent deal to use the tabs on pricier items plus get a pin and concert seating.

If you use the tabs for the higher price items such as the slushie in France or the Filet in Canada then the sampler is a good value and no there is nothing you are missing.

We just returned from 10 days at the F&W Festival. We had the sampler package and thought it was a good value. We used the tabs for the expensive slushie drinks (France, Chew Labs, etc..). Those drinks were all delicious and a good value for using our package entitlements. We unanimously did NOT like the drink from the Dominican Republic (pina colada). It was VERY small and not very tasty. Absolutely no alcohol taste, so if it was in there, it was minimal. It was $11 and not something we would try again. Also at the same booth, we got the flan and there was a runny brown sauce that they were trying to say was caramel, but it was liquid and tasted burnt. Several tables were commenting on this and threw it away (as did we). So Dominican Republic was our least favorite booth. The French slushie, the Chew-tini, and the Smoking Hibiscus were all divine! The filet in Canada IS as good as everyone says!

We also attended the Mexican Tequila Lunch (Fabulous!); the Signature Lunch at THE BOATHOUSE (even more fabulous... incredible!); and the opening night of Morimoto Asia... where Morimoto himself was in the kitchen supervising. The food at Morimoto was not disappointing, but it was borderline fast-food meets sit down restaurant. I tried the 5 spice wings, which were tasty but swimming in grease; and the black cod (which they were pushing). It was okay but the sauce was too "teriyaki" for me. It needed elevation. Unfortunately one item that was ordered never arrived. There were lots of "suits" everywhere who jumped in and helped serve tables or made sure people who were waiting overlong received a complimentary adult beverage... Overall the restaurant itself is incredibly beautiful and I will return in a few months when it has it's legs.

We'll be back in a couple of weeks to try things we missed and to attend the Food & Wine Classic at the Swan-Dolphin. To those who are there or almost there..... enjoy! It is a great festival this year... we had so much fun!

For those who booked the PREMIUM package... this year I was almost tempted when I saw the sit down tables in the shaded areas. It definitely is stepped up from previous year. There are more tables and from what I saw, the seating has umbrellas and is located in shady areas of the park. It was so hot and crowded a few times, that I could see the value of relaxing in the shade while a runner went to gather your selections from nearby booths. So I think those of you who were on the fence, then booked it...will be happy!

For those who booked the PREMIUM package... this year I was almost tempted when I saw the sit down tables in the shaded areas. It definitely is stepped up from previous year. There are more tables and from what I saw, the seating has umbrellas and is located in shady areas of the park. It was so hot and crowded a few times, that I could see the value of relaxing in the shade while a runner went to gather your selections from nearby booths. So I think those of you who were on the fence, then booked it...will be happy!

Great news! We are there tomorrow!

Hi, we arrive on Sunday the 18th and will be attending on Tues-Weds-Thurs. I was given a Disney Gift Card as a present to have to spend. Can I use it to buy items or do I have to buy the actual food & wine gift card I've been seeing posted..

Hi, we arrive on Sunday the 18th and will be attending on Tues-Weds-Thurs. I was given a Disney Gift Card as a present to have to spend. Can I use it to buy items or do I have to buy the actual food & wine gift card I've been seeing posted..
You can use your Gift Card... no need to buy the F&W version.

We just returned from 10 days at the F&W Festival. We had the sampler package and thought it was a good value. We used the tabs for the expensive slushie drinks (France, Chew Labs, etc..). Those drinks were all delicious and a good value for using our package entitlements. We unanimously did NOT like the drink from the Dominican Republic (pina colada). It was VERY small and not very tasty. Absolutely no alcohol taste, so if it was in there, it was minimal. It was $11 and not something we would try again. Also at the same booth, we got the flan and there was a runny brown sauce that they were trying to say was caramel, but it was liquid and tasted burnt. Several tables were commenting on this and threw it away (as did we). So Dominican Republic was our least favorite booth. The French slushie, the Chew-tini, and the Smoking Hibiscus were all divine! The filet in Canada IS as good as everyone says!

We also attended the Mexican Tequila Lunch (Fabulous!); the Signature Lunch at THE BOATHOUSE (even more fabulous... incredible!); and the opening night of Morimoto Asia... where Morimoto himself was in the kitchen supervising. The food at Morimoto was not disappointing, but it was borderline fast-food meets sit down restaurant. I tried the 5 spice wings, which were tasty but swimming in grease; and the black cod (which they were pushing). It was okay but the sauce was too "teriyaki" for me. It needed elevation. Unfortunately one item that was ordered never arrived. There were lots of "suits" everywhere who jumped in and helped serve tables or made sure people who were waiting overlong received a complimentary adult beverage... Overall the restaurant itself is incredibly beautiful and I will return in a few months when it has it's legs.

We'll be back in a couple of weeks to try things we missed and to attend the Food & Wine Classic at the Swan-Dolphin. To those who are there or almost there..... enjoy! It is a great festival this year... we had so much fun!
Thanks for your detailed review! :goodvibesWere you pleased with crowd levels on weekdays?:confused3 That's when we are hitting the booths. Can't wait! :cheer2::drinking1

We just attended this past friday-sunday and had a great time! Spent way more than we intended, but it was worth it. The lines often looked crazy long, but honestly moved very quickly. I don't think we waiting for anything longer than 10 minutes. Here's what we had:

(no pics of these, too dark)
Pineapple Fuzed Sake, Japan. We really liked this. The flavors blended well and it was pretty refreshing.
Chicken Gyro, Greece. Not the best i've ever had, but still good. Messy though, lol.
Le Cellier Filet, Canada. Amazing. Just...yeah. DB said he wanted to go back and buy however many the had left, lol. Tender, juicy, and full of flavor. I think this was both of our favorite.
Kalua Pork Slider, Hawaii. Db liked it, I hated it. I'm pretty sensitive to spice and this hurt my throat.
Maui Splash Sweet Pineapple Wine, Hawaii. We were both let down by this. Considering it has "sweet" in the title, it was very bitter. The pineapple mostly came across in the scent and there was very little flavor beyond a basic dry white wine.
Lamington, Australia. I thought this was pretty great, DB was so-so with it. It was soft and the flavor was really nice.

on to the things i did take pics of!

Bunratty Meade Honey Wine - Ireland
DSC02984_zps9uoe8tfl.jpg

We're big meade drinkers and were worried this would be too sweet, but we both loved it! If you're new to meade it's a great starter, and if you already like meade, it's just great lol. Would have loved a bigger cup for this one.

Potato & Leek Waffle and Belgian Waffle w/ Berry Compote - Belgium
DSC02993_zps4qwbabet.jpg

They were both good, but the berry one was a lot better. The meat was a little too tough on the potato one, though the sauce was very good. The overall flavor combination/enjoyment was just better in the berry one.

Teriyaki Gyoza Bun - Japan, and Mimosa Royale - Morocco
DSC03100_zpsnppf1d6x.jpg

The mimosa was my favorite drink I got, and possibly the best mimosa i've ever had. We both just kept saying "god this is so good!" Very tasty and refreshing. The bun was also amazingly yummy, and was the only sample we got more than once. The first time we shared one, the next time we each got our own, lol.

Soju Banana Milkshake - South Korea
DSC03098_zpsmpzmh6ug.jpg

I knew I wouldn't like this because of the ginger, and I was right. We both thought he would like it though, but he was really disappointed. It wasn't very refreshing, and the ginger was just so overwhelming. The banana chips are even dusted with it. This was a flop.

Bratwurst on a Pretzel Bun and Apple Strudel - Germany
DSC03096_zpslmphk9yn.jpg

LOVED. THESE.
The strudel was perfect. Not too sweet, tender apples, and the vanilla sauce was a wonderful compliment in flavor. The brat was great, juicy, lean, delicious. Honestly, it's a tough call for me as to weather this or the le cellier filet was my top pick. I would definitely get this again...and again, and again...

Tuna Poke - Hawaii
DSC03084_zps0qm2i9jh.jpg

We both really disliked this. We love sushi, sashimi, etc so we're no strangers to this dish. But it was just...blech. Bland, the texture was off. We both tried one piece and threw the rest out. Honestly, of the three things we got from the Hawaii booth, they were our three least liked things all weekend.

Strawberry Basil Champagne "Toast" - Desserts and Champagne
DSC03012_zpsnwbuhbly.jpg

When they first handed it to me I was let down. I was expecting champagne, what was this weird pudding thing?! But it was actually very good. It's like a mousse texture, with whipped cream and fresh strawberries, and underneath is a little bit of basil infused champagne. It was nice, cool, refreshing. Would get again.

New England Lobster Roll - Hops & Barley
DSC03004_zps0foafwdd.jpg

Pretty good. Neither of us had every had a lobster roll before, but have been wanting to try them and figured this was a good opportunity. The flavors combined well, we just wish there had been either more filling or less bread.

Loaded Mac'n'Cheese, Key Lime Wine, and Ace Pumpkin Cider - Farm Fresh
DSC03002_zps5rc7faty.jpg

DSC03001_zpsy0qrrt68.jpg

I didn't care for the flavor of the bacon in the mac, but I didn't try much of it (lactose intolerant). Db said it was just ok. He really liked the wine, i thought it was all right. If you like the flavor of key lime pie you'll love this, it was just bordering on too bitter for me. The pumpkin cider, however, was so very good! We both raved about it and plan to pick up a case when we go to total wine next week. Great, well rounded flavor. It's an easy sipping drink with no trace of "beer" flavor like some ciders have.

All in all, we were impressed with the festival, the samples we got, and plan to attend again. It was very crowded but manageable, and the CM's were rockstars handling it.

Thanks so much for your food/beverage reviews! We leave in a week and it's a big help with planning knowing how much people liked/didn't like the various items.

"Disbug, post: 54574495, member: 48455"]I would think that if you are using them at any of the 30 booths posted on your Sampler badge, there should be no problem...[/QUOTE]

Thx!! I'll be bringing my lanyard along to the party after I finish the half!! :drinking1

This is great news thank you! I will be there in 12 days.

Question....can you buy the festival gift card (the $200 one) and pay for it with your MB? I already have all of my funds loaded onto a gift card, but I would really like the 20th anniversary card. I was hoping I could buy it with my MB because I am planning on paying my room charges with my gift card.

last year they refused to sell me a gift card using my Tragic Band YMMV

Seminar update. Apparently the woman who runs beverage seminars has had the microphone taken away from her. We had a much more professional introduction today. And Pam appears to be off on Tuesday. We have a good male host

Last edited:
Heads up the latest updated Deminar Schedules have finally been posted on the WDW website. Looks like they actually updated them on 10/01 but didn't load them online until 10/12. Still 2 culinary demos & 1 Mixology showing TBD in November. Unlucky me, 4 of the Culinary demos while I'm there will feature everyone's favorite Emcee Pam.

I just thought I'd post about my experience with the Premium Package that we used from Sept 28-Oct 1. IT WAS AWESOME!! This was my first visit to EF&WF & I intensely studied the DisBoards for info on last year's PP. I booked it mainly for the usage of the Premium Areas & it was well worth it, especially to our group of 4 adults. The areas include shade using umbrellas & some seating & tables which was very helpful because Monday was a scorcher of a day & Tuesday was extremely rainy. All of the CMs working in the areas were helpful but two areas had CMs who were above & beyond wonderful! I don't know if they rotate from week to week, but our week Hammer, Gale & Nancy were at the Hops & Barley PP area & Ed, Jan & Joyce were at the Canada PP area. Such great people!! They were exactly what we expected for the "Premium" title. Every CMs got our food very quickly & we tried almost everything & enjoyed most of it. We used our entitlements on the higher priced stuff: Filet from Canada, Lobster Roll from Hops & Barley, Lamb Chop from Australia. We also shared everything, so we were able to eat from 3-4 areas before we were full & chose to walk around to enjoy the World Showcase shops.
Our favorites: Filet & lamb chop mentioned above & the scallop from Scotland. I really liked the Carrot Cake from Hops, but not everyone in my group was impressed. We did enjoy the Chocolate Truffle from the Chew for dessert.
note: the 1st PP area was tough to find! but once we knew what the setup was, we found the other areas easily. Look for a cluster of green umbrellas in a roped off area with CMs in the colorful flag shirts. I thought the map on the back of the credential was very vague.

On using the entitlements: The CMs had to process it as a separate transaction. So I had to order my entitlement items & cash it out, then order my OOP stuff. Since we were not on the dining plan, I didn't know about the QS->snacks conversion worked & I didn't ask. sorry. But we were easily able to use gift cards (purchased from Target before our trip), cash or credit cards.

We attended the Bacon Culinary Demonstration on Monday, Sept 28. it was ok. the chef was really nice. We attended the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party on Sept 29. There was some confusion on where it was going to be held due to the bad weather that evening. I was completely unfamiliar with how it's "supposed" to go, so we walked A LOT unnecessarily all around the lake trying to find out what was going on! Come to find out, the desserts were being served in the China Pavillion indoors, then we were supposed to walk over to where the Chew Stage was being built to watch Illuminations. I found the desserts underwhelming. the churros were soggy (an abomination if you ask me!) & some desserts were what was being served at the food booths, so we had already tried them (Lamington & baklava). The only thing I liked was the fruit cobblers served hot & there was a CM serving vanilla ice cream. I think the ice cream was supposed to be for making sundaes, but I had her plop it onto my apple or berry cobbler. The fireworks viewing area was roomy, but my group could see the huge group of ppl pressing in to see the fireworks & they just wanted to get out of there before all the people there would be flooding out of the park trying to leave.

Swag bag: loved all the components! all of us are saving our magic bands but I was surprised to see video of someone using it for FP+ & it saying "bon apetit". cute!

Overall: food booths & CMs were wonderful! culinary demo was ok. ISDP was a flop for us. Something we would never ever pay for. Disney sent a survey about this PP & that's the same stuff I told them about our experience.

extra stuff about EF&WF: I was able to get my group into the DVC celebrity chef meet & greet on Friday Oct 2. I signed up for that one blind because the website didn't say who was going to be there & were were 3rd in line to meet Amanda Freitag! How wonderful!!! She was lovely & I'm glad I impulsively signed up for it when I read a post on the DisBoards about it. My group was star-struck & it was another highlight of the EF&WF for all of us.

Chase Lounge: On Monday, the line to enter was very long! It was a hot hot day so I'm guessing everyone was looking to get out of the heat. We loved the use of the Freestyle Coke machines! yay! The seating/charging station area was always packed! Lots of people sitting on the ground. We chose to stay in the "bar" area with the Coke machines. It was fun watching people try to learn how to use it. We were there during Happy Hour & were offered tickets for free beer or wine (too bad we don't drink alcohol). Another day we were there when they gave out free rice krispie treats but the line was so long, we chose not to wait around for it. Loved it there! Wish it was available all year round!!!

Chase Lounge: On Monday, the line to enter was very long! It was a hot hot day so I'm guessing everyone was looking to get out of the heat. We loved the use of the Freestyle Coke machines! yay! The seating/charging station area was always packed! Lots of people sitting on the ground. We chose to stay in the "bar" area with the Coke machines. It was fun watching people try to learn how to use it. We were there during Happy Hour & were offered tickets for free beer or wine (too bad we don't drink alcohol). Another day we were there when they gave out free rice krispie treats but the line was so long, we chose not to wait around for it. Loved it there! Wish it was available all year round!!!

Happy Hour? I'm intrigued! Do you remember about when you were there?

(And soggy churos? EWW! Shame on Disney, do it right or just don't have the dessert party. It sounds like the package was well worth it without that.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter